RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Seat position memory problem

Old 07-14-09, 12:24 PM
Maelman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to the dealership and got updated instructions on how to link the keys to seat memory positions. Here are the instructions that worked for me.

We'll pretend we're programming memory button #1... make sure your car is running or switched on enough to roll the windows up and down.

1. If you haven't don so already, make your adjustments to the drivers seat and save it to memory button #1 on the door according to the instructions in the owners manual.

2. Make sure you only have the one key you are trying to program INSIDE the car with you and you close the drivers side door <--- this is easy to overlook

3. Press and hold memory button #1 on the door THEN press the lock button on the door and you should get a confirmation beep. You do not push any buttons on the remote itself as instructed in the How-To video for the front seats!

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Maelman; 07-14-09 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 12:47 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maelman
I just went to the dealership and got updated instructions on how to link the keys to seat memory positions. The information in the manual is incorrect. here are the instructions that worked for me.

We'll pretend we're programming memory button #1... make sure your car is running or switched on enough to roll the windows up and down.

1. If you haven't don so already, make your adjustments to the drivers seat and save it to memory button #1 on the door according to the instructions in the owners manual.

2. Make sure you only have the one key you are trying to program INSIDE the car with you.

3. Press and hold memory button #1 on the door THEN press the lock button on the door and you should get a confirmation beep. You do not push any buttons on the remote itself!

I hope this helps.
Welcome to the forums.

If the owner manual is wrong, I probably made some mistakes when following the instructions. 'cause it seemed to work for me.

Could you point out the difference btwn your new instructions and the onwer manual? Thanks for your update.

Attached Thumbnails Seat position memory problem-page_68.jpg  
Old 07-14-09, 02:59 PM
Maelman
Driver School Candidate

Actually the I was going off the instructional video that came with my car (specifically the "How-To" video for the front seats). In the video they instructed you hold down the unlock button on the key remote while pressing the memory position on the door. I've updated my instructions accordingly.

The instructions you pasted look the same as what I posted. One easy thing to overlook is forgetting to close the drivers side door while linking the key with the memory slot.
Old 08-29-09, 04:47 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to revive an old thread but I'll be trying this today and I wanted to see if the original poster ever got his working.

One thing that might be an issue is having the 2nd key somewhere close to the car. Remember, you can unlock the doors and use remote start from quite a distance so maybe their other key was close by. I have my other key in a closet by the garage door. I'm going to put it on the other side of the house while I do this just in case.

I'm going to try it and report back but I'd love to hear other experiences (especially if the OP's Lexus dealer is still saying it can't be done!).

Thanks!

Jay
Old 08-29-09, 02:39 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through this process on our RX450h and it works exactly as it should with my wife's and my key. If the car is locked and then unlocked by touching the handle, the seat position, etc. will automatically adjust depending on the settings and key used. I just followed the programming that rxets showed here from the manual.
Old 08-29-09, 05:17 PM
data2009
Pole Position

My problem is different, and it has only occured 3 times, but its still annoying.

I am the only driver (for now). I kept getting annoyed by the seats and wheel moving when turning the car off, so I had the dealer service change the settings, so only the wheel now resets. Recently, I had a wierd issue -after I stop and hit the off button, both seats and wheel move to default position. EXCEPT the seats are moving forward, not backwards, thus squeezing my 6'3" x 225 lb frame into a small ninja configuration. My wife saw me getting squeezed and thought it was funny. Its hilarious, when you not the driver. The problem is not persistent, which annoys me even more. I have about 4k until the next service visit, but if anyone else had similar experience, please share.
Old 08-29-09, 07:29 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by data2009
My problem is different, and it has only occured 3 times, but its still annoying.

I am the only driver (for now). I kept getting annoyed by the seats and wheel moving when turning the car off, so I had the dealer service change the settings, so only the wheel now resets. Recently, I had a wierd issue -after I stop and hit the off button, both seats and wheel move to default position. EXCEPT the seats are moving forward, not backwards, thus squeezing my 6'3" x 225 lb frame into a small ninja configuration. My wife saw me getting squeezed and thought it was funny. Its hilarious, when you not the driver. The problem is not persistent, which annoys me even more. I have about 4k until the next service visit, but if anyone else had similar experience, please share.
I wonder if you checked under the "owner personalized settings" in the Other Vehicle Settings area #22 ? Mine was doing the same thing until I changed the seat setting to "Remain in the current position as set by the driver. (Off)

Of course after checking the setting, and it's correct, (OFF) and the seat still moves, you've got a defect for the dealer to figure out.

I think it's great that Lexus now lets us change/check the settings without always having to run back to the dealer for them to do it.

Here's a link to the personalized settings: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX_with_nav.pdf

Last edited by 4482; 08-29-09 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-29-09, 10:08 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4482
I wonder if you checked under the "owner personalized settings" in the Other Vehicle Settings area #22 ? Mine was doing the same thing until I changed the seat setting to "Remain in the current position as set by the driver. (Off)

Of course after checking the setting, and it's correct, (OFF) and the seat still moves, you've got a defect for the dealer to figure out.

I think it's great that Lexus now lets us change/check the settings without always having to run back to the dealer for them to do it.

Here's a link to the personalized settings: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX_with_nav.pdf
Thanks, I will check, just in case. As I mentioned, this does not happen all the time, it started happening only recently. I turned the setting off after a week back in April.
Old 04-02-10, 05:05 PM
PaulES350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, spent most of the afternoon trying to get this to work. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully will work. Not much of a fuss as I am the principal driver and seat is not changed position unless my wife does not take her car out. But, if it says it should work, should not accept anything less
Old 08-06-12, 11:13 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Does anyone posts #16 and 17 know if this works on 13 RX's? or does this only apply to 10-12

Thx
Old 08-06-12, 12:33 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Does anyone posts #16 and 17 know if this works on 13 RX's? or does this only apply to 10-12

Thx
I'm not post 16 or 17 but have a 2013. The instructions are the same. Once you get your 2013, the instructions are in the 2013 RX 450h/RX350 owner's manual. Already have my seats and key fobs linked up, works great.
Old 08-06-12, 04:46 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As go3Ds says, changing the settings works just fine in my 2013 RX450h as well. I followed the directions, and voila!
Old 08-06-12, 04:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Thx, just making sure it still applied. You never know with a refresh. Some vehicles gain things and lose them. Thx again!
Old 09-30-12, 10:42 PM
cossie1600
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine doesnt work either wtf
Old 10-04-12, 09:29 AM
Nexifer
Driver School Candidate

I set my seats and found that it wasn't working. After fiddling around and reading the manual etc. I realized that the seat will only move to the memorized position if the door has been locked. The memory is apparently linked to the unlocking of the door, not just the opening of the door.
My wife never locks the car in the garage so when I opened the door, the seat wasn't moving to my position and I was squishing myself unless I first hit my memory button. Now, I've instructed my wife to lock the car in the garage and wallah! The seat moves back to my position when I pull the door handle and the door unlocks...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat position memory problem