RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Semi-Urgent Flint Request

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 01:27 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Semi-Urgent Flint Request

I have a chance to take delivery on a black/black 330 soon but I will hold out a little longer if I find that I like my #1 choice better which would be Flint Mica.

Does anyone have a picture or a link with a picture that is LARGER than my thumbnail of a Flint Mica???

TIA!
Old 04-04-03, 02:06 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Default Re: Semi-Urgent Flint Request

Originally posted by cfisher
Does anyone have a picture or a link with a picture that is LARGER than my thumbnail of a Flint Mica???
TIA!
Beg Yeowww to take a picture. Jennifer also wants to see same same color. He said he's going to try to post one soon.

John
Old 04-04-03, 02:38 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

http://www.webcg.net/WEBCG/impressions/000013000.html
Old 04-04-03, 03:04 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the great pics that longstanding member, spintewws snapped
at the luxury redefined event...Especially the pic titled, "Such Nice Cars".

Follow the link in this thread...there's several flint mica pics.

I hope you have broadband.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=79063
Old 04-04-03, 04:36 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just a quick note . . .

I've been told and have been hearing that flint mica has hints of green and blue metallic, which sparkle green and blue at certain angles in the sun.

But, I saw a flint for myself at a local dealership, and it definitely looks really sharp sitting there - much like the graphite grey of the Coach edition RX300 from last year. Very, very nice!!

I haven't seen the sparkling greens or blues from various angles, but that was one of the things that turned me off to the color early on. (It was also my #1 choice, but I wanted it with ivory interior, which they don't come paired with.) I remember those old baby blue Fords that used to sparkle blue to violet as they drove by, and I thought that was very weird . . .

So in the end I opted for my safety - silver w/ black!!

Last edited by lexuslover; 04-04-03 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-05-03, 12:23 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

The 330 I test drove was the Flint Mica color. From far away, it looks like a dark gray. Up close in the sun, I was in shock! The metallics are turquoise, royal blue, emerald green and if I'm not mistaken, a little bit of pinkish/red. The is a damn COOL color! (too dark for me, though)
Old 04-05-03, 12:29 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by msilverIS
The 330 I test drove was the Flint Mica color. From far away, it looks like a dark gray. Up close in the sun, I was in shock! The metallics are turquoise, royal blue, emerald green and if I'm not mistaken, a little bit of pinkish/red. The is a damn COOL color! (too dark for me, though)
Well, not only must it be damn COOL - but it also must be damn RARE. At least in Chicago b/c I can't seem to find anyone that's got one to look at.

Right now though I'm pretty secure about sticking with Black Onyx even though it isn't a "metallic" - or "Pearl" or "Mica". Of course if they found a "loaded" Flint sooner...
Old 04-09-03, 12:08 PM
Jennifer
Driver School Candidate

would LOVE to see some "real" photos of the flint!!!! Please, please, please and thank you!
Old 04-10-03, 05:17 PM
stevech
Driver School Candidate

Default Flint Mica

Well we ordered our RX330 and went with the traditioanl Silver with Grey. However my wife and I decided to take a little more time in choosing the color, because this is a $70,000 Car (Canadian + Tax). We went to the dealer and in the garage were two Flint Micas. Beautiful, shinny and different. Switched our choice and are waiting for a delivery in May.
Anyhow my reasons for Flint Mica - Great color and different, and there were too many Silver MDX on the road and I didn't want to get confused with an MDX.
My wife's reason for Flint Mica - Liked black and some blue, but didn't like Grey. Flint Mica was the perfect fit.
Old 04-28-03, 11:09 PM
flint330
Rookie

I picked up my new Flint Mica 330 on April 10th and just love it. My previous car was a Acura TL in White Diamond Pearl, so originally I was going with a light color (silver). However, when I went in to test drive the car I saw a Flint Mica 330 on the lot and just fell in love with the color. I just love the way it looks in the sun! I haven't taken a picture yet, but plan to soon.
Old 04-30-03, 09:22 PM
eyebike
Driver

Got an RX330 in Flint Mica too with grey interior. Ordered the car back in October, sight unseen. Flint was not my original color choice, but when you want Perf/Nav, only choices were silver, black or flint.

But when I saw the RX, I am really glad I got the flint. The paint is very interesting, because of the mica finish. The paint has small crystal like flecks in it that really sparkle in the sunlight. Very noticeable as you get close to the car. From a distance, the car seems almost black depending on how the sun is hitting the car. But as you get closer (several feet away), that's when it really shines and sparkles. Then from about a foot and closer, the paint seems to have depth to it. Almost like looking into a star field (as in like Star Trek) if you really focus and stare at the car surface. Also, the flecks, which are very small, are green and pinkish and white really close. That's what probably gives it the feeling of depth.

So, go and check out the two mica paints at Lexus and see what you think.

Last edited by eyebike; 04-30-03 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-30-03, 09:46 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

eyebike -- Do you have any pictures to post? I'm waiting for my Flint one to arrive. It gets to the port on Friday and I should have it a week later!
Old 05-03-03, 09:46 PM
eyebike
Driver

Hope to borrow somebody's digital camera soon. Will post when available.