RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Dynamic Cruise Available

Old 05-26-09, 06:56 PM
topout
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamic Cruise Available

My wife wants an RX but insists on having dynamic cruise (We've been driving Infinitis with adaptive cruise), yet no one has it. I've been waiting a month for one to magically appear in the area with no luck.
To order they say 3-5 months with a $5K deposit. 5 months is a long time to wait.

Has anyone got a car with dynamic cruise? Did it have to be special order? Will the 450h have a greater % made with dynamic cruise?

I'm in the NYC area and am flexible about color and want all the other features.

We test drove the FX and were unimpressed with the ride quality.
Old 05-26-09, 07:53 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!!

May I know what model/pkgs you prefer to ordering?

I saw the full-loaded RX which absolutely has this feature. If you're nearby NYC, almost all of dealers here have this model.

However, if you're looking for regular model (Prem/comf/navi) with this particular feature now in 2009. You probably won't be able to find it unless you do the special order.
Old 05-26-09, 09:32 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

It's a fairly rare option because it sounds cool in theory, but it costs several thousand dollars and it's pretty dang useless.

Save your money.
Old 05-27-09, 05:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If you need to use dynamic cruise control, the road is probably too busy for you to use cruise control safely.
Old 05-27-09, 07:25 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

my wife wanted the $500 intuitive parking assist--we got it--she wanted it--the alternative was hanging a $2 tennis ball from the garage ceiling to tell her when and where to stop.

go figure.

after a while you just get numb.
Old 05-27-09, 07:31 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The park assist actually comes in very handy and $500 is not a bad price, and it is a pain to carry a tennis ball everywhere you park
Old 05-27-09, 01:00 PM
RXTexas
Driver School Candidate

Dynamic Cruise is awesome. I have in my 2006 LS430. I just switch to the 2010 RX350 and didn't get this feature. I didn't want to pony up exta $$$ since I went with ML stereo. We also have a QX56 with DC and the Lexus DC is much more smooth with breaking and acceleration. If you can find the DC feature and don't mind the extra $$$, the DC feature is worth it.
Old 05-27-09, 02:09 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

I would not purchase/lease another car without the radar cruise (or whatever you want to call it) control. I especially find the long interstate drives SO much more comforting with this feature.
Old 05-27-09, 02:16 PM
rcf8000
Pole Position

I wouldn't buy another car without radar cruise control, which is why I special ordered a 2010 RX350. I might have been able to find what I wanted in the U.S. if I was willing to do without radar cruise. Lexus has reduced the price of it to a reasonable level.
Old 05-27-09, 06:32 PM
topout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxets
Welcome aboard!!

May I know what model/pkgs you prefer to ordering?

I saw the full-loaded RX which absolutely has this feature. If you're nearby NYC, almost all of dealers here have this model.

However, if you're looking for regular model (Prem/comf/navi) with this particular feature now in 2009. You probably won't be able to find it unless you do the special order.
I want it fully loaded. Do you know a dealer that has it? I had a couple of dealers in the area do searches and they said there were none they could get their hands on.

I have a M45 and my wife has a g35x. Adaptive cruise (what Infiniti calls it), is a hard to give up feature.
Old 05-27-09, 06:38 PM
topout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rcf8000
I wouldn't buy another car without radar cruise control, which is why I special ordered a 2010 RX350. I might have been able to find what I wanted in the U.S. if I was willing to do without radar cruise. Lexus has reduced the price of it to a reasonable level.
How long did you have to wait for the vehicle?

Last edited by topout; 05-27-09 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-27-09, 06:42 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The G Man
If you need to use dynamic cruise control, the road is probably too busy for you to use cruise control safely.
When you're driving on a 500 mile trip it gets a little annoying to cancel the cruise control because of some mooron pulls out to pass a car going 1mph faster. It nice to have the car brake for you and return to its preset speed once the road clears.
Old 05-27-09, 07:07 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by topout
I want it fully loaded. Do you know a dealer that has it? I had a couple of dealers in the area do searches and they said there were none they could get their hands on.

I have a M45 and my wife has a g35x. Adaptive cruise (what Infiniti calls it), is a hard to give up feature.
Check your PM.
Old 05-27-09, 07:18 PM
rcf8000
Pole Position

I ordered the car in the third week of February and it is supposed to arrive at the dealership on June 5th.
Old 05-28-09, 06:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CometVR4
When you're driving on a 500 mile trip it gets a little annoying to cancel the cruise control because of some mooron pulls out to pass a car going 1mph faster. It nice to have the car brake for you and return to its preset speed once the road clears.
I guess you are talking to the wrong guy, I hardly use my cruise control on long trips. I rather control the accelarator myself. I am all for techonlogy and all that but I trust myself more than the computer when it comes to braking and slowing down, especially when there is a car full of kids. Have your nav. system ever miss a turn off voice command, I sure would not want the DC system to miss a stop command while I am doing 75 MPH.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynamic Cruise Available