RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 05:31 AM
atlantatan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash board cracks

My dash cracks are starting to appear by the windshield will Lexus replace them?
Attached Thumbnails Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!-img_0540-1-.jpg  
Old 02-16-15, 05:44 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by atlantatan
My dash cracks are starting to appear by the windshield will Lexus replace them?
I wouldn't even ask them if the dash is covered just show them the cracks and mention the warranty extension regarding cracks on the windshield.
Old 03-09-15, 01:49 PM
Malard
Driver School Candidate

I received my letter concerning this problem on my LS460 2007 model
Old 03-09-15, 09:35 PM
RuninRoach
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

for those of us that don't get the letter, does anyone have the specifics of the recall id and full copy of letter from lexus?
Old 03-09-15, 10:24 PM
kdm
Pole Position

When is Lexus going to be ready! I've been waiting for so long. Cracked areas and a big hole for well over a year now...
Old 03-09-15, 11:19 PM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RuninRoach
for those of us that don't get the letter, does anyone have the specifics of the recall id and full copy of letter from lexus?
See post #26 earlier in this thread. Somebody posted the recall notice there.
Old 03-09-15, 11:40 PM
RuninRoach
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by litzdog911
See post #26 earlier in this thread. Somebody posted the recall notice there.
its general text....no reference to a recall ID or any lexus reference number...
Old 03-11-15, 12:50 AM
elianbirau
Driver School Candidate

I got my 07 RX400H about 4 months ago, and my dashboard looks brand new! I'm not sure if it was changed before, but I'm always using the "protector" thing that you spray on it and makes it look wet!
Old 03-11-15, 05:45 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RuninRoach
You do not need an actual letter per say to qualify for the warranty extension program. The program is Model, Year specific. You can call your local Lexus Dealer to schedule the inspection. During the inspection they are going to inspect and take pictures of your dash for cracks. Then they turn that in to Lexus Corporate, who in return, are going to authorize the repairs / replacement.

When I went to my inspection I didn't have my letter with me. The service advisor didn't even asked for the letter, they looked up in the computer my VIN. My dash replacement was approved on the spot and parts are on order, they are going to call me when the dash arrives. I am already in the service line.
Old 03-11-15, 05:50 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kdm
When is Lexus going to be ready! I've been waiting for so long. Cracked areas and a big hole for well over a year now...
See my previous post / reply. I am already in line for the dash replacement, waiting for a phone call when it arrives. The dash for my RX330 is on order, Lexus told me that is going to be somewhere around May / June because they are mass producing replacement parts.
Old 03-11-15, 10:17 AM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robbyk
See my previous post / reply. I am already in line for the dash replacement, waiting for a phone call when it arrives. The dash for my RX330 is on order, Lexus told me that is going to be somewhere around May / June because they are mass producing replacement parts.
which dealership was this? I'm in so cal and called longo, santa monica and glendale lexus and all told me the story that the parts have been ordered and we'll need to check back sometime in May to get them replaced.
Old 03-11-15, 11:00 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sgmstr
which dealership was this? I'm in so cal and called longo, santa monica and glendale lexus and all told me the story that the parts have been ordered and we'll need to check back sometime in May to get them replaced.
sgmstr,

I went to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. I called the service department to make an appointment for dashboard cracks service. The person I spoke to basically told me over the phone that the dealership was going to inspect the cracks in my vehicle and take pictures. That is exactly what happened, while I was there they placed the special order of the new dashboard with parts department. They are going to call me when the dash gets delivered to schedule the repair. The dealership is going to provide a loaner at no cost, it is a 2 days repair.
Old 03-12-15, 11:50 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Wait, so instead of waiting the actual "remedy available" notice to arrive, it's better to contact my SA and notify of the recall so they can order the parts in advance?
Old 03-12-15, 01:12 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kdm
Wait, so instead of waiting the actual "remedy available" notice to arrive, it's better to contact my SA and notify of the recall so they can order the parts in advance?
That's correct. They may even already know about the warranty extension.

When I went to my inspection I was having a hard time finding the letter. My SA told me not worry about it.
Old 03-16-15, 09:46 AM
RX3302004
Pole Position

Took my RX to our dealer today. He took a quick look, said the cracks weren't too bad but also said the area over the steering wheel was very soft. He said the parts will be in after May 1 and I'm to call back then. He said they'd replace the dash at no charge, to empty the glovebox, etc when we bring it back.

Quick Reply: Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!