RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus.com changes configurations

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 07:49 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lexus.com changes configurations

Argh.

i was on lexus.com yesterday, and it seems that they've changed the bundling of the options.

The Options that used to be available as standalones are now mostly included as various Premium packages.

* To get the Parking Assist, it's part of the $9K Nav package now

* The wood steering wheel and know are now bundled into a Luxury package

*The ML stereo is no longer listed as a separate option - you MUST opt for a Nav package to get it.

* The Sport Package has disappeared ENTIRELY.

Is this common? Or just short-term reflection of the most popular bundles, and later they'll untie them to reflect the brochure again?

Grrrrrrrrr.

Sandi
Old 04-19-09, 11:37 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

are you looking at the options pages, or are you at the build page? the build page that occurs after you input your zipcode changes based on availability and factory decisions

i still see the sport package, and if my memory serves correctly, the packages are still the same.

Last edited by RXSF; 04-19-09 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-19-09, 03:15 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The website still cannot reflect the true setup of each regions. 3 dealers told me they cannot give me the cars I like or the ones I've built online. It's just the information to show you what this '10RX350 is capable of doing. If I insist of what I want, I have to run thru the special order or wait for '10RX450, which probably will have everything I want.
Old 04-19-09, 04:16 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
are you looking at the options pages, or are you at the build page? the build page that occurs after you input your zipcode changes based on availability and factory decisions

i still see the sport package, and if my memory serves correctly, the packages are still the same.
I have the brochure (for options) and I was at the build page (again).

Yesterday, the build page rebundled some options, and entirely dropped others I'd been able to add in prior iterations on that page.

Including the sport package.

Grrr. I'd like to actually DRIVE ONE before I know if it's an option I want.

Sandi
Old 09-19-09, 08:23 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Question

It seems Lexus.com made the changes again. The site now contains all the selective models/options as it had in the begining of RX10 era. So does this mean Lexus now is fully capable of providing the "real" RX10 to ppl?
Old 09-19-09, 08:27 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

But some areas don't have Mark Levinson audio anymore?

SF has it; Chicago/NY don't.
Old 09-19-09, 10:33 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

they changed it on August 1st, after adding enform to the car. The first batch of RXs were like test models, and as they got more demand for certain configurations for an area, they slowly incorporate it into the shipment.
Old 09-20-09, 05:45 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
they changed it on August 1st, after adding enform to the car. The first batch of RXs were like test models, and as they got more demand for certain configurations for an area, they slowly incorporate it into the shipment.
This sounds like a reasonable way to do things, but now that I see how they've changed the packaging, I'm really glad I got mine early. My options were: Comfort pkg-adaptive lights, h&v seats, rain sensing wipers for $2k, 12 spkr audio and 6 disc changer for $100., Nav for $2400, Premium pkg-leather trim, moonroof and htd mirrors for $2400, wood steering wheel for $330, and remote start for $375.
While I would've liked to have the Enform, I never would've been able to get the Nav(which is terrific) if it had been in a $4k or $9k? package.
One great thing that they changed from previous years was giving everyone a backup camera even if you don't get Nav.
I'm certain that packaging the cars is a great money saver for TMCC, but it does put you at their mercy. You always used to be able to order US cars ala carte, but look where they are now!!
Old 09-24-09, 08:01 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What really annoys me, is that US customers are permitted more or less to equip their vehicles with what they want - yet Canadian customers must purchase packages - premium 1, Premium 11, Touring or Ultra Premium. The Ultra Prem includes basically everything including the damned rear seat DVD - which as a single guy I object to paying for and there is no way out of it unless I opt for Touring then I cannot get park assist, Levinson, HUD and a few others. To not allow someone to opt out of the rear DVD is just silly and I am seriously comtemplating not purchasing a new Lexus at all- i resent spending a couple of thousand on something i'll never use. To add insult to injury, our vehicles go down the same assemmbly line as the US ones in Cambridge, ON...Lexus/Toyota are you listening??
Old 09-24-09, 09:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
What really annoys me, is that US customers are permitted more or less to equip their vehicles with what they want - yet Canadian customers must purchase packages - premium 1, Premium 11, Touring or Ultra Premium. The Ultra Prem includes basically everything including the damned rear seat DVD - which as a single guy I object to paying for and there is no way out of it unless I opt for Touring then I cannot get park assist, Levinson, HUD and a few others. To not allow someone to opt out of the rear DVD is just silly and I am seriously comtemplating not purchasing a new Lexus at all- i resent spending a couple of thousand on something i'll never use. To add insult to injury, our vehicles go down the same assemmbly line as the US ones in Cambridge, ON...Lexus/Toyota are you listening??
Purchase one in the USA