RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Center Console - Plastic Ivory Paint?

Old 09-12-13, 02:37 PM
jvakharia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console - Plastic Ivory Paint?

I have a 2008 Lexus RX with Ivory interior. The ivory paint/color on the lid of Center console (the one with with small storage, the one that opens and closes using the Open/Close button, the one that has cup holder for front seats and a/c vent on the other side for the passengers in the back), is coming off. I see the black plastic below it. How and where could I get the color code for that and which aero spray would be ideal for this type of plastic touch up?

Also, I noticed that the frame of the center console is made up of ivory plastic. Its just the open/close lid that sits on the top is painted ivory on top of black plastic.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-13, 12:15 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

www.autocolorlibrary.com
If these folks can't do it I'll be surprised.
Used their product while restoring the interior on my old Buick. EXACT factory matches on a 42 year old car.
I had to send them a small part to use as a sample. You are relatively close, call them & go from there.

Another option is to check out local salvage yards. Should be plenty of parts car available.
Old 09-19-13, 03:22 PM
jvakharia
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SteveCraig
www.autocolorlibrary.com
If these folks can't do it I'll be surprised.
Used their product while restoring the interior on my old Buick. EXACT factory matches on a 42 year old car.
I had to send them a small part to use as a sample. You are relatively close, call them & go from there.

Another option is to check out local salvage yards. Should be plenty of parts car available.
They have everything but paint for Lexus...
Old 09-20-13, 12:41 AM
cubbie036
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to consider looking for a replacement part in a junk yard. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by jvakharia
I have a 2008 Lexus RX with Ivory interior. The ivory paint/color on the lid of Center console (the one with with small storage, the one that opens and closes using the Open/Close button, the one that has cup holder for front seats and a/c vent on the other side for the passengers in the back), is coming off. I see the black plastic below it. How and where could I get the color code for that and which aero spray would be ideal for this type of plastic touch up?

Also, I noticed that the frame of the center console is made up of ivory plastic. Its just the open/close lid that sits on the top is painted ivory on top of black plastic.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-13, 08:07 PM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It may just be Oklahoma, but as far as I have found, there isn't second gen RX's in any salvage yard in the state. A couple places can order some parts from Dallas, as there seems to be 2 of them in that area?, but prices are expensive. But most Lexuses are rare in salvage yards around here, the newest one I have yet to find is a 99 rx 300, with the second newest being a 96 LS I found in a yard (both were totaled by the way).

One rather humorous explanation for this was given to me by one of the managers of a local yard: "People with that kind of money don't drive like idiots."
Old 09-26-13, 08:25 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

58921A ??
Only you can be sure which part you need. Surprised at the price, seems reasonable for an OEM part.
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X350-2008.html
Old 09-30-13, 10:10 AM
jvakharia
Driver School Candidate

Ordered the part from one the dealers and replaced it myself yesterday. It wasn't that difficult. The console is now looking nice and clean...Console is good to go but yet to hook it up in the car with bolts and everything...

Previous owner of my used Lexus must have dropped coke or sometime. Grime beneath the console was gross. Found bunch of coins, tooth picks and stuff like that...

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...0148050A0.html