RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 03:28 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Just called the dealership. Still no ETA on when my dash may arrive. Anyone know if certain parts of the country is receiving theirs first, or how to check when mine may come in? The dealership had no idea.
I called my local Lexus dealer to get an status on the special order of the dashboard. I always got the same response that they did not know when the parts were going to be available so I called Lexus corporate and talked to someone directly about this. The person took my name and VIN number,checked it in the computer to make sure my VIN was included in the warranty extension and told me that someone was going to get back to me.
Six weeks later I received a call from my local Lexus Dealership letting me know that my dash had arrived.

Be polite and tell them that you have been waiting for several months.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-16, 03:29 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

This morning I dropped off the Lexie at the Lexus Dealer to get the new dash installed. Got a nice loaner - 2015 RX350.
They said they are going to call me back when it is ready.
Old 02-02-16, 05:40 PM
harrier88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, will lexus replace the dash if it only has minimal damage?
Mine has little scratches and chip on top of the speedometer, and the dash finish start to change from matte to gloss
Old 02-02-16, 05:48 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by harrier88
Hi guys, will lexus replace the dash if it only has minimal damage?
Mine has little scratches and chip on top of the speedometer, and the dash finish start to change from matte to gloss
Did you receive a letter from Lexus staying they would replace your dash? My dash has many, many cracks and the dealership said it needs to be replaced, well, come to find out, my VIN# was not in the system, so, Lexus refuses to replace my dash. I think as long as you have a letter, they will replace it.
Old 02-02-16, 05:51 PM
RX3302004
Pole Position

Not sure about scratches and finish issues. My dash had some obvious cracks over the glovebox but it was nowhere near as bad as some I've seen. I was surprised my dealer agreed to replace it but obviously glad they did.
Old 02-04-16, 01:17 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by robbyk
This morning I dropped off the Lexie at the Lexus Dealer to get the new dash installed. Got a nice loaner - 2015 RX350.
They said they are going to call me back when it is ready.
The dealer may have been loaded with work, I dropped off the vehicle Thursday morning and did not get the call it was ready until later Saturday afternoon. Had quite a few cracks on my dash.

No rattles to report, in fact, my old dashboard was already rattling.

The good news is that I had a nice loaner with only 10K miles in the odometer, for some reason I am not impressed with the gas mileage. My 05RX330 has much better mpg than the 15 RX350.

Thank You Lexus!!
Attached Thumbnails Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!-dash-2.jpg   Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!-dash-.jpg  
Old 02-22-16, 07:41 AM
Revets00
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cracked dashes

Is there a certain criteria your dashboard has to meet as far as cracks and damage? Mine only has one crack. It has a kind of milky haze on it in between cleanings. I'm afraid when I go to the dealer they will not replace it. It's a 2005 RX 330 that's lived a sheltered life in the Alabama climate.
Old 02-22-16, 02:20 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by Revets00
Is there a certain criteria your dashboard has to meet as far as cracks and damage? Mine only has one crack. It has a kind of milky haze on it in between cleanings. I'm afraid when I go to the dealer they will not replace it. It's a 2005 RX 330 that's lived a sheltered life in the Alabama climate.
HI. I have no idea what the criteria is. I showed up to the dealership, my service rep looked at my dash, which has many cracks, and said, yours will absolutely be covered. Well, when I picked up my car, they informed me that my VIN# was not included in the warranty enhancement. How Lexus discerns which gets replaced and which does not is beyond me and the corporate office could not give me an answer
Old 02-22-16, 03:27 PM
jenturnr
Driver School Candidate

I've been on the list since August 2015. I'm in area of FL where every other car looks like mine - guess we're all waiting.
Old 02-29-16, 04:08 AM
Nozzleman
Driver School Candidate

Went to my dealer in January. Cold here and the dash is not sticky this time of year. It also only has two cracks that I had purchased a mat for to minimize damage. I haven't heard back from the dealer and am afraid that I'm getting rejected for addressing the issue myself. They also discounted the door damage as well. The elbow rest has a rubbed out spot about the size of a silver dollar from being soft. The service writer almost seemed bothered by my showing up.
Dealer Lexus of Mishawaka.
Old 04-09-16, 05:23 PM
eisens
Rookie

Finally got my 2004 RX 330 dash replaced at Lexus of Orlando. They were very nice, and I got a 2016 ES 350 loaner (very nice! I like some of the new safety features and my son loved the bluetooth connection of phone to sound system).

The new dash looks gorgeous.

I was told there are about 2500 people in Central Florida waiting. My RX has the monitor (I had the GPS) which is why mine got done "early" per the dealer .

Old 04-11-16, 06:17 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Still waiting on mine. I wish they could at least give a good estimate as to when they will be able to replace, as I've been on the 'list' since they started one in September.
Old 04-11-16, 01:36 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Still waiting on mine. I wish they could at least give a good estimate as to when they will be able to replace, as I've been on the 'list' since they started one in September.
update- just checked, I am #470 out of 1100 they have on the waiting list- still can't advise when as they don't know when the dashes are coming in, and this includes other models also.
Old 04-20-16, 10:05 AM
eisens
Rookie

Jer -- put it on your calendar and call every month or two -- I think it helps.
Old 08-10-16, 04:09 PM
MaryAnn07
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. I just bought my 07 RX 350 on Saturday. Since a little before then I've been perusing the internet researching and doing my due diligence about the car so I know what to expect from it and how to handle issues when they come up. I registered on here and on MyLexus.com. My dash has 1 hairline crack just outside of the A/C vent that is bigger than a centimeter but smaller than an inch. There is another questionable spot just above the left hand side of the glove box, just to the right of the console that looks as tho it may have had some work done, some sort of masking or covering that is not the same texture as the rest of the dash. Not sure if this spot is indicative of the dash problem itself or if it is a cover up of the problem. It doesn't look too bad, tho! I am the "third" owner of this car. (Original owner gave car to his daughter) I am wondering if anyone thinks I should bother trying to get on a list real quick before it's no longer an option?? I read somewhere that I may have until 2017? Do you all think that being the 3rd owner I would have any hope? Has anyone had any luck that wasn't the original owner? I did check the vin # on MyLexus, and it said it was NOT included. No service records indicate that it has been replaced previously. My damage is truly minimal enough that I wouldn't worry much, but I DO live in AZ...so I would hate to miss the boat if I could've gotten it taken care of! Any thoughts are appreciated, and hope everyone has a wonderful day!
-Kimberly and MaryAnn

Quick Reply: Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!