RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

If you buy a 2010 RX350...

Old 03-04-09, 08:32 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan8
I emailed a few local dealers and all have said MSRP on the 2010 RX. I said I wanted to buy at or below invoice and he just laughed and said, wait until 2011.

Doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Just wait a few months, you will be laughing at them when their lots are full of un-sold RX.
Old 03-05-09, 09:33 AM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Just wait a few months, you will be laughing at them when their lots are full of un-sold RX.
This will probably be true but not for the reasons you think...

I explored my financing options last week and came up with ZERO. I could not qualify for a loan alone or with a cosigner. I have perfect credit, just a short history (~24 months) and a new credit card in the last 4 months. This has driven my score so low I cannot secure a loan. I've tried every bank in my area and even had a relative who has a networth over $600K and own two houses cosign with me= no loan.

I'm starting to believe the credit crisis is real and is affecting car sales...
Old 03-05-09, 09:38 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

I, my company, was approved at the best rate that Lexus Financial offers but I am not paying list for a 2010 450h. No way. I will just wait as I know that later this year Lexus will offer "incentives". They will have little choice.
Old 03-05-09, 10:20 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Btmnk21
This will probably be true but not for the reasons you think...

I explored my financing options last week and came up with ZERO. I could not qualify for a loan alone or with a cosigner. I have perfect credit, just a short history (~24 months) and a new credit card in the last 4 months. This has driven my score so low I cannot secure a loan. I've tried every bank in my area and even had a relative who has a networth over $600K and own two houses cosign with me= no loan.

I'm starting to believe the credit crisis is real and is affecting car sales...
Well, thats what started the whole credit crisis in the 1st place, backs give out loans to people with low credit score. In your case, you just dont have enough credit history.
Old 03-05-09, 02:20 PM
tigerbait
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My salesman laughed in my general direction when I offered to order a 2010
at invoice. He said they are backordered and don't even think about being able to find one in starfire pearl and bla bla bla. So if you need work come on
down to Louisiana because evidently the money is still flowing and people are buying the new RX in droves.
Old 03-05-09, 05:48 PM
98OysterES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tigerbait
at invoice. He said they are backordered and don't even think about being able to find one in starfire pearl and bla bla bla. So if you need work come on
down to Louisiana because evidently the money is still flowing and people are buying the new RX in droves.
That is ridiculous!

I just bought 2010 RX250 AWD w/ Comfort Package, Navigation w/ 12 speaker audio, premium package, wood wheel & wood shift ****, tow prep, etc...

MSRP = $46,775 - Paid $44,000

Starfire Pearl w/ Gray Perforated Leather ... not too rare in NJ ... ordered on 2/14 ... took delivery 2/19! Japan-Built
Old 03-05-09, 05:54 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 98OysterES
That is ridiculous!

I just bought 2010 RX250 AWD w/ Comfort Package, Navigation w/ 12 speaker audio, premium package, wood wheel & wood shift ****, tow prep, etc...

Starfire Pearl w/ Gray Perforated Leather ... not too rare in NJ ... ordered on 2/14 ... took delivery 2/19! Japan-Built
Congrats!

This give me hopes that I can find one in my price range. Just gotta get me a dealer with common sense like you did.

How much haggling did you get into for that price?
Old 03-05-09, 07:20 PM
ciparis
Rookie

Well, thats what started the whole credit crisis in the 1st place, backs give out loans to people with low credit score. In your case, you just dont have enough credit history.
There was plenty of that going on, but it was mostly the debt to income ratio flexibility that screwed things up. Especially on the ARMs where they didn't consider past the first adjustment (and doubly so on the Option ARMs).
Old 03-06-09, 05:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ciparis
There was plenty of that going on, but it was mostly the debt to income ratio flexibility that screwed things up. Especially on the ARMs where they didn't consider past the first adjustment (and doubly so on the Option ARMs).
Sounds like the banks need to contract out to the mafias to collect on some of these loans
Old 03-06-09, 05:00 PM
guysfo
Driver School Candidate

Default Switching Salesman

Had the same thing happen to me this week. He said they just can’t order any specific options/color in the first year even you willing full MSRP. Long story short, my neighbor just ordered her at the same dealership with a different salesman. My question: Am I allowed to switch salesman in the “dealing” period?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by tigerbait
Old 03-06-09, 05:27 PM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

That depends upon the terms of your "dealing period" contract that you signed with the salesman. If the contract is exclusive for a stated period of time, and many of these contracts are, then no, you are committed to negotiate only with that salesman. However, many such contracts give the buyer the option, upon three days written notice, to exercise an option to change allegiance. Just give notice to your salesman that you intend to talk to another salesman, then all you have to do is give the required notice that you are exercising the option to transfer negotiation rights to another representative, and you will be free to talk to another salesman, as long as he is "in network" and not listed on the appendix of prohibited representatives.
It's all set out in the original agreement you signed when you entered the dealership.
Old 03-07-09, 05:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by guysfo
Had the same thing happen to me this week. He said they just can’t order any specific options/color in the first year even you willing full MSRP. Long story short, my neighbor just ordered her at the same dealership with a different salesman. My question: Am I allowed to switch salesman in the “dealing” period?

Thanks.
You can always get another salesman but maybe it's not the salesman.
Mostly,if not all dealerships have multiple sales managers.Salesman always go to their sales manager to ok numbers and dealings.
Your neighbor maybe had a different sales manager.
Old 03-07-09, 06:23 AM
mikey00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98OysterES
That is ridiculous!

Which NJ dealer? I am thinking of trading in my 2001 RX for a 2010 (cash deal).
Old 03-07-09, 02:36 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
That depends upon the terms of your "dealing period" contract that you signed with the salesman. If the contract is exclusive for a stated period of time, and many of these contracts are, then no, you are committed to negotiate only with that salesman. However, many such contracts give the buyer the option, upon three days written notice, to exercise an option to change allegiance. Just give notice to your salesman that you intend to talk to another salesman, then all you have to do is give the required notice that you are exercising the option to transfer negotiation rights to another representative, and you will be free to talk to another salesman, as long as he is "in network" and not listed on the appendix of prohibited representatives.
It's all set out in the original agreement you signed when you entered the dealership.
Dear god! Do people really sign contracts in your part of the world to deal with car salesmen? I just couldn't deal with that. I view my relationship with a salesmen the same why I do that of my doctor; I can terminate it at any second. In years past I have had salesmen with bad attitudes cause me to ask for another. I'm not signing anything at a dealership until the deal is done. I see anything else as the tail wagging the dog. Please tell me I have misunderstood this somehow.
Old 03-07-09, 03:02 PM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

My essay on dealer contracts was sarcastic, prompted by what could well be the dumbest question posted here in several years (maybe ever) ("can I talk to a different salesman if I don't like the first guy?")
My response to the above post is "Dear god! I don't think he got it."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you buy a 2010 RX350...