RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Newbie Here! I have an RX330 and a few questions. I would appreciate any answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-14, 10:57 PM
2Phast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Here! I have an RX330 and a few questions. I would appreciate any answers

I just got my 2005 RX330, it has 80k miles on it. I LOVE IT!

To start, I don't have an owner's manual; is their a PDF one I can download?

How to I adjust the roof rack cross-members? I see that have tabs, they appear to flip up, but I dont want to force them and break them.

How do I program the seat settings for Driver 1 and 2?

Is there a way to turn off the auto moving/telescoping steering wheel? I don't want it to wear out over time and it always moving when I turn the car on and off makes me weary.

Is there a way to turn off the auto moving mirrors when I back up? My driveway is tricky and I used to have the same feature in my MDX but was able to turn it off when needed.

Along with no manual, I have no records. Do the Lexus dealer networks keep track? I would love to know what has been done (or needs to be done)

I think that's all for now, I appreciate the guidance!

Here is a pic of my new ride:
Attached Thumbnails Newbie Here! I have an RX330 and a few questions. I would appreciate any answers-1.jpg  
Old 02-10-14, 03:18 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Not sure about the roof rack but for the seat, with the car in park, hit set, then 1,wait for the beep and this confirms the setting. For the mirrors, put the switch in the middle position, this stops the mirrors from tilting down when in reverse. I believe you can download a manual from the lexus site, possibly even order a hard copy.
Old 02-10-14, 05:54 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum 2Phast.

If you go to Lexus.com and register your vehicle you can view the owners manual on-line via PDF's and you can also request a free hard copy of the manual be sent to you. You might also be interested in seeing the service/maintenance records for your vehicle as well as check that all the recall activity has been completed. Note that only service completed at a Lexus dealer will be in this log. If the prior owner(s) used other than Lexus service it will not be listed.

Roof rack - flip the levers to unlock the sliding cross members and position them where you want them and re-lock.

Seat settings already explained by jer

I've not heard of a single Lexus owner who had any difficulty with the steering wheel mechanism so I'd not worry about it. Not sure if it can be disabled.

As jer said, leaving the mirror select switch in the middle position will stop the downward movement of the mirrors while in reverse.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you will take advantage of the resources available here. Search is your friend.
Old 02-10-14, 10:50 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

you can download the manual from the lexus website...just register here

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...on/register.do
Old 02-10-14, 11:04 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Phast
Is there a way to turn off the auto moving/telescoping steering wheel? I don't want it to wear out over time and it always moving when I turn the car on and off makes me weary.
IIRC that's one of the personalized settings that the dealer has to set for you.

Is there a way to turn off the auto moving mirrors when I back up? My driveway is tricky and I used to have the same feature in my MDX but was able to turn it off when needed.
I can't recall which position it needs to be in but the mirror selector switch will disable that when set to the appropriate position.
Old 02-10-14, 11:37 AM
mpatton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by takeshi74
IIRC that's one of the personalized settings that the dealer has to set for you.

I can't recall which position it needs to be in but the mirror selector switch will disable that when set to the appropriate position.
True, the dealer can turn off the telescoping wheel.

put the mirror selector in the middle and it should stop.
Old 02-10-14, 01:41 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

You can also search the Owner's Manual for any Lexus here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...nual-search.do
Old 02-10-14, 11:34 PM
2Phast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all the help!

I ordered the Manual and have been browsing it online. I am somewhat shocked that Lexus is going to send me a free one, but not complaining.

The link also guided me to all of my records! I am lucky, it's been dealer maintained since day 1.

I cant seem to get the seat settings for Driver 1 and 2 to beep, is there a trick? Holding for so many seconds, car on / off / accessory position?

Next time I go to the dealer, I will see about the steering. It may not be a big deal anyway...

Mirror movement is off, Thanks!

I still haven't figured out how to I adjust the roof rack cross-members, they are both pushed all the way back, which is silly and looks funny. Flipping the tabs up feels and looks like I am going to break it, is it that hard?

Is there a way to close the sunroof without having to time it just right? It seems that it want to go directly into the pop open position when closing it and vice versa, no real hesitation between the two...

Thanks again, I appreciate all the help!
Old 02-11-14, 06:00 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Maybe I can shed some light on a couple of your issues.

Setting the seat memory.
With the ignition set to "ON" and the car in "Park", move the seat, steering wheel position and outside mirrors to where you like them then press and hold the SET button and the number "1" or "2" until you hear a beep.

Roof rack
I seem to recall that you only need to release a single lever and the crossbar will slide forward or backward. The lever should be like 90° when released. I never used them so I may not remember that correctly.

Your sunroof may need to re reinitialized. This is done by holding the up/down button and letting the roof fully open and close and flip up and down then release.

I ordered the Manual and have been browsing it online. I am somewhat shocked that Lexus is going to send me a free one, but not complaining.

The link also guided me to all of my records! I am lucky, it's been dealer maintained since day 1.

I cant seem to get the seat settings for Driver 1 and 2 to beep, is there a trick? Holding for so many seconds, car on / off / accessory position?

Next time I go to the dealer, I will see about the steering. It may not be a big deal anyway...

Mirror movement is off, Thanks!

I still haven't figured out how to I adjust the roof rack cross-members, they are both pushed all the way back, which is silly and looks funny. Flipping the tabs up feels and looks like I am going to break it, is it that hard?

Is there a way to close the sunroof without having to time it just right? It seems that it want to go directly into the pop open position when closing it and vice versa, no real hesitation between the two...

Thanks again, I appreciate all the help!
Old 02-11-14, 01:20 PM
Band
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Roof rack
I seem to recall that you only need to release a single lever and the crossbar will slide forward or backward. The lever should be like 90° when released. I never used them so I may not remember that correctly.
If the lever won't go 90 degrees, spray a little silicone lube on it and work it loose. It should release then.