RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Aluminum Sport Pedals

Old 06-01-13, 11:48 AM
defo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow Aluminum Sport Pedals

I ordered these from Aliexpress.com....they took forever to arrive, but just installed them on the RX400h today.

No how-to on this one...it is really straight forward and easy.

Last edited by defo; 06-02-13 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-02-13, 10:39 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look real nice!!!

I can't wait, I saw your post in the first gen board and ordered a set from there also. Roughly how long did it take for yours to come?

Also someone from Alibaba commented about the accelerator petal being rounded. Do feel any difference or had to adjust your driving due to the petal?
Old 06-02-13, 11:24 AM
defo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
They look real nice!!!

I can't wait, I saw your post in the first gen board and ordered a set from there also. Roughly how long did it take for yours to come?

Also someone from Alibaba commented about the accelerator petal being rounded. Do feel any difference or had to adjust your driving due to the petal?
The accelerator pedal was TOO rounded, but I flattened it back out by setting it face up on my work bench and applied some hand pressure. It is still curved, just not as extreme, it looks and works well.

From what I remember, it was at least 5 weeks for delivery...maybe even 6. Very slow, but the price and product was worth the wait.

Also, the rubber circles are domed, unlike the photo on Aliexpress which they appeared squared-off...which is better in my opinion.....I was a little worried by the original photos, that your shoes might not glide correctly (or catch weirdly) on the squared-off rubber pads.

One more thing, the hardware does not match, the screws for the accelerator and foot rest, are silver-colored, phillips type, self tapping screws, whereas the brake has black-colored, hex-head, machine thread bolts. I went to home depot and purchased some silver-colored, phillips head, machine bolts to match the others.

Last edited by defo; 06-02-13 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-02-13, 12:14 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Can you please let us know where and how much? Thanks.
Old 06-02-13, 02:49 PM
defo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Can you please let us know where and how much? Thanks.
From AliExpress $35.80

Pedal Link

There are other sets that come with the park brake cover, but I would not have used it if my kit came with one.....I prefer the parking brake to be less obvious...but search the site for other options

Last edited by defo; 06-02-13 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-02-13, 02:59 PM
defo
Intermediate

Also, be mindful of what you find on that site.....another member GAZI001, in the 1st Gen section bought from Aliexpress, and his pedals (pic below) are much larger......too large for my tastes, but to each his own.

This pic in on an RX300, but the pedal sizes for 1st and 2nd Gen RX's are nearly the same.....only the footrest in a RX300 is raised off the floor board
Old 06-21-13, 08:24 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Mine arrived yesterday. Looking forward to setting this up on the weekend. Took exactly 3 weeks for delivery for me. All the screws are silver philips screws but they're small. I was looking under the steering wheel last night, the gas petal is plastic but the break looks like it's metal. Not sure if these screws will cut through the metal.

Will post pics when I'm done. Thanks for the link Defo.
Old 06-22-13, 09:42 AM
defo
Intermediate

Mine arrived yesterday. Looking forward to setting this up on the weekend. Took exactly 3 weeks for delivery for me. All the screws are silver philips screws but they're small. I was looking under the steering wheel last night, the gas petal is plastic but the break looks like it's metal. Not sure if these screws will cut through the metal.

Will post pics when I'm done. Thanks for the link Defo.
For the brake pedal, I removed the rubber pad, and pre-drilled the holes......the metal is very thick, a screw will most likely strip-out before it self-tapps thru the metal brake pedal.

Also, my brake pedal screws were actually bolts with nuts.....that is one part you want to be certain does not move/wiggle/slip once it is installed.......I would suggest sourcing some different hardware just to be safe.
Old 06-23-13, 06:22 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

You are correct. The metal for the brake pad is very strong and the screws I had barely scratch it. Don't laugh but right now I have the smaller screws screwed into the rubber just to see how it looks but I know I need a more permanent solution. I plan to go to home depot and ask them if they have anything that I can use that will make a hole in it.
Old 06-23-13, 09:06 PM
defo
Intermediate

You are correct. The metal for the brake pad is very strong and the screws I had barely scratch it. Don't laugh but right now I have the smaller screws screwed into the rubber just to see how it looks but I know I need a more permanent solution. I plan to go to home depot and ask them if they have anything that I can use that will make a hole in it.
Just use a drill....and put in some pilot holes
Old 06-27-13, 07:34 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

I went back to Home Depot. I spoke to a person there and they told me exactly what type of screws I needed and she even recommended a drill bit if I wanted to make the holes first and then use the screws that the vendor sent.

I just used the screws she recommended and it went in like butter. Although it's not flushed with the brake pad but it's not too much of a bubble and it's on securely. I used a power drill and the #8 self taping screw for metal on metal.

Thanks again Defo, I like the way these look instead of the bigger bulkier kind. I'm going to try and take some pictures.
Old 06-28-13, 08:23 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by defo
I ordered these from Aliexpress.com....they took forever to arrive, but just installed them on the RX400h today.

No how-to on this one...it is really straight forward and easy.

Great look. Had a set put on my SC. But this is quite reasonable in price. Does the foot rest plate cover the whole plastic (as it appears on your photo, it is ok)?

I will get a set myself, yeah it takes about a month on snail mail.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-13, 02:18 PM
defo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Great look. Had a set put on my SC. But this is quite reasonable in price. Does the foot rest plate cover the whole plastic (as it appears on your photo, it is ok)?

I will get a set myself, yeah it takes about a month on snail mail.

Thanks.
The foot rest is about 1/4" too short to cover the entire height of the plastic (width is slightly wider)....so I split the difference and you can really tell
Old 06-30-13, 07:51 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by defo
Also, be mindful of what you find on that site.....another member GAZI001, in the 1st Gen section bought from Aliexpress, and his pedals (pic below) are much larger......too large for my tastes, but to each his own.

This pic in on an RX300, but the pedal sizes for 1st and 2nd Gen RX's are nearly the same.....only the footrest in a RX300 is raised off the floor board
This pictured set is way oversized.

I want the smaller set but want the parking brake as well. Been searching.
Old 04-20-14, 10:13 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

This vendor on Ebay has them without the logo on the pedal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-Fuel-Brake-Foot-Rest-AT-Pedals-Pads-for-LEXUS-RX300-RX350-IS200-IS250-/111278057751?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e8b06917&vxp=mtr

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aluminum Sport Pedals