RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Aftermarket Stereo in 2004 RX330 with Nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-15, 05:52 PM
Erik347
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi sorry to bring up an old post but could you tell me what wiring harness you used to connect the aftermarket stereo to the existing factory wires. Right now I am using a Axxess TYTO-01 and after following the directions there isn't any sound coming from the speakers, and the navigation screen doesn't work.
Old 08-30-15, 02:17 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik347
Hi sorry to bring up an old post but could you tell me what wiring harness you used to connect the aftermarket stereo to the existing factory wires. Right now I am using a Axxess TYTO-01 and after following the directions there isn't any sound coming from the speakers, and the navigation screen doesn't work.

You might want to check out the CL Audio & Video forum. Most likely your question has been answered there or you can post the question in that forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lectronics-12/
Old 08-31-15, 05:12 PM
CJG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erik347
Hey Erik... I bought Metra TYTO-01 (
Amazon.com: Metra TYTO-01 JBL Amplifier Interface Harness: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra TYTO-01 JBL Amplifier Interface Harness: Car Electronics
). I didn't install it tho, just brought it to my local installer. Everything works fine with it. Sound, nav, and steering wheel controls.
Old 12-27-18, 02:03 PM
TODDRS93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a related question. I run a shop and I am installing an aftermarket radio for a customer. I understand the proper way to install is to buy these beatsonic kits and all and everything is pretty much plug and play. However, in the interest of cost I have tried to bypass all that. Also this car presented with the customer complaint of NO sound. This car was strange because the amplifier was indeed missing. Now it would seem odd that the car would have nav PLUS a Mark Levinson sound system but no amp? I believe that the amp must have been stolen or removed at some point because every diagram I see it needs the amp to function with this setup. The car is an 04 LS430 WITH nav and WITH Mark Levinson sound system so just about every kit I saw to do the plug and play factory setup excluded the Mark Levinson system anyway.

So fast forward to what I have currently done, which was a long painstaking process of bypassing the factory amp, telephone transceiver and speaker relay system, nav ecu, and stereo component tuner all to run factory speakers directly with an aftermarket headunit. I also installed an aftermarket radio antenna.

Now the issue of course is there then was no climate function on the factory screen. The customer is not worried about nav function he just needs a working radio with auxiliary, and of course climate function. So to get climate function working again I had to reconnect the two wires from the factory radio harness that went to the Gateway ecu, and also the 2 wires that went from the factory radio harness to the display screen, and plug the factory radio back in. So now I have all climate and display function, and a good working aftermarket radio. However the only way to maintain this is to find a place to put the factory radio. Like run wires back into the trunk and secure it back there, obviously not really a plausible option.

So this now leaves my options with undo everything I already did and spend another $400 to get the beatsonic kit, which im not even sure would work with the cheap Dual headunit the guy got, OR find a way to fool the system. There has to be a way. Whatever is in that little beatsonic box is what I need to figure out. Im sure its just a matter of resistors and voltage signals to fool the display and the gateway ecu (which I assume is some kind of body control module).

I can not imagine everyone pays this much to get an aftermarket radio in one of these. Your talking like $400 for a decent headunit, another $400 for the beatsonic kit, then misc. connectors n such, and then labor. It probably should be like a $1500 job. I am charging half that here.

So bottom line has anyone one successfully done this and ran an aftermarket headunit in a car with Mark Levinson sound and factory nav WITHOUT buying the beatsonic kit or some other similar kit.