RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Any way to get a CD out w/o power?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-16, 02:54 PM
BensonRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to get a CD out w/o power?

The RX is going to be totaled. We stopped by to clean it out, but can't get a CD out. This is a CD that my daughter has had since her freshman year when her swim team won states -- it's her "motivational mix" so, it's somewhat special to her.

Anyway, I first tried to get it out the day after the accident, but there was no power to the center stack. When I went back this last time, there was no power anywhere. Short of destroying the head unit, is there any way to get it out easily?
Old 03-09-16, 06:14 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

If you can't check fuses etc at the salvage yard then your best bet may be to pull the radio and take it with you before they dispose of the car. Then you either need to destroy the radio or splice 12v to it at home to get the disc to eject.
Old 03-09-16, 06:41 PM
BensonRX
Driver School Candidate

How hard is it to remove the radio? Special tools required?
Old 03-09-16, 07:49 PM
mattd
Driver School Candidate

No special tools. This video, showing how to install a bluetooth adapter, does a good job of detailing how to take out the stereo. Looks pretty easy.

Old 03-09-16, 08:58 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's another one. Easier than you'd think. I did it to install a USB input.

Old 03-09-16, 09:39 PM
bostonjoe
Driver School Candidate

Default Had a CD stuck in my 5 disc changer on 02ES thought I'd have to pull everything out..

[/I][/
Originally Posted by BensonRX
The RX is going to be totaled. We stopped by to clean it out, but can't get a CD out. This is a CD that my daughter has had since her freshman year when her swim team won states -- it's her "motivational mix" so, it's somewhat special to her.

Anyway, I first tried to get it out the day after the accident, but there was no power to the center stack. When I went back this last time, there was no power anywhere. Short of destroying the head unit, is there any way to get it out easily?
Get some long , thin tweezers or needle nose pliers and if you can open the dust cleaning openind " right where you slide the CD's in, " and you are able to see the edge of the CD , then ease the long tweezers , or in my case some long needle nose pliers in between the dust cleaner , grab the edge of CD and pull it straight out , if it's a 5or6 changer the'll rearranged themselves when you get some power going...worked for me !