RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Sirius satellite

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-13, 05:39 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius satellite

Hello,

How do I get sirius to work in a 2008 rx 350? Do I need to purchase anything or just call sirius to activate? Thanks, Robbie
Old 12-19-13, 09:41 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have satellite installed...when you press the am-sat button it will cycle from am to sat. If it is not installed, it will only go to am. If it does go to sat...tune it to channel 184 and call Sirius/XM to be guided through the rest. If you don’t have it installed, I would by a module from Dice Electronics. It will give you Sirius, plus a USB port for iPod or Android, and it will give you bluetooth streaming audio.
Old 12-19-13, 09:56 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Great, thanks for the help. With the media bridge, I can stream music through bluetooth? Also it shows on the site to buy the sc-c1 tuner for sirius. Is that all I would need? How is it to hook up? I assume the display would show on the navigation.
Old 12-19-13, 11:32 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Yes...You can stream music. They make the module vehicle specific. So it will come with a harness that will plug into the back of the head unit. the USB port, aux port and bluetooth streaming come in the one unit...If you want the sirius it requires the additional part. http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/...ridge-info-avx

I bought mine on Amazon because it was cheaper. Just make sure you get the Toyota/Lexus version and not one for a different brand of car.
Old 12-20-13, 08:55 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Ok, you gotta help me out. After speaking with a few sources I am told I cannot get sirius to work and display on the factory navigation without calling lexus. Somebody has to point me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 12-20-13, 09:06 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Soo...I am not 100% sure on that one because I have a 2006. In the 2006 they have a clock button in place of the audio button. So in 2006 the RX doesn’t display any audio information on the nav screen. Period. 2007 is when they added the Audio button. However, I used the same exact kit in my prius and the Sirius information displayed just fine on the navigation screen. Also, the sirius information displays just fine on the head unit so I imagine it will display just fine on the nav screen. I know that toyota/lexus uses the same navigation systems across both brands...So my guess is that it will display the information.
Old 12-20-13, 09:16 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Great thanks. Now, do you think I am better off with the media bridge or something like this
http://www.tss-radio.com/siriusxm-ra...icles-ty1.html
Old 12-20-13, 09:21 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

I haven’t used that one...So I can’t say. I do notice right off the bat though, that that one does not have a usb port so you can only use it with the iPod cable they provide. One of my main reasons for buying the media bridge is that I can plug in whatever cable i want into the USB port. So I can use the media bridge with android, iPhone, and when I switched from iPhone 4s to iPhone 5s I was able to just unplug the old 30 pin cable from the usb port and plug in the new lightning cable. It also looks like the one in the link doesn’t have bluetooth streaming audio.
Old 12-20-13, 09:25 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Great. I think I will go with the media bridge. It looks like the only other thing I will need is the scc1 tuner. Am I correct? Any other cable or wires needed? You have been great help. Thanks again
Old 12-20-13, 09:28 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

That’s correct. If you want Sirius that is. You can always get the Media Bridge alone and then add the sirius tuner later on. The sirius tuner is a universal one for almost everything and isn’t media bridge specific...so they are easy to come by and pretty cheap. I think I found mine for 60 bucks on amazon.
Old 12-20-13, 09:50 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Great, Thanks
Old 12-20-13, 06:15 PM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I am getting a little confused with my other thread(30 pin adapter). I have the 30 pin cable installed from the factory for an ipod. I am reading that you cannot have both the cable and an interface like the media bridge, that there will be conflict.. Can the ipod cable be removed when I install the media bridge. Thanks
Old 12-20-13, 06:38 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jesrob
Ok, I am getting a little confused with my other thread(30 pin adapter). I have the 30 pin cable installed from the factory for an ipod. I am reading that you cannot have both the cable and an interface like the media bridge, that there will be conflict.. Can the ipod cable be removed when I install the media bridge. Thanks
Yes. One or the other but not both. If you replace with a device which supports a standard USB connection then you can replace the cable down the road with whichever device you need as long as it supports USB on the backend.
Old 12-20-13, 11:14 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

The one that is already in your car is kind of like a media bridge. Except it only supports iPhone and does not have Sirius, Bluetooth, or support android. When you install the media bridge you will just unplug the interface that is currently in there. It will be pretty easy to identify once you remove the head unit.
Old 12-21-13, 07:05 AM
jesrob
Driver School Candidate

Hey, what do you guys think of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/370965493695...84.m1423.l2649
It has everything including the tuner. Will this work out for me? Thanks

Quick Reply: Sirius satellite