RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Auto Tilt Away Feature Not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 02:41 PM
kooftness
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Tilt Away Feature Not working

Hey Guys,

I'll make this as short as I can, When i first bought my car the auto tilt feature worked like it was supposed to (i.e. remove/insert key or hit a memory button). I started to hear a knocking sound coming from the steering when i would turn it in one direction, I took it to the dealer and they said the steering column needs to be replaced. I have an extended warrenty and I went a head and replaced the column. Ever since then the auto tilt feature has not worked, but I can still tilt and telescope the steering wheel from the control on the side. I was out of the state on business for like 5 months and when I came back I decided to take it back in to see what was wrong. They said it will be 3 hours of labor to fix wiring issues to the column? so they want to charge me for their mistake!!!!

I have techstream and when I look at that ECU there is no customizable features! It has an asterisk and says ECU not supported or detected. Any ideas on where I can start to trace wiring to see if something was not connected or loose??
Old 01-29-16, 07:16 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure if this helps but I was able to turn this feature off with my Techstream.
Old 01-29-16, 08:52 AM
kooftness
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smassey321
Not sure if this helps but I was able to turn this feature off with my Techstream.
if you look at the last sentence in my OP I stated that when I go into techstream and look at "tilt & telescope" has an asterisk and when i go to customize there are no options.
Old 02-12-16, 04:20 PM
kooftness
Driver School Candidate

Bump!! No help???
Old 02-14-16, 08:48 PM
VNTR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its most likely a default reset of many functions as you disconnect the battery.

There is a thread on here listing all the steps you have to do to reset your functions. Lots of odd things included, such as calibrating the moonroof close position.

They require a series of steps including turning key, opening door, etc etc...nothing to do with techstream or needing to hook it up or extensive work. All simple solutions but I also think it is in the manual.

I have the steering issue you have but havent replaced it yet but tilt function works fine.

Hope that is it and not an electrical issue. Often times they forget a harness or it isn't pushed all the way. You can easily pull the knee panel/steering enclosure to check for harnesses.
Old 02-14-16, 10:05 PM
kooftness
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VNTR
its most likely a default reset of many functions as you disconnect the battery.

There is a thread on here listing all the steps you have to do to reset your functions. Lots of odd things included, such as calibrating the moonroof close position.

They require a series of steps including turning key, opening door, etc etc...nothing to do with techstream or needing to hook it up or extensive work. All simple solutions but I also think it is in the manual.

I have the steering issue you have but havent replaced it yet but tilt function works fine.

Hope that is it and not an electrical issue. Often times they forget a harness or it isn't pushed all the way. You can easily pull the knee panel/steering enclosure to check for harnesses.
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find the thread for the reset. Would you be able to post sole pics of the location of panels for the harness?
Old 02-14-16, 11:00 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Bring it back to the dealer, they might need to reprogram it.
Old 02-15-16, 07:07 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

If the dealership is not forthcoming with the repair, document this issue and contact Lexus Corporate for assistance.

Lexus wants their owners to be 100% satisfied and this appears to be an issue caused by their work. I suspect Corporate will persuade your local dealership to do the right thing.