RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Order Accepted!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 04:34 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Order Accepted!

I just got word that my order was accepted in the Lexus online system.

Matador red mica AWD – Black interior

Premium Package
Sport Package
Tow Prep package
Back up Monitor
Intuitive parking assist
Wood leather – trimmed steering wheel & shift ****
Cargo mat
Cargo net
Wheel locks

Yay!

Sandi
Old 07-17-09, 06:21 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
I just got word that my order was accepted in the Lexus online system.

Matador red mica AWD – Black interior

Premium Package
Sport Package
Tow Prep package
Back up Monitor
Intuitive parking assist
Wood leather – trimmed steering wheel & shift ****
Cargo mat
Cargo net
Wheel locks

Yay!

Sandi
you forgot comfort package; AFS is must on Lexus
your order must be custom special order or must be regional thing. Here in VA, Premium Package is bundle with comfort package.

your color combo has to be rare combo as I have yet to see one in person.

Last edited by sightdev; 07-17-09 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-17-09, 07:03 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw a MRM RX350 at serramonte lexus. Looks great!
Old 07-17-09, 07:10 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sightdev
your order must be custom special order or must be regional thing. Here in VA, Premium Package is bundle with comfort package.

I thought Sandi didn't want to get AWD and Comfort pkg in the past. I guess she added AWD for better controls and supports to Sport Pkg, and this made her a little easier to get the order done. ?

Anyway, great to see Lexus is willing to taking the varied combo and putting together for customers. I guess ppl in NE trying to get Lux pkg may be easier and more possible now.
Old 07-17-09, 07:44 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried to order a 100% fully loaded RX and it was shot down.

Lexus doesn't want to combine Sport with Levinson and Luxury. Go figure. I'll probably end up nixing the sport and maybe rear ent. Rather have all the other goodies.

Also... heard from my dealer today there are some bugs with the Rear Seat Entertainment option. They are going to be available in a couple months as a dealer installed option and may not be adding them to cars in the near term.
Old 07-17-09, 08:00 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rxets
I thought Sandi didn't want to get AWD and Comfort pkg in the past. I guess she added AWD for better controls and supports to Sport Pkg, and this made her a little easier to get the order done. ?
I added AWD since it's the only way to get the tow package. I never wanted the comfort package.

Originally Posted by rxets
Anyway, great to see Lexus is willing to taking the varied combo and putting together for customers. I guess ppl in NE trying to get Lux pkg may be easier and more possible now.
Agreed! I'm so glad to have found a dealer willing to place it!

Sandi
Old 07-17-09, 08:02 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

I don't know what AFS is. And I don't want the comfort package.

Yes, it is a special order. That's the point of the post! I wanted the Sport Package, and apparently there is not one in existence in the entire state of CA.

I've seen it before. I'd prefer a grey interior, but I can't get that with the MRM exterior color...

Sandi
Old 07-17-09, 08:05 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tazdevl
Tried to order a 100% fully loaded RX and it was shot down.

Lexus doesn't want to combine Sport with Levinson and Luxury. Go figure. I'll probably end up nixing the sport and maybe rear ent. Rather have all the other goodies.
Yeah, finding a dealer willing to order Premium and Sport as a combo with NO NAV was the issue for me - the idea of no Nav is apparently heretical to most Lexus dealerships.

Have you looked online at other dealers? Lexus of Santa Monica has a lot of the RX350's - it seems fully loaded should ABSOLUTELY be what they want to sell the most of!

Originally Posted by tazdevl
Also... heard from my dealer today there are some bugs with the Rear Seat Entertainment option. They are going to be available in a couple months as a dealer installed option and may not be adding them to cars in the near term.
Yeah, I didn't care about the RSES - no problem for me.

Sandi
Old 07-17-09, 10:35 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

AFS is the adaptive front lighting system which is the headlights that turn into the corners. I dont think i would ever buy another car without bi-xenon headlights
Old 07-18-09, 05:48 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
AFS is the adaptive front lighting system which is the headlights that turn into the corners. I dont think i would ever buy another car without bi-xenon headlights
Amen to that. I've never had them before and now that I do it's like 'How did I ever get along w/o them'??? I also like the automatic shutter method of hi/low beam. I originally wanted the LED's more for the look and high tech than anything but these Xenon HID lights do a fantastic job.
Old 07-18-09, 12:41 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Amazing how quickly we get custom to technology. Many times I wonder how I could have lived without “stuff” we have now. It wasn’t long ago when automatic window, power seats, and sun-roof was “talk” with neighbors and friends. Xeon lights were really cool and made things so much brighter in 2002 LS 430. When I purchased 2005 RX with AFS, I thought lights couldn’t get any better, than comes the LED. 10RX AFS seems to be much more responsive compare to 2005. I have not seen or experienced LED lights but in few years more vehicles should have LED lights. Probably in next 10 years, most vehicles sold in US will have navigation or some sort of guidance system with LCD display.
Old 07-18-09, 02:51 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

our second gen Rx has a weaker AFS system, where the left one can go up to 15 degrees, but the right one can only go to 5 degrees to the right