RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trying to order RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 12:18 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trying to order RX

I was trying to order a new RX today and have been very disappointed with the process. The dealership is great but I wanted the Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management option (VDIM) which is part of the Sport Package, and I wanted the Luxury Package. They are unable to order the vehicle with both packages or the VDIM separate of the Sport Package.
After Lexus has spent all this money advertising the VDIM option it's silly that you cannot have it and the Luxury Package.
The reason we had to order the vehicle to begin with is there are none to be found at other dealerships with the Pre Collision System. I don't mind the wait be I sure wish I could get the VDIM option.
Maybe it's just me and people aren't concerned with safety.
Old 06-05-09, 04:03 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DNC
I was trying to order a new RX today and have been very disappointed with the process. The dealership is great but I wanted the Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management option (VDIM) which is part of the Sport Package, and I wanted the Luxury Package. They are unable to order the vehicle with both packages or the VDIM separate of the Sport Package.
After Lexus has spent all this money advertising the VDIM option it's silly that you cannot have it and the Luxury Package.
The reason we had to order the vehicle to begin with is there are none to be found at other dealerships with the Pre Collision System. I don't mind the wait be I sure wish I could get the VDIM option.
Maybe it's just me and people aren't concerned with safety.
I am a bit confused here. I can swear we ordered this option for the RX450h. I cannot remember for sure if the Luxury Package is the highest level of packages one can order. Is this so? All I know is that we ordered every option imaginable except for the rear entertainment option. The order was accepted.
Old 06-05-09, 04:46 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vdim is std on 450h--has to be ordered on 350

I was told sports pkg not available on 450h--my guess is since car is heavier than 350 the suspension is set up differently.

Lux pkg includes premium pkg--but still have to get comfort pkg separately
Old 06-05-09, 07:06 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VDIM is part of RX350 Sport pkg. You probably have to get Sport pkg in order to get VDIM. Luxury pkg RX350 is rare in most of area. Some areas do provide the HUD, separated from Luxury.

Anyway, I had tried a month to search the perfect options/pkgs I like, but found nothing. Blame Lexus for the wrong AD. Since their lawyers have covered most of holes except this, you may sue them for this...
Old 06-05-09, 09:13 AM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hal56
vdim is std on 450h--has to be ordered on 350

I was told sports pkg not available on 450h--my guess is since car is heavier than 350 the suspension is set up differently.

Lux pkg includes premium pkg--but still have to get comfort pkg separately
Yes, you are correct. We had to order all 3 packages to get the options we wanted, but I find it disappointing we cannot get the VDIM. All the options offered are great but my first concern is safety. I would like the advantage the VDIM option has to offer. My dealership tried very hard make this happen but called last night to say it wasn't possible, in case I wanted to cancel the order. The quality of the dealership is the reason we are driving Lexus.
I should have mentioned this is not a 450h, but instead is a 350 AWD.
Old 06-05-09, 09:54 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

the lexus ordering software on the rx seems to have glitches.

ie--I ordered the lux package and was told the led lights were required but extra--I did not see that in edmunds but it will be interesting to see how car comes in. we negotiated price based on a percentage off sticker. I wanted 10% off--they did not want to discount.

They came back with .5% I came back with 9. They went to 1% and said it was final unless I wanted to wait til late fall when they might discount the Hybrid which they said would be in short supply.
Old 06-05-09, 10:31 AM
DNC
Advanced

ie--I ordered the lux package and was told the led lights were required but extra--I did not see that in edmunds but it will be interesting to see how car comes in. we negotiated price based on a percentage off sticker. I wanted 10% off--they did not want to discount.

They came back with .5% I came back with 9. They went to 1% and said it was final unless I wanted to wait til late fall when they might discount the Hybrid which they said would be in short supply.
I would have walked, no ran out with that kind of price quote. As much as I love cars I love money more. But the bottom line is it's none of my business and if it was an agreeable price for you (the buyer) that's all that really matters.
Old 06-05-09, 01:10 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

hmm--I get the hybrid and an early one equiped as I want it to be--and it is my belief that gas prices will continue to rise and we may even see shortages. If I am correct then paying literally a few bucks more-perhaps-will be a smart move.

Still got a discount and if prices become more negotiable in the interim I probably wil get the better deal.
Old 06-05-09, 03:28 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

People are concerned with safety, but Lexus has made the mistake of packaging the VDIM system into the Sport Package, and then limiting production of that option.

I have been unable to find one in CA equipped with a Sport Package, merely to test drive (not sure I want it, if it makes the ride too harsh).

So, it's a catch-22 - I can't drive it unless I order it, and no one wants to order one with the mythical Sport Package and no Nav.

Grrr.

Sandi
Old 06-05-09, 03:47 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
People are concerned with safety, but Lexus has made the mistake of packaging the VDIM system into the Sport Package, and then limiting production of that option.

I have been unable to find one in CA equipped with a Sport Package, merely to test drive (not sure I want it, if it makes the ride too harsh).

So, it's a catch-22 - I can't drive it unless I order it, and no one wants to order one with the mythical Sport Package and no Nav.

Grrr.

Sandi
Stupid isn't it? If not for the relationship I have with our dealership we would have passed on this new RX because we are not able to get the VDIM option. We still came close to leaving.
Old 06-05-09, 04:57 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A couple of dealers have said that in 3-6 months the Sport Package/VDIM will be more available. Right now, they're rushing them to market fully loaded and squishy, to get as many "up sells" as they can for those who want to be first on the block to get one.

For those of us who may be more discriminating, we'll have to wait for the "unusual configurations" to be more available...so if you're willing or able to wait until the end of the year, you should find them more available...

Sandi
Old 06-05-09, 08:30 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
A couple of dealers have said that in 3-6 months the Sport Package/VDIM will be more available. Right now, they're rushing them to market fully loaded and squishy, to get as many "up sells" as they can for those who want to be first on the block to get one.

For those of us who may be more discriminating, we'll have to wait for the "unusual configurations" to be more available...so if you're willing or able to wait until the end of the year, you should find them more available...

Sandi
We are ordering this car. It's not a dealer trade. We are told this will always be the case with the Sport Package and Luxury Package not be available on the same vehcile. There was nothing about the SP that we wanted, except the VDIM. It just seems they would have made the VDIM available on the LP too.
Old 06-05-09, 08:34 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ordering for most common sales

See this link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4561862-post1.html ,
It may be that because the RX sells more units than all their others combined, they're building the 350 in the same manner they plan to build the 450's so as to satisfy the bulk of the market to get it rolling. Then once inventory starts to build and material for other options becomes more readily available, custom ordering will become easier.
Just my 2 cents. My deposit is 1st in line at my dealer for any of four color choices in FWD or AWD which ever comes in 1st. I hope to be driving it by July 4th. Anticipation reigns
Old 06-05-09, 10:31 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Jim: my dealer told me how most of the first couple of batches of 450h's will be built and none fit my tastes which is why I special ordered.

On the 450h I had two issues--dealer told me the system would not let them enter sports pkg on the 450h awd, and on the luxury package they had problems with the lighting package.

The luxury package was the apparent big issue-seem like very few being built with it-350 or 450.

Abt the only things I did not want was HUD, rear entertainment collision system.

The car is nice and this is a pleasant diversion from other more serious stuff.
Old 06-05-09, 11:27 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

hmmm. here in Ontario, Canada, the top of the line is the Ultra Premium which is I think equivalent to U.S.' Lux package. Our Ultra Premium comes with everything, including VDIM.

Quick Reply: Trying to order RX