RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Best way to remove engine, please

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-16, 09:17 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone knows o a company that makes special bearings? In case I decide to go with 030 undersize journals.
Old 04-14-16, 09:17 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliaquim
I am still hope to salvage it, yes. Everything is already out of the block. I checked and there is no warpage or cracks. I'm now looking for used 2005 - 2006 Toyota Camry block. The crankshaft and the rods are the same, as per ******* dot com. Rockauto says the crank from the highlander is the same, and even the long block. ******* does not list the highlander. What do you think. These are the best options I could have here.

Now, I could sell it for ship to a mechanic and get a 2009 RX350 with 70,000 miles. Everything seems to be ok, but the colour, man. I hate wine colored cars. Right now that's the only option that would keep me running a car I came to know so well.
the blocks to my knowledge are the same but the external accessories are different. If you get a remanufactured block or used block from the US you have to figure in your freight costs if you want to send in your core deposit.
The rockauto catalog has a bunch of anomalies, but you can make informed conclusions from online toyota parts catalogs and lexus catalogs and compare some part numbers and block families for cross reference.

Check out car-part.com for some used blocks, some of the salvage yards are quite reasonable and may be able to work out international shipping. For another source of remanufactured engines, i've met some people that have been happy working with http://www.jasperengines.com/ Compare with your regional offerings.
Old 04-14-16, 11:26 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
the blocks to my knowledge are the same but the external accessories are different. If you get a remanufactured block or used block from the US you have to figure in your freight costs if you want to send in your core deposit.
The rockauto catalog has a bunch of anomalies, but you can make informed conclusions from online toyota parts catalogs and lexus catalogs and compare some part numbers and block families for cross reference.

Check out car-part.com for some used blocks, some of the salvage yards are quite reasonable and may be able to work out international shipping. For another source of remanufactured engines, i've met some people that have been happy working with http://www.jasperengines.com/ Compare with your regional offerings.
No, I wasn't thinking about import a block from the USA. Too expensive to ship, too expensive to convert our currency to USD these last months. I was looking at the websites just to check for the information on what is compatible.

I found a crankshaft on ebay which they say needs polishing for 250 USD. I asked them to send me the measurements. Still waiting for an answer. I also sent a request for quote on a crank at car-part.com.

Thank you!
Old 05-14-16, 09:56 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Ok, I just received a crankshaft I bought from eBay. The seller turned out to be Record Crankshaft, which I tried to avoid after seeing to many bad reviews online. They have different name on eBay with very friendly customer service. But the crank is here already. They said it was a remanufactured crank, but when I saw it I became suspicious and check deeper online. Turns out, day sell cranks built in China. What do you think is better? OEM remanufactured or Chinese? At this moment I don't have many options, but it pays to be informed. I torqued the crank and it turns very smoothly.

I made the mistake of buying the crank and bearings as a set. Well, they sent me ACL branded main bearings that are actually made by TDC in China. First set of numbers and with A. These are said to be bad for performance applications but maybe ok for stock engines because they scratch easily. Anyone has had experience with these? The rod bearings are ITM, which they also say is Chinese knock off. Please advise me on what my best options are now.
Like I said, restrictions make it difficult and 5 times more expensive to import parts, but I want the best inside the engine.

Also, I just checked the valve Springs and they are almost all in the range of 44.10 mm and 44.92 mm. The manual says 45.50 is standard. Should I replace them?
Old 07-09-16, 04:16 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Hello! I apologyze for not following up on this thread. All was going well untill someone cut my engine wire harness in half.
Old 07-20-16, 07:50 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Reading your posts makes me want to cry.