RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Joining the 2004 RX330 Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-03, 08:33 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the 2004 RX330 Owners Club

As of today (7/30/03) I have my 2004 RX330 on order. Now comes the hard part since it's a special order and will take 90-120 days. I appreciate all the good info I have received from this website and forum.

I have to say again, that after seeing and driving this vehicle, there was something about it (maybe those 18" rims) that drew me to it, and also made me want it. I always liked the previous generation, but Lexus did a great job on this new generation, that makes you desire it once again.

This RX will primarily be for my wife, so she doesn't need the Performance Package and this is going to be the perfect sporty family vehicle. Yes I am domesticated already!

2004 RX330 AWD
- Black Onyx Exterior
- Ivory Leather Interior
- Mark Levinson Audio / Navigation Package
(Premium Package+ included in this package)
(The Mark Levinson Audio pretty much made this a special order vehicle).
- Rear Entertainment System
- 18" Rims
- ETA - November 2003? What a wait!

If any of you have any questions about purchasing a similar set up, I'd be more than happy to help (NJ member here).
Old 07-30-03, 08:36 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

way to go lexguynj - Black Onyx baby.....

the waiting is the hardest part.... can't your local dealership let you have a loaner rx330 to play with in the meantime?? Christmas comes early in Jersey
Old 07-31-03, 08:42 AM
RickC
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sounds exactly like my config, but I got it off the lot. I didn't have to order it. The MSRP was 45248.00?

RickC
Old 07-31-03, 04:01 PM
eyebike
Driver

Sounds like a nice RX configured that way. I dont think you will miss the performance package. I thought is was a must have, when I ordered my RX. However, I dont even use it that much anymore. Couple of other owners dont either. For the sporty and firm handling, you have to manually select it each time you turn the car on. Too much of a pain. The RX in normal (N) mode basically handles pretty well and rides nicely too. My kids complained the other mode was too harsh and firm. Well anyways you'll enjoy it when it comes in. Your kids will really love the RES.

Last edited by eyebike; 07-31-03 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 05:53 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jeffknet
way to go lexguynj - Black Onyx baby.....

the waiting is the hardest part.... can't your local dealership let you have a loaner rx330 to play with in the meantime?? Christmas comes early in Jersey
Jeffknet - I think you were one of the first ones on here to post a photo of your beautiful Black Onyx RX330. I thank you again for doing this, since those photos gave me even more incentive to get this RX330.

My local dealership is good, but not that good to give me an RX330 loaner during this waiting period. I think I can get some free bagels and coffee out of them at times.....

Christmas is coming early! I didn't think about it that way, but you're right!
Old 07-31-03, 05:58 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RickC
That sounds exactly like my config, but I got it off the lot. I didn't have to order it. The MSRP was 45248.00?

RickC
Hey RickC - that's a great find on your part, I'd love to have that NO wait period too.

I guess it all depends on allocation, since my dealer wasn't even going to look for one at another dealership, and they said the only way was to special order it. I'm sure Lexus makes this configuration for stock, but must be so popular that there are no more left. My MSRP was a little higher than what you had there.

What's interesting is building your Lexus on the Lexus Website. It's not exactly straight forward, since for different regions it gives different packages. I couldn't even find the Mark Levinson Audio / Nav package option in the build to section. In the end it all matched up in terms of MSRP by using carsdirect.com pricing to confirm.
Old 07-31-03, 06:01 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by eyebike
Sounds like a nice RX configured that way. I dont think you will miss the performance package. I thought is was a must have, when I ordered my RX. However, I dont even use it that much anymore. Couple of other owners dont either. For the sporty and firm handling, you have to manually select it each time you turn the car on. Too much of a pain. The RX in normal (N) mode basically handles pretty well and rides nicely too. My kids complained the other mode was too harsh and firm. Well anyways you'll enjoy it when it comes in. Your kids will really love the RES.
Hey Eyebike,

I too was thinking about the Performance package. Finally a Lexus with a Sports option! However then I realized that I'm not the primary driver of this vehicle (my wife is) and another funny aspect is that my wife likes that Wood Steering wheel and the Performance Package doesn't offer it. I'm sure you will put that Performance package to good use more often and you know it's cool, you can show people how your ride can be lowered. That's always cool.
Old 07-31-03, 08:15 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

lexguynj

here's a window's wallpaper I created for us "Black Onyx" types - put this on a black background and you're set - it'll give you something to look at while you wait...

Old 07-31-03, 08:25 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Link to Black RX330 - Vehicle Review Video

Jeffknet - thanks for the cool pic.

Here's a link to your Black RX in action - Vehicle Review - Video (ENJOY):

http://www.carnuttv.com/roadtests/2004_lexus_RX330.htm
Old 07-31-03, 08:44 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Best Side View Photo of the new RX330 so far:

Link to more of these photos and initial Auto Show reviews:

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autosho...xus-rx330.html
Attached Thumbnails Joining the 2004 RX330 Owners Club-lexus-rx330-1311.jpg  
Old 07-31-03, 08:45 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Best Lexus Promo shot so far (hmmmmm - they all seem to be in the silver color - which looks great too!)

I wonder if it's also the same guy in the photo above?!
Attached Thumbnails Joining the 2004 RX330 Owners Club-rx_330_awd_model.jpg  

Last edited by lexguynj; 07-31-03 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 08:46 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

can't seem to get the link (for the vid) to work... oh well

have you seen this DVD??

it's VERY cool - it has 5 commercials on it and the best one is a 2 minute rock video called "Magic Carpet Ride" it features clips of a Millenium Silver and a Black Onyx RX330 in action. It also features the "Clean Room" commercial where the Brits inspect a Black Onyx in the white laboratory...

it's on eBay for $5 - not a bad deal here's the link
Old 07-31-03, 08:55 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Jeff - Damn that looks like a great DVD, I put my request in for that one a long time ago and never received it.

I did receive the 3 Journey's DVD recently with the RX, GX & LX with some small story lines. It shows the Black RX330 crusing through the city and looking good. Also a nice DVD, but probably not as nice as this RX330 one. Thanks again for sharing.

You're right - for some reason that link is not working anymore to video, maybe that website will fix it soon.

Last edited by lexguynj; 07-31-03 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 09:00 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

lexguynj

off topic - but where you at in NJ?? I grew up in Somerset - and moved to Texas after high school.

How 'bout those Devils !
Old 07-31-03, 09:07 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jeffknet
lexguynj

off topic - but where you at in NJ?? I grew up in Somerset - and moved to Texas after high school.

How 'bout those Devils !
Born, raised & still stuck here in central NJ (Princeton area - suburbia and malls and Home Depot / Lowes all around me!). It's not that bad, it's actually a very nice area and it's home.

Nice to meet a fellow former NJ friend. It seems you got out while you could!

Quick Reply: Joining the 2004 RX330 Owners Club