RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 02:51 PM
RX3302004
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lrh512
Hi RX3302004 - Do you mind sharing which dealership fixed your dashboard? My service agent (Tampa Bay) is saying that he's not heard of any dealership getting the RX dashboards in. My dealer has no list in place, so I have to keep calling about availability. Thanks!
Brumos Lexus in Jacksonville, FL. They told me they had "dashes" in ready to install so I doubt I'm the only person who got one. Good luck!
Old 09-17-15, 12:03 PM
JefferyISC
Driver School Candidate

Default Dash replacement status

Originally Posted by RX3302004
Brumos Lexus in Jacksonville, FL. They told me they had "dashes" in ready to install so I doubt I'm the only person who got one. Good luck!
I'm surprised your dealer in Jax says they have them. Im in Ft Lauderdale so I called JM Lexus (Margate) 8/6 and 9/9 and was told they were still finishing up the ES replacements and had not yet rec'd RX dashes. Was told to check back in Oct on the status. I think I as told it would be slow process. However they did say they would inspect and replace as part of the same visit. I have cracks covering entire dash of 07rx350. I think the post stating essentially now thru Feb 2016 is a fair estimate for replacement. Any else in Florida actually had one replaced this Summer/Fall?
Old 09-18-15, 10:12 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My RX is at at the dealership getting the passenger side HL replaced under the warranty enhancement program. Last week it rained for couple of days, the next morning the passenger's side HL had plenty of moisture inside it.

While the vehicle is there I asked about the dashboard, I have quite a few cracks and my local Lexus dealership has agreed to replace it under the warranty enhancement program. I was just told that starting next month they are going to start receiving couple of dashboards a day, as such, at that rate they are going to start calling people in the service line for dashboard replacements.
Old 09-19-15, 09:38 AM
JefferyISC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robbyk
My RX is at at the dealership getting the passenger side HL replaced under the warranty enhancement program. Last week it rained for couple of days, the next morning the passenger's side HL had plenty of moisture inside it.

While the vehicle is there I asked about the dashboard, I have quite a few cracks and my local Lexus dealership has agreed to replace it under the warranty enhancement program. I was just told that starting next month they are going to start receiving couple of dashboards a day, as such, at that rate they are going to start calling people in the service line for dashboard replacements.
I'm glad the process is starting soon. I'm sure each dealer will have 100s to replace. Which dealer are you using?

Last edited by JefferyISC; 09-19-15 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 09-20-15, 03:23 PM
BGinLA
Rookie

Hi guys, anyone recommend a solid LEXUS dealership in the Westside of LA? By solid, I mean knowledgeable tenured mechanics who know 2nd gen RXs
Old 09-21-15, 11:44 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JefferyISC
I'm glad the process is starting soon. I'm sure each dealer will have 100s to replace. Which dealer are you using?
I go to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys.
Old 09-21-15, 11:47 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BGinLA
Hi guys, anyone recommend a solid LEXUS dealership in the Westside of LA? By solid, I mean knowledgeable tenured mechanics who know 2nd gen RXs
I do not know how convenient is Van Nuys, but I go to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, I own a second gen Rx. These guys know everything about second gen RX.
Old 09-21-15, 12:30 PM
BGinLA
Rookie

Thanks guys Van nuys is only 15 miles. Will check it out. Have an RX 330 with Panoramic roof and SAnta monica LEXUS service manager was like "hey is that roof aftermarket?" Didn't inspire confidence although a rarity. Maybe being too judgement all?
Old 09-24-15, 06:43 AM
lrh512
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus says second letters for RX330s started being mailed at the end of July

I just spoke with Lexus customer service. Has anyone received the second letter saying that dashboards are now available for the RX330? I was told that those letters started being mailed at the end of July, and letters would be sent out over a 6 month period.

At first, the agent said that receipt of the letter was a precondition to having the repair done, and a dealer would not do the repair without seeing the letter from the customer. Later, he backed off from that statement and acknowledged that the dealerships are independently owned and operated, and Lexus knows that each dealership is handling the dashboard repair in a different manner. His tune changed to "I don't know why a dealership would replace dashboards for customers without letters because then customers with letters will have to wait."
Old 10-20-15, 07:39 PM
lrh512
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jer
I also use the Tampa location. I received my 1st letter months ago and last month was advised by the local dealer they have replaced several and to wait for my 2nd letter from Lexus and at that time I should be able to schedule my replacement.
Hello. Just wanted you to know that I got my second letter, called the Tampa Bay dealership and was told the second letter is irrelevant. I was previously told there is no list and I should wait for the second letter.

Tampa Bay now says they have a list and "I am on it." When pressed, my service agent said I am around 800 out of 1500 people on the list -- which for inexplicable reasons includes all models covered under the warranty extension.

Spoke to the service manager who confirmed the number. She could not come up with a coherant response concerning how the list was put together but tried after many attempts to say it was compiled in the order that people made inquiries. That's not in the least bit believable as I have an early and long history of inquiring about this issue, and my service agent told me today that he was told originally that he should not make a list.

So, Tampa Bay has created a huge mess of things and now has an extremely unhappy customer on their hands. I wanted to give you the head's up, and I would be interested to hear if you are told a similar story.
Old 10-22-15, 06:37 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my 2004 RX330 Dashboard & two new Headlights replaced at Putnam Lexus!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/putnam-lexus-redwood-city-2

Ask for Rick David! He is the man! Got rental car too! All paid for by Lexus!
Old 10-23-15, 10:45 AM
1ito
Driver School Candidate

Ordered mine yesterday came in today!!!

Old 11-02-15, 03:43 PM
BensonRX
Driver School Candidate

I'm also in JAX. I spoke with the Service Manager yesterday at Lexus of Jacksonville to get an update. He told me that I am #177 out of 600+ and they are on ~#40. They just had their allotment bumped from 2 to 3 per week for the RX. That means I'm about 10 months away and the line is 4 years long. This is very disappointing as I'm sure most current owners will not get any benefit out of this. My daughter will have her RX off to college by the time our dash comes in.
Old 11-15-15, 09:34 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I am also on the list in Tampa. I was told when I first got my letter there wasn't a list but back in Sept I called and was told that now there was. They cannot give me an ETA as to when the dash will come in. Maybe if I keep calling...
Old 11-28-15, 09:34 AM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Just got my brand new dash at Fremont Lexus !

Damn , the parts and labor were over $1700

I am really glad Lexus step up and are getting the dashes
Replaced . Other than the dash defect, I have nothing but
good experience with my RX 330

Happy motoring

Quick Reply: Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!