RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Performance Package - Colors/Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-03, 08:06 AM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Package - Colors/Options

In April, I put a deposit on a Neptune Blue/Ivory RX330 with Performance Package, Rear Entertainment, Navigation, heated seats. My dealer is in the NYC area. I also wanted ML and the laser cruise but was told that was not available. I wanted a car loaded except for the tow package. The dealer kept telling me that he could get me what I wanted except for the ML and Laser Cruise and it would be here the first week of June. We're talking about a car that is in excess of $48k.

I just heard from the dealer that my car has arrived but it does not have the Performance Package and is missing some of the options I wanted. I'm starting to do some research and learning that at this time the Performance Package only comes in a few colors -- Black, Flint, and Silver. Is this correct? Any information on the interior colors? I also heard that the rear entertainment system is not available on the performance package as a factory installed option. It can be installed at the dealer but is not in sync with the DVD navigation system and therefore may not be as good. How could my dealer not know this stuff? Any ideas on what I should do? What is the latest information about the options and colors available on a performance package RX330. Thanks in advance. Bob
Old 06-05-03, 08:47 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

I got my Neptune Blue with black interior along with the performance package two months ago.
Old 06-05-03, 12:28 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I may be partial due to the fact that I have the Performace Package w/Nav & Rearview Cam (Black on Black) - but the features offered in this package are much more appealing (to me) than the Premium Package considering the price/value. If you can do without the ML Audio, Rear Seat Ent Sys, heated seats and the Wood Steering wheel you should go for the Perf cause you'll get AFL HID Headlights, Laser Adaptive Cruise Control, 18" Polished Graphite Wheels, Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers, Air Tuned Suspension and E-Shift. My dealer told me they can work better deals (ie: more discounts) on these cause they're more niche and available in fewer color options.

you can take a look at my Perf Package here
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/digabitde.../RX330&.view=t

good luck Bob!
Old 06-05-03, 12:55 PM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

Default Agree -- but

Jeffknet,

I agree with your assessment. I can live with eveything -- and do love your color combination but my wife will kill me without the heated seats. I'm not sure why a car prices in the $40s would not have heated seats standard or at least part of both the performance/premium package. bob
Old 06-05-03, 01:04 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

understand completely Bob - but here in Texas the seats heat up without any additional help
Old 06-05-03, 02:37 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

It probably depends on area. My package includes the heated seats.
Old 06-05-03, 10:08 PM
Skip
Driver

Mine has the performsnce package and heated seats. It gets cold in Los Angeles. HA HA Skip
Old 06-05-03, 11:27 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Here is the Midwest (Minnesota - brrr) all RX330's come with Heated Seats. The performance pkg?NAV car we are waiting for will be in Breakwater Blue with Light Gray interior. To get this combo including the NAV required a special order. I was told upfront that the ML audio was not available with the VP. Don't know about the DVD as we did not want this option so it didn't come up.
Old 06-06-03, 07:23 AM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

The Breakwater Blue is a gorgeous car. I saw one parked in midtown Manhattan the other day and there was a small group of people around it. One of the only sunny days here in the last 40. The color really shows off the new body style. What is the timing on your special order? When did you put the order in and how long will you need to wait? Why grey versus ivory inside? Bob
Old 06-06-03, 08:21 PM
davett_225
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Performance Package - Colors/Options

Originally posted by Bobbaxter
In April, I put a deposit on a Neptune Blue/Ivory RX330 with Performance Package, Rear Entertainment, Navigation, heated seats. My dealer is in the NYC area. I also wanted ML and the laser cruise but was told that was not available. I wanted a car loaded except for the tow package. The dealer kept telling me that he could get me what I wanted except for the ML and Laser Cruise and it would be here the first week of June. We're talking about a car that is in excess of $48k.

I just heard from the dealer that my car has arrived but it does not have the Performance Package and is missing some of the options I wanted. I'm starting to do some research and learning that at this time the Performance Package only comes in a few colors -- Black, Flint, and Silver. Is this correct? Any information on the interior colors? I also heard that the rear entertainment system is not available on the performance package as a factory installed option. It can be installed at the dealer but is not in sync with the DVD navigation system and therefore may not be as good. How could my dealer not know this stuff? Any ideas on what I should do? What is the latest information about the options and colors available on a performance package RX330. Thanks in advance. Bob
We have a Silver/Grey Perf Pkg with Nav and it has heated seats But I couldn't get the Wood wheel/shifter.
As far as I know my dealer said it's still only available in the 3 colors you've indicated.
Old 06-06-03, 09:09 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bobbaxter
The Breakwater Blue is a gorgeous car. I saw one parked in midtown Manhattan the other day and there was a small group of people around it. One of the only sunny days here in the last 40. The color really shows off the new body style. What is the timing on your special order? When did you put the order in and how long will you need to wait? Why grey versus ivory inside? Bob
Order went in to Lexus on April 19th. The dealer quoted a 90-120 day wait. A few days ago he confirmed what they had said earlier, that it will be a June build, which means a July delivery date.

As far as the interior color is concerned, I guess it's because my wife just liked it better. We saw this same combination at the local Auto Show back in Feb and she thought that these two colors go real well together. Maybe because both are "cool" as opposed to the Ivory which is a "warm" color that would go better with the beiges, the dark green or even the black (for some). The light gray or the black interior would seem to go better with the blues, the mica grey or the black. Of course this is all subjective and personal taste, so everyone will have their favorites. I guess another consideration is that the Ivory is in many Lexus models including tons of RX300's right now, whereas the grey is a new color that is somewhat unique. Both are more difficult to keep clean, but in our case we have just one 12 year-old, and she's pretty good about not kicking the seats, etc. We will use deep-channeled rubber mats all year around (as I am doing on my FX45 right now), and these at least help protect the carpet. The leather meanwhile will receive regular doses of Lexol cleaner and conditioner - if you stay on top of it you can prevent getting that built-in dirt smudgy look, which looks terrible on light leather IMO.