RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 04:54 AM
iralynn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front bumper loose

this is a known issue with that build. take it to your dealer for the fix
Old 10-11-12, 08:38 AM
sunsys
Driver School Candidate

see below post...

Last edited by sunsys; 10-11-12 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-11-12, 09:02 AM
sunsys
Driver School Candidate

Let me tell you what was my experience about this issue. Four moths ago I bought a used RX350 2010 from the Queens Lexus dealership in NY. They glued the bumper under the left headlight. Then within a month i started having these bumper pop outs on the left and right side of the car. After reading your post here i decided to finally have it fixed with those stronger bumper clips replacements. I took the car to the nearest dealership which is Bay Ridge in Brooklyn NY. They gave me a loaner car in a few hours they called me back to tell me that the bumper was damaged inside and they can't fix it. I explained that this is the way i bought this car and that the bumper as they know was glued. Then the guy told me that he will speak to the manager and get back to me. He called me back and said that the bumper will go to the body shop to have it fixed for me..The next day i got a call from him that they took the car to the Queens dealership and the director of the used dept Barry Scheffer told them that the car had some kind of "accident" and they are not fixing it. When i was buying this car i specifically asked for a car with no accidents and they gave me a clear carfax. I spoke to Barry the same day and i told him that the Brooklyn dealership needed to replace bumper clips and this is when they found out about the damage inside the bumper. He stated that if they took it off then they broke it. I stated that you sold me a glued bumper and it wasn't them, he said that the Queens dealership did not glue anything and i did it. So the conversation ended abruptly. I called the Customer Assistance Center and explained it to them. It's been 5 days now and no body from them contacted neither dealership. Today i get a call from the Brooklyn dealer asking me when i am going to bring their loaner car back... and that they will take my car from the Queens dealership and bring it back to Brooklyn. I do not know what else i can do or where to write or call. I spent so much money and then so much time on the phone and no body does anything. I am sorry for my negative post but this is my experience with Lexus dealerships.

Last edited by sunsys; 10-11-12 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-11-12, 09:48 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rx11fan
The dealer now says that he needs a part that will come in tomorrow am. The irony, the loaner he gave me (2011 ES350) has the same problem. The passenger side bumper pops up and you need to push it down.
My passenger side near the edge of the headlight is popping out. I've tried pushing it in countless times but it just makes a creaking sound and pops back out.
Old 10-11-12, 09:53 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsys
Let me tell you what was my experience about this issue. Four moths ago I bought a used RX350 2010 from the Queens Lexus dealership in NY. They glued the bumper under the left headlight. Then within a month i started having these bumper pop outs on the left and right side of the car. After reading your post here i decided to finally have it fixed with those stronger bumper clips replacements. I took the car to the nearest dealership which is Bay Ridge in Brooklyn NY. They gave me a loaner car in a few hours they called me back to tell me that the bumper was damaged inside and they can't fix it. I explained that this is the way i bought this car and that the bumper as they know was glued. Then the guy told me that he will speak to the manager and get back to me. He called me back and said that the bumper will go to the body shop to have it fixed for me..The next day i got a call from him that they took the car to the Queens dealership and the director of the used dept Barry Scheffer told them that the car had some kind of "accident" and they are not fixing it. When i was buying this car i specifically asked for a car with no accidents and they gave me a clear carfax. I spoke to Barry the same day and i told him that the Brooklyn dealership needed to replace bumper clips and this is when they found out about the damage inside the bumper. He stated that if they took it off then they broke it. I stated that you sold me a glued bumper and it wasn't them, he said that the Queens dealership did not glue anything and i did it. So the conversation ended abruptly. I called the Customer Assistance Center and explained it to them. It's been 5 days now and no body from them contacted neither dealership. Today i get a call from the Brooklyn dealer asking me when i am going to bring their loaner car back... and that they will take my car from the Queens dealership and bring it back to Brooklyn. I do not know what else i can do or where to write or call. I spent so much money and then so much time on the phone and no body does anything. I am sorry for my negative post but this is my experience with Lexus dealerships.
My Lexus dealer Sterling McCall Lexus tried to charge me $138 because one of the fuses blew out. I was shocked. It was a simple fuse change and I told them I would do it on my own. They ended up fixing it for free.
Old 10-11-12, 10:57 AM
TorontoRX
Rookie

Hi guys,

I just had my dealer address the same issue with my '10 RX350 since it is still a CPO vehicle. I saw the work order that I got when i picked it up and it mentioned something about work being done "fixed due TSB ...". Darn i cant remember the #. I will look at it later and will re-post.

No pushback or bs reasoning from the dealer either.
Old 10-11-12, 09:09 PM
sunsys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TorontoRX
Hi guys,

I just had my dealer address the same issue with my '10 RX350 since it is still a CPO vehicle. I saw the work order that I got when i picked it up and it mentioned something about work being done "fixed due TSB ...". Darn i cant remember the #. I will look at it later and will re-post.

No pushback or bs reasoning from the dealer either.
Thank you.
Old 10-12-12, 09:15 PM
sunsys
Driver School Candidate

Update:

My battle with Queens and Brooklyn dealerships ended today! After numerous calls to Lexus Customer Assistance Center and complaint to BBB, Lexus of Bay Ridge agreed to replace the bumper. I'll cross my fingers so they would do it as they promised.
Justice is served...

Last edited by sunsys; 10-13-12 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 04:11 PM
stockbabe
Driver School Candidate

Default Front Bumper Pop out on 2010 RX

My friend's front bumper popped (see pic) whiel parked, dealer is refusing to fix stating someone hit the vehicle. It's 2010 bought 6 months back as a CPO from Meade Lexus in Michigan.

Logged in a complaint with the Lexus Corporate.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/img7350c.jpg/
Old 03-08-13, 07:23 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KC001
Just got the 2010 and put 100 miles on it and found the front bumper loose on the passenger side. Difficult to see but it looked loose right by the headlight housing, a little pull and it popped up. Looked like the fastener was never there. Anyone else see this yet?
To your knowledge, has the bumper cover ever been off the car ?
Any kind of a paint repair will usually require removal & re-install.
Many body shops use generic brand plastic clips & fasteners to replace what the break or loose.
I found over time the OEM clips always fit better & stay in place.
My 3 children all learned to drive on our '05 Accord. Body shop owner almost a brother now.
Rear replaced once & front off at least twice.
Funny thing is no one ever knows how the scuff/scrape happened.
Old 02-03-16, 07:11 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

has anyone ever found the TSB # for this fix? i noticed this issue on my 2012 CPO yesterday... except on the driver side, it looks like the lip where it mounts under the headlight is completely sheared off...