RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 with new shoes . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 10:15 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking RX330 with new shoes . . .

so one-month later, here are the results. i exchanged my 18" wheels yesterday at the dealer.

what do you all think?

i wish i had better before and after pictures in the same light and same spot, but i didn't think about it beforehand. but here's the pic of the car when i picked it up the first day (btw - i had the 18" standard alloys, not graphite polished):

Last edited by lexuslover; 04-29-03 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-29-03, 11:06 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RX330 with new shoes . . .

Originally posted by lexuslover
so one-month later, here are the results. i exchanged my 18" wheels yesterday at the dealer.

what do you all think?
I've never been a big fan of chrome, but your wheels look very nice. Go real nice with the silver. Tastefully done...

John
Old 04-29-03, 03:13 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice.
Old 04-29-03, 08:50 PM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

Default nice

I have never been a big fan either, but the wife really wanted them.......and since I'm such a people pleaser well, I guess were getting them as well. Anyone have a black RX with them on?

My biggest worry......CHIPS in the chrome or pits.....yikes!!! Anyone ever owned chrome wheels before......and if so how'd it go?

Very Nice LexusLover!!!
Old 04-29-03, 09:18 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: nice

Those look GOOD!!! I would go 20s if i got the new one.
Also chrome doesnt chip easily, especially they are from LEXUS. I had a cadillac STS with chromes from the factory and thru the worst winters of michigan, it held very well. Still shiny as hell after 3 years. Now, the only chrome i would get now are from Lowenhart. Factory or single piece chrome wheels just look funny to me.

Originally posted by Jedi
My biggest worry......CHIPS in the chrome or pits.....yikes!!! Anyone ever owned chrome wheels before......and if so how'd it go?
Very Nice LexusLover!!!
Old 04-30-03, 08:00 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

very nice i like it alot. im a big fan of chrome. by the way does anyone know if the new rx330 18rims will fit on the 300 model
Old 04-30-03, 08:42 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Your RX

Hey DJ Sprinkles,

Do you have any pics of your RX? Your signature sounds really nice....would like to see it..

Regards,

Sheldon
Old 04-30-03, 08:45 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RX330 with new shoes . . .

Hey LexusLover,

Your Lexus RX really looks nice! I'm also not a big fan of Chrome, I prefer a machined finish wheel, but your wheels looks nice with the Silver color. Great job!

Regards,

Sheldon.
Old 04-30-03, 02:15 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Old 04-30-03, 06:37 PM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

OMG!!!! YOU'VE GOT A DISCO AND MOVIE THEATER IN THERE!!!!!

Originally posted by DJ SprinklesNJO

Last edited by Jedi; 05-01-03 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-30-03, 07:56 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

thanks, well ill take it as a compliment, ive got a ton of blue neons in there, but all done tasteful, and they can also flash to the beat of the music. plus some strobes and two lazers in the truck. so yea id say its like a club, but i dont leave them on when i drive, its just to show people who ask. so i hope it doesnt seem ricey.
Old 05-01-03, 12:06 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The new 18" rims look nice. I have one questioon for anyone who can answer it. How does the low tire pressure warning work? Is it the same like the ones at Tire Rack where the sensor is strapped to the inner rim before the tire is put on and transmits the data to via RF? Also, since lexuslover changed rims, did they simply swapped the low tire pressure sensors to the new rims or did they provide new ones alread on the 18' and somehow reprobram the trasmitted signal? Last question is if the sensors can be transfered to aftermarket rims, and if not, would the low pressure sensor on the dash be triggured and stay lit if it is not getting a signal? Thanks.
Old 05-01-03, 10:13 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CK6 - that is a really good question! i did not think about any of that . . . my new chrome rims are lexus factory 18's dipped in chrome. since they are the same wheels (with a new shiny finish ), the low pressure sensors should still be in tact and functioning properly . . .

i did the core exchange at the dealer as part of my purchase. i got a Due Bill at delivery for the wheels, and they sent the first dealer demo RX330's factory 18's to get dipped in chrome. it took about 4 weeks total for them to get the first set, but now the dealer has mine "in stock" to be sent out for dipping right away, so the wait for the next customer should not be as long.

that's all i know about this stuff. hopefully i don't find out the hard way that the tire pressure sensor is not working!
Old 05-01-03, 12:23 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by lexuslover
that's all i know about this stuff. hopefully i don't find out the hard way that the tire pressure sensor is not working!
I'm sure yours is just fine since you went through the dealer. I was just wondering because so far we don't have the 18" rim option and my only course of action if I wanted them is to buy them from the mainland or buy them from another owner who wants to sell their. I'm sure all the questions will be answered when this car has been out for a little longer. Thanks.

Chris
Old 05-02-03, 12:02 PM
cbest1465
Driver School Candidate

Lexuslover, they are chromed - right?

When you have the performace package, they are graphite polished ?? What's the difference, between the 2 - or is there one? I am interested in the 330 with performance package.

About the tire pressure indicator - where does the info show up if there is low pressure, etc ?

BTW - the shoes look awesome. I had chrome wheels (factory) on my Trans AM - always came back to a shine after being cleaned.

Quick Reply: RX330 with new shoes . . .