RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Purchase Japan made Headlight assembly w/o AFS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-16, 09:20 PM
BubbaJeffy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase Japan made Headlight assembly w/o AFS?

So I'm wondering if someone could help me out with some advice in replacing a headlight assembly. I have a 2005 RX330 with HID and AFS (Japan made). I just need to replace the headlight assembly as the AFS is in working condition. I've looked all over the place online for a headlight assembly and almost all say w/o AFS. The ones that do say "with AFS" actually are selling the assembly with an AFS attached. So my question is if I purchase the Japan made HID assembly w/o AFS does that mean it just doesn't come with the AFS system (which is what I would like) or does that mean a AFS isn't compatible with that headlight assembly? I would rather not have to purchase a headlight with the AFS as I already have one (and the price bumps up significantly). Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks
Old 10-09-16, 06:44 AM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Safest bet is to order by part number. This thread explains the three different headlight types:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post8969899
Old 11-12-16, 01:10 AM
Jgmonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaJeffy
So I'm wondering if someone could help me out with some advice in replacing a headlight assembly. I have a 2005 RX330 with HID and AFS (Japan made). I just need to replace the headlight assembly as the AFS is in working condition. I've looked all over the place online for a headlight assembly and almost all say w/o AFS. The ones that do say "with AFS" actually are selling the assembly with an AFS attached. So my question is if I purchase the Japan made HID assembly w/o AFS does that mean it just doesn't come with the AFS system (which is what I would like) or does that mean a AFS isn't compatible with that headlight assembly? I would rather not have to purchase a headlight with the AFS as I already have one (and the price bumps up significantly). Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks

I did it on my 2nd Gen rx the only thing that's different is the headlight housings that are with afs has a motor that turns the projector as you turn left and right. you could buy housings that are without afs and not plug it in and it would work it jus will not turn and you would have the afs light on, on your dash