RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How long did you wait for your new dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 09:54 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the OP. After a year and 7 months, my RX is finally at the dealership getting the new dashboard. I didn't think it would ever happen. Now, my dilemma is, do I sell my RX? It has been such a good car to me and I thought I would have it for many more years to come. A year ago, we bought the LX, so we could have use of the third row when people are visiting. There are things I like about the LX and there are things I don't like. Honestly, I think I'd rather drive my RX than the LX. Anyway, I hope ya'll hear from your dealership soon for your dashboard.
Old 02-15-17, 01:49 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
I'm the OP. After a year and 7 months, my RX is finally at the dealership getting the new dashboard. I didn't think it would ever happen. Now, my dilemma is, do I sell my RX? It has been such a good car to me and I thought I would have it for many more years to come. A year ago, we bought the LX, so we could have use of the third row when people are visiting. There are things I like about the LX and there are things I don't like. Honestly, I think I'd rather drive my RX than the LX. Anyway, I hope ya'll hear from your dealership soon for your dashboard.
LXs are nice but they drink the gas like no bodys business so I would definitely keep the RX
Old 02-16-17, 03:30 PM
Ling2IS
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had mine replaced last October. I don't remember exactly how long my wait was, but it was probably a good year.
Old 02-16-17, 03:54 PM
willdogg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

About 4 months. I received the letter from Lexus in July of last year (2016), had it done the first week of December. My RX330 is a 2004 with 210K miles.
Old 02-19-17, 03:47 AM
drgerry
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

2007 RX350; 165K

Guess what . . . . . our dash is just now starting to crack! Only a little, but during the research I found that the dash warranty expires May 31, 2017. Wow, did that cut it close!!
Anyway, I just now sent an email to our dealer about it.

Did anyone get any push-back from their dealer about having this covered?
Old 02-19-17, 10:28 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by drgerry
2007 RX350; 165K

Guess what . . . . . our dash is just now starting to crack! Only a little, but during the research I found that the dash warranty expires May 31, 2017. Wow, did that cut it close!!
Anyway, I just now sent an email to our dealer about it.

Did anyone get any push-back from their dealer about having this covered?
Dealers are charging Lexus USA for this so they are fine with it, if I would be you I'll send pictures to another dealer in your city cas I have read many ppl were told they are not on the list after waiting for over an year.
Old 02-20-17, 06:47 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Still waiting, been about 1 1/2 years so far....Unless Lexus speeds up the replacement rate, at 20-30 a month, mine should get replaced by the end of 2018.
Old 02-27-17, 03:12 PM
sel1005
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you say RUN-AROUND?

Been waiting some 3 years now, dealer claims 2 year backlog. They also claim we never asked about a dash until a year ago. LOTS of BS, even took it to the dealer for pics and they they claimed we were never there! Called back to National, who told me a big shipment of dashes were on a freighter coming to the US. I asked why the dealer did not know about that, and the guy said they don't tell dealers things like that. Buy a Lexus at your own risk, after owning many, they have ZERO respect for any of their customers
Old 03-02-17, 09:20 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I did my monthly check yesterday and was advised they had received a large shipment of dashboards in and how soon could I get there? Long story short, by yesterday afternoon I had a new dash!
Old 03-02-17, 03:18 PM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Got a call today. Scheduled for next week. Ironically the dash was perfect when warranty was announced and I got on the waiting list. Now it is full of cracks.
Old 03-03-17, 03:51 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I noticed mine is starting to lift up at the defroster vent in the middle. I hope I get a call sooner than later.
Old 03-03-17, 06:07 AM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
Personally, I'd keep the RX. We have a Sequoia Limited and it is very nice but, at least to me, too big and too poor on gas to be a daily driver. The RX is the perfect mix between car and truck for everyday driving.
Old 03-10-17, 05:30 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Dash was installed yesterday. Dropped off at 8:30 and was ready by 12:30. No loner is provide by Lexus because it does not take that long. My interior is black and the new dash is ever so so lighter than the rest of the car. Eventually I may try some low gloss armor all and see if that evens things up. The glove box is blacker and glossier than the lighter duller dash. My wife is driving it today and I am curious if she will notice the color difference. .
Old 03-11-17, 03:30 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm wondering if maybe Lexus has added something to the finish to help preserve the replacement dash pads, or if they're the same as before, and we'll experience this all over again down the road. If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's the latter. It's like the headlight replacements - some have started leaking again. It's instant gratification, just enough to quiet us down, believing Lexus actually fixed the underlying failure points. I have doubts that anything was actually "fixed" for the replacements.
Old 03-26-17, 03:59 PM
Mesquite77
Advanced

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts

In Houston, RX350 2008, 2 years on the waitlist at West Houston Lexus after inspection, parts ordered. Two years later they called, gave me until end of day to sch appt, and end of week to do it or they would put me at back of line. Well, glad they called, and they did the work, nice. They kept me on the list and informed for 2 years, good job West Side. But after I waited 2 years, they gave me a week to bring car in? The car was 150 miles away at college, had to go get it, return it, etc. Poor customer experience all around (Lexus's definition of "diligently" making parts the biggest problem seems like), not what I expect from Lexus, but they did it, eventually, frustratingly poorly.

Last edited by Mesquite77; 03-27-17 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your new dashboard?