RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Question after tire install - tire sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 08:59 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question after tire install - tire sensor.

I just bought 4 new tires at Costco. They told me ahead of time that as part of the installation they replace the tire pressure sensor located in each tire with a brand new one.

After the install when I turn on the ignition I do not see the "low tire pressure indicator" in the dash anymore. All of the other lights in the dashboard light up until I turn on the engine.
I used to see the "low tire pressure" light come on and go off right after I started the engine.

Is this normal?.
Old 12-05-14, 09:27 AM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyk
I just bought 4 new tires at Costco. They told me ahead of time that as part of the installation they replace the tire pressure sensor located in each tire with a brand new one.

After the install when I turn on the ignition I do not see the "low tire pressure indicator" in the dash anymore. All of the other lights in the dashboard light up until I turn on the engine.
I used to see the "low tire pressure" light come on and go off right after I started the engine.

Is this normal?.
No, it is not normal. It would appear they disconnected the warming light (strange....!)
"My" Costco did not 'do' TPMS changes - I thus changed tires and am still fine. Another post stated that they offered (at a quite good price) TPMS change, and that they took care of the re-registering of the new sensors.... so I don't know what to think.
But the answer to your question is 'no'.
Old 12-05-14, 10:49 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pauljcl
No, it is not normal. It would appear they disconnected the warming light (strange....!)
"My" Costco did not 'do' TPMS changes - I thus changed tires and am still fine. Another post stated that they offered (at a quite good price) TPMS change, and that they took care of the re-registering of the new sensors.... so I don't know what to think.
But the answer to your question is 'no'.
I guess I will have to go back to the Costco tire shop where they installed the tires to re-register the new sensors.
I do not have a way of knowing if the new sensors they (Costco Tire) installed are working at all.
Old 12-06-14, 05:17 AM
lexus997
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The "low pressure" light should illuminate with the ignition in the ON position.

If anything is wrong with the TPMS system, such as if sensors are not registered, low pressure, dead sensor battery, etc, the TPMS light should illuminate while driving, indicating a problem with the system.