RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-14, 10:20 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

When you get new headlight assemblies, do you also get new xenon bulbs?
Old 08-27-14, 06:46 PM
Thundercld
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smassey321
When you get new headlight assemblies, do you also get new xenon bulbs?
No, just the assembly without bulbs.
Old 09-01-14, 11:09 AM
rcannon409
Driver School Candidate

Mine were replaced, last week, by my local dealer.

No questions asked....Mine had moisture in them when the vehicle arrived at the dealership....This makes it much easier for them. My dealer coudl not have been more cool abotu it. It took a whole day for the new lights to be shipped in. I was surprised.

Now, on a completly unrelated, off topic thing......There is a open spot on the back of the light. There could be enough room for a syringe, full of water, to get into the housing. I'd never advocate this being done before taking the vehicle in. Thats not within the spirit of this warranty. Cell phone pics can help, too, although mine did not even ask.

I wonder if we should seal this on the new assemblies???
Old 11-10-14, 08:29 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone got them to replace the lights when it didn't show the moisture on the day you brought it in to the dealer?
Old 11-14-14, 08:50 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....-axxc0v0.png

is this excessive enough?
Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....-5qwa3co.jpg
Old 11-15-14, 08:41 AM
gundy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any moisture visible inside the housing that persists is considered excessive but you have to take it to the dealer when it is visible so they can see it.
Old 11-16-14, 12:10 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer replaced both headlights at no charge. Made the car look brand new.
Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....-vkm4yb1.jpg
Old 12-01-14, 04:21 PM
Raddy
Rookie

Called local Lexus dealer last week and went in today since my condensation on driver's side has gotten out of control so much to the point that my driver's side headlight won't turn on at all.

They will replace both headlights (passenger side as a precaution) under the 'warranty enhancement program' see: http://www.lexusreimbursement.com/faq/

BUT - they said the actual driver's side HID bulb itself isn't covered under warranty and they want like $189 for that. Is that normal? Seems as though they should cover that as well.

They are covering all install costs in addition to the 2 headlight housings and the ballast on the driver's side. I'm not trying to be greedy, just feel the actual bulb should be covered as well. Thoughts?
Old 12-01-14, 05:24 PM
LazarusLng
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raddy
Called local Lexus dealer last week and went in today since my condensation on driver's side has gotten out of control so much to the point that my driver's side headlight won't turn on at all.

They will replace both headlights (passenger side as a precaution) under the 'warranty enhancement program' see: http://www.lexusreimbursement.com/faq/

BUT - they said the actual driver's side HID bulb itself isn't covered under warranty and they want like $189 for that. Is that normal? Seems as though they should cover that as well.

They are covering all install costs in addition to the 2 headlight housings and the ballast on the driver's side. I'm not trying to be greedy, just feel the actual bulb should be covered as well. Thoughts?
I wouldn't be very happy about that. Why do they think the bulb is dead? Isn't this why the recall is happening in the first place?
Old 12-01-14, 08:15 PM
Raddy
Rookie

Originally Posted by LazarusLng
I wouldn't be very happy about that. Why do they think the bulb is dead? Isn't this why the recall is happening in the first place?
Yeah exactly. Plus I've been wanting to upgrade my bulbs to a 5000k-6000k level so maybe this is perfect time to do.

They mentioned they will only install bulbs that are 'Lexus OEM', To cover their butt I'm guessing for the repairs.
Old 09-17-15, 02:10 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am getting my passenger side HL assembly replaced today at the dealership at no cost. The driver side seems to get okay. I was hoping they were going to replace both to make them look even (one is going to look like new and the other one a bit foggy) however the service adviser indicated that only the HL showing moisture is going to be replaced under the warranty enhancement program.
Attached Thumbnails Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....-img_4531.jpg  

Last edited by robbyk; 09-17-15 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-17-15, 05:25 PM
ghuns
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyk
I am getting my passenger side HL assembly replaced today at the dealership at no cost. The driver side seems to get okay. I was hoping they were going to replace both to make them look even (one is going to look like new and the other one a bit foggy) however the service adviser indicated that only the HL showing moisture is going to be replaced under the warranty enhancement program.
My driver's side would fog up in a little rain or after washing it. The passenger side would only do it after days of rain. The night before taking it in, I washed it, and left the hose running for an hour right on the passenger side light. It was nice and foggy the next morning.
Old 09-21-15, 10:54 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghuns
My driver's side would fog up in a little rain or after washing it. The passenger side would only do it after days of rain. The night before taking it in, I washed it, and left the hose running for an hour right on the passenger side light. It was nice and foggy the next morning.
Good to know, I am going to have to do this soon as the program is coming to an end. I believe the last day of October 2015 is the expiration date.

Meanwhile I only got one HL replaced, passenger's side. Sometime this week I am going to leave the water hose running on the driver's side for about an hour. I hope I do not get in troubles with the Department of Water and Power as we are on a drought, it is all about water conservation.

Thanks,
Old 09-21-15, 11:21 AM
ghuns
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope I do not get in troubles with the Department of Water and Power as we are on a drought, it is all about water conservation.

Thanks,
Hey now, don't get in trouble with the H2O police. I did that trick in Northern Indiana with my own private well.
Old 09-23-15, 04:14 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Good to know, I am going to have to do this soon as the program is coming to an end. I believe the last day of October 2015 is the expiration date.

Meanwhile I only got one HL replaced, passenger's side. Sometime this week I am going to leave the water hose running on the driver's side for about an hour. I hope I do not get in troubles with the Department of Water and Power as we are on a drought, it is all about water conservation.

Thanks,
Drought in CA! Dont waste your water!

Take it to a touchless carwash instead....got my right one replaced after 1 wash....LOL

Quick Reply: Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....