RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 Lost ALL Windows control after replacing front doors speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 03:40 PM
jrksea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX330 Lost ALL Windows control after replacing front doors speakers

I recently replaced my front door speakers in my 2005 RX330. Upon reassembling everything I had the following issues:

1) The front Passenger side window and rear seat windows would not roll down from the driver's side controls.
This issue was resolved by going to each individual window control and rolling the window down halfway and then rolling them all the way up and continuing to press on the window control in the "Up" position for an additional 5 seconds or so.

2) My original Lexus key (non-remote) would work for staring the car, but it would no longer work to unlock the doors by inserting it into the Driver's side door lock and moving the key toward the front of the car.

3) In attempting to resolve issue #2, I disconnected the Car battery for a couple of hours and reconnected it, which leads me to my big problem(s). Now none of my windows will roll down from ANY window control (including the front door driver's window). In addition, the doors can only be locked/unlocked from the Lexus Key Remote or from the front Passenger door lock control.

I have checked all fuses that I could get to (under the hood and under the drivers side dash panel) but I still cannot get the windows or door locks to function normally. I could not get to one big blue fuse under the dash panel right next to the fusebox that I believe is related to the power windows. I am not sure if it also fuses the sunroof, which DOES function. I pulled the Negative Battery cable off a second time and did another reset but to no avail.

Does anyone have any additional ideas or is it time to bite the bullet and take this to the Lexus Dealer for a big $$$$ repair?
Old 02-18-16, 08:10 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would pull the driver door pannel off and check all the electrical connections.
Old 02-19-16, 11:25 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It sounds like a harness was missed when everything was reassembled. Do what NVAKeith said.
Old 03-13-16, 07:00 AM
wz4rfv
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Need to re-teach the windows

All you need to do here is turn the ignition on, then go to each door in turn and run the window all the way down then all the way up again. That re-teaches the driver's door module how to talk to the other windows to get them to operate.

Don't you just LOVE modern technology?

Bob
Old 03-14-16, 08:07 AM
hansenjgh
Driver School Candidate

WOW Bob! Thanks. I just joined this forum because I bought a 2006 Rx330. Oddly, the driver's door controls wouldn't work the passenger front or driver rear windows. After following your intricate instructions they are all perfect now. Love these forums. This is my first Lexus, so I am looking forward to using Club Lexus!

John
Old 03-15-16, 12:37 PM
bigboss
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hansenjgh
WOW Bob! Thanks. I just joined this forum because I bought a 2006 Rx330. Oddly, the driver's door controls wouldn't work the passenger front or driver rear windows. After following your intricate instructions they are all perfect now. Love these forums. This is my first Lexus, so I am looking forward to using Club Lexus!

John
not sure if 330 has power lift door but if you have one, don't forget about it. you need to re-learn it too.
Old 07-02-16, 09:00 AM
Dainius86
Driver School Candidate

jrksea said non buttons working at all so how you can reset?
Old 07-02-16, 09:02 AM
Dainius86
Driver School Candidate

jrksea did you fix your windows?
I got same problem.
Old 07-05-16, 04:45 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

DIsconnect the battery and read your manual on re-setting. Good luck.
Old 07-05-16, 09:07 AM
Dainius86
Driver School Candidate

I read my owner manual 2 time. Nothing about re setings. Can you just write procedure how to do it please?
Thanks
Old 09-03-16, 02:49 AM
lexcambodg
Driver School Candidate

Default RX330 Lost ALL Windows control

Have just reconnected battery after a 3 month lay up. Initially had no moon roof control, or only intermittent opening and closing. That seems sorted now. Widows remain a problem. Driver's window works normally but others do not, either from driver's control or from individual windows. Suggested solutions seem to involve disconnecting the battery again - is there any point given long lay up? Grateful for any suggestions.
Old 09-05-16, 08:46 AM
monkeyRX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexcambodg
Have just reconnected battery after a 3 month lay up. Initially had no moon roof control, or only intermittent opening and closing. That seems sorted now. Widows remain a problem. Driver's window works normally but others do not, either from driver's control or from individual windows. Suggested solutions seem to involve disconnecting the battery again - is there any point given long lay up? Grateful for any suggestions.
The window lock button isn't on, is it? That would be the easiest fix...
Old 11-07-16, 08:10 AM
Pepp
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know if issue is resolved just came upon this post. You have to reteach your windows. Go to each individual window, roll down half way, go up about an inch or so and then go down all the way. That will reset your main driver side panel to operate all of them
Old 06-27-20, 12:43 PM
Hcazares
Driver School Candidate

Angry All

All - I’m new to this forum so apologies if my issue has been resolved earlier. I changed out the battery, power cycled the moon roof (works great), power cycled the windows - individually - but still only the driver window is controlled by the master panel. Disconnected the battery, 15 min later reconnected, you power cycled everything again. Still unable to open windows via the master panel. Is there set I might be missing?
Old 06-27-20, 01:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Hcazares
All - I’m new to this forum so apologies if my issue has been resolved earlier. I changed out the battery, power cycled the moon roof (works great), power cycled the windows - individually - but still only the driver window is controlled by the master panel. Disconnected the battery, 15 min later reconnected, you power cycled everything again. Still unable to open windows via the master panel. Is there set I might be missing?
This is from the 2IS FAQ but may be worth a read https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...isconnect.html

Quick Reply: RX330 Lost ALL Windows control after replacing front doors speakers