RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

So disappointed with the new 2010 RX....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 12:47 PM
sphereman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So disappointed with the new 2010 RX....

I have been waiting for the new gen. RX for at least 2 years...

After seeing pics, videos and etc, all I can say is I should have bought the current RX two years ago.

I am going to the dealers around me to find me a 09 RX for myself now.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Old 11-21-08, 01:00 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no

Old 11-21-08, 01:11 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

me neither...i plan to get rid of my 04 for the new one. it might not have been what i wanted, but its still a fresh design.

i base my car buying decisions not just on how i feel about them. i mean if it was truly ugly, then i wouldnt buy it, but since i can live with it, i wouldnt buy an "old" model design with the new one coming out. you will take a giant hit in depreciation and even though you are buying an 09, you might as well have bought an 04. it doesnt make sense to buy a new car that will be "old" in three months

just my opinion
Old 11-21-08, 01:29 PM
jeffgdula
Driver School Candidate

Was it as good as I had hoped? No. Is it good enough for me and the gf to buy rather than save a bit on an 09? I think so. We are going to meet with our salesman tomm. to decide and order.
Old 11-21-08, 01:43 PM
RXSF

order? tell us how that goes. i didnt know you could pre-order it now... good luck! i hope you get the package lists
Old 11-21-08, 02:17 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

based on the early pictures, am happy we bought last year even tho it doesnt have all the updated gadgetry. no doubt many will like the new version which is great.
Old 11-21-08, 02:49 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

I like the new RX400h and may consider one when my lease is up on my 2006 RX400h. They even made big improvements on the gas milage I heard at least 8 MPG better so instead of 25 to 26 I would get in the low 30's.
Old 11-21-08, 02:50 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll be buying a new vehicle but from what I've seen I seriously doubt it will be a new RX. I'm very disappointed. It will likely be another 5-6 years until another redesign. Looks like I'll be driving something else for a spell.

Time to begin the search for a replacement for my 04 RX. Good time to be buying a vehicle now as most automakers are pretty anxious to sell anything. I'll post back what my search is like.
Old 11-21-08, 02:53 PM
scargo
Driver School Candidate

We'll look at the BMW X3. Lexus seems unwilling to notice that most people do not want a bigger RX.
Old 11-21-08, 02:59 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

i'm disappointed w/ the looks. it is basically like the ES front hood, which to me looks very odd on a raised crossover/SUV. i don't know where lexus is going with their designs. maybe it will grow on me, but i don't think so. i really like the current shape/design much better.

the new gadgets are great though, but not too sure about that joystick-thing, or whatever it is.
Old 11-21-08, 03:11 PM
SeanNYC
Driver School Candidate

I don't understand the people who say they don't really like the new RX but will buy it because it is "fresh".

Well... **** is fresh too when it first come out. Will you buy that too?

I've owned half a dozen Lexus over the last 15 years. This new RX is such a disappointment that words can't even begin to describe. I seriously hope this is not the direction Lexus is going towards. Lexus needs to wake up, their core customers doesn't want funky asymmetric interiors!!!

Last edited by SeanNYC; 11-21-08 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-21-08, 03:14 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Originally Posted by SeanNYC
Well... **** is fresh too when it first come out. Will you buy that too?
LOL!

welcome to club lexus , and nice first post!
Old 11-21-08, 03:17 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Luxury cars are suppose to look sharp, handsome, expensive and not full of odd shapes and design that you seen on vehicles meant for 20 year olds. The interior is so pathetic and uninspiring especially the semicircle around the gear shift = it is so unnecessary to make swooping shapes like that. It is a childlish shape and it will bring down the RX sales. Mark my words, with the poor economy, and the lukewarm shape of the new RX as being too ordinary and simple improvement over the 2nd gen, the sales will fall off. Look at how Ford screwed up the Taurus with jelly bean style Taurus in the late 1990s and look how Nissan screwed the last gen maxima with odd shapes and bloaty body, look how Jeep screwed the new Grand Cherokee to make it look outdated, look how Acura screwed the new RL with funny shapes. All these cars lost sales dramatically from their predecessors which where high in sales. Once the car reaches its pinnacle, like the last 2nd gen RX, it will never ever happen again. This goes same for the 3rd vs. the 2nd gen Lexus GS and same for the 2nd vs. 1st SC coupe, and same for the 2nd vs. 3rd and 4th generation LS. Sales sliding...... To the point when I will just stay with my GS which has the best L-finesse design and interior that looks luxurious then thats it for me for LExus for now.
Old 11-21-08, 03:19 PM
RXSF

yes, you made a great first impression.

now anyways, the reasoning behind this is because those buyers, including myself, want to have the latest thing. that may include latest gadgets, latest styling (though subjective), and the latest "fashion statement". honestly, its not even that bad. as i said, if it looked like a pontiac aztec, then i wouldnt buy it. but since its pretty much what i had in mind, in relation to past RXs, then i have to say im not too disapointed, and therefore would consider the purchase.

im very tired of my 04 RX. i want something new in the same class as the RX. and honestly, no other car maker does anything for me in this class.

i have to say the car is growing more on me everyday
Old 11-21-08, 03:25 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't get the 2nd Gen RX because the style was just okay. If I wanted it, I would have bought it. I waited about two extra years to see how the 3rd Gen would be and I'm thoroughly disappointed, so now I'll have to leave Lexus and see what's out there. I would not go back just because the current one is bad also... because I didn't like the 2nd gen RX to begin with.

Quick Reply: So disappointed with the new 2010 RX....