RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-02, 09:51 AM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding that hybrid, it seems Toyota has already done this with its Highlander, http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/look...tcar.html#fchv

Last edited by Lexmexico; 12-06-02 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-06-02, 12:42 PM
Lexus of Manhattan
Lexus Dealership

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, If i remember correctly, it will have standard 17" wheels. and once again NO THIRD ROW SEAT!
Eddie
Old 12-06-02, 05:28 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Don't like it. The rear is too sloped... thus negating cargo volume and making it look more like a station wagon (and every other crossover SUV that's coming out). You folks can have it... i like the looks of mine just fine.

The only thing I really lust after is steering wheel mounted radio controls... Lexus dropped the ball big time with this... I have cheaper and older American cars that have this feature.

And more engine power is ALWAYS a welcomed feature... but I wouldn't go and sell my current Rex, take the depreciation hit, for just 20 more hp.
Old 12-07-02, 02:55 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Default Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packing right here...

I wonder what they'll put on for tires at the factory.
What does the Highlander get right now?
Old 12-10-02, 09:08 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

BUMP.

Sigh... No new pictures or news anyone? Oh well.
Attached is what I keep to remind me of what's coming.
Attached Thumbnails New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!-00-gallery.jpg  
Old 12-11-02, 08:55 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Japanese article
http://www.auto-g.jp/news/200212/05/newcar01/index.html

Awkward Babelfish translation follows (er, all yuor base are belong to us):

New model harrier, With normal evolution high-class impression upgrade

February of 2003, the Toyota SUV " harrier " accomplishes further evolution and displays the form. As for style of the new model harrier, while color leaving the silhouette which the high-class impression of the model overflows until recently densely, degree of refinement and the ƒXƒ|[ƒeƒB is done plus.

The front grille treats the slit of V letter type in the bar which flows to lengthwise, the ƒXƒ|[ƒeƒB expresses the good quality and upper material feeling of being cut off. Also design of the symbol mark is refined. The front bumper adopts a certain design of Hari's with wide, also the fog lamp becomes the built-in. In addition, it equips also the discharge headlight of the low beam.

In part grade worldwide first headlight control system standard equipment. This, with the system which automatically is moved to left and right the light distribution of the headlight according to the position of a vessel's helm of the steering wheel, improves intersection and the visibility with the curve substantially.
The front panel adopts the body structure which lightens the obstacle to the pedestrian. The case of pedestrian collision of 10001, in order to lighten the impact which the head of the pedestrian receives shocking absorption structure is used in the bonnet and the ƒƒCƒp[ƒsƒ|ƒbƒg section.

The side line strongly from the front it lets flow side view, to the rear and emphasizes the ƒXƒ|[ƒeƒB impression. The side window makes the door glass and the quarter glass unify and becomes design of blackout. As for tire from former 16 inches in 18 inches and 17 inches modification. It makes the aluminum wheel standard equipment in all car, produces the underside in the ƒXƒ|[ƒeƒB & elegant.

The rear it constructs original cabin form with the back window of six rectangularities. Also the rear spoiler stylish you produce. The rear combination lamp makes the shape which imbedded at a time round 3 light systems to the case in the suspicious looking 4 angles which have the existence impression adopts the LED to the tail & the stop lamp.

In addition, it makes the lighting quantity raise with the area enlargement of the glass panel, it prepares the electromotive multiple moon roof which improves the release impression when opening fully as manufacturer option.

As for body size total length 4730mm, full 1845mm, total height 1670mm. When you compare to the current model, total length 155mm enlargement and the full-width the 5mm are pulling up 30mm enlargement and total height. As for wheel base with 2715mm extension of 100mm. This Krueger - is the same as V, both models mean to assure the common use conversion of the platform with this.

Capacity fully In luggage room idea full load!

The instrument panel expresses novelty. At independent 3 eye meter the ƒXƒ|[ƒeƒB with the advanced impression is emphasized. As for steering wheel 2 types of this leather and this leather + grain. Electromotive tilt & telescopic and the ƒI[ƒgƒAƒEƒFƒC / automatic return function is included. The seat color prepares 3 colors of black, the ivory and the light/write grey. It can choose the seat epidermis from this leather and the fabric.

As for the interior space, length the 1990mm and width with the 1500mm and the height 1210mm, as for width being the same, length and height at a time the respective 5mm were expanded in comparison with the current model. The 120mm it slides the rear seat on front and back, various using such as left and right independent tilt and full flat is possible. With center armrest through, even at at the time of 4 human riding in a car it can load long shaku things such as the skiing board and the like. Because it slides the center console to front and back, walk between the driver's seat and the suicide seat through is possible.

The luggage room took capacity fully, included various ideas. When the back door is opened, being linked, you adopt the mechanism where the tonneau cover is retracted automatically. As for the receipt space foreward the luggage, just pushes the button opening and closing the cover is possible.
Old 12-11-02, 10:46 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packing right here...

Originally posted by xsfo
I wonder what they'll put on for tires at the factory.
What does the Highlander get right now?
Goodyear Integrity

Seriously, check the 7th paragraph here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=rx330
Old 12-11-02, 10:54 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Default Toyota Harrier Roof

Here's a picture of the Toyota Harrier moon roof from the above article.
Attached Thumbnails New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!-auto-g-roof-sm.jpg  
Old 12-12-02, 01:05 AM
Harrier
Pole Position

Thanks everyone for contributing pictures and info. In case anyone missed it in the funny translation provided by XSFO, there are a few interesting points to note:

1. The headlamps (projectors) point in the direction that you steer (a world first according to the article). This feature was supposed to have shown up on the BMW 745, but never made it.

2. Automatically retractable tonneau cover. When you open the trunk, the tonneau retracts.

3. Rear center armrest allows for pass-through. Rear seats also have tilt and complete fold down like the current model RX.

4. Retractable steering wheel with automatic tilt and scope.

5. Fogs are HID. Woot!

6. LEDs in the rear lights like WhiteLS suggested.

I was looking into trading in my five year old GS400 for an SUV. Given the choices out there, I found myself straying from Lexus. Not anymore, baby! I'm gonna put a deposit down soon as I get a chance.
Old 12-12-02, 03:03 AM
satxrx
Driver

Default Re: Toyota Harrier Roof

Originally posted by xsfo
Here's a picture of the Toyota Harrier moon roof from the above article.
Man, that's interesting. Kind of reminds me of the sky roof that Mercedez-Benz offers on the M-Class. Guess that'll get rid of the roof racks, huh?

I like it though, looks really cool.
Old 12-12-02, 02:58 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

really sloped back roof=hit your head on the glass many times.
I bet a few cosmetic details like the grill markings will be different in the US than in that magazine. they always do that

heh what am i doing here-got to go take my last final exam....stupid cal state nowhere! lol (sorry fellow matadors)
Old 12-12-02, 08:22 PM
GXS
Driver School Candidate

HHMMM... Now I wonder what a fully loaded model will cost... $75K????
Old 12-12-02, 09:40 PM
Harrier
Pole Position

This spy shot information should be posted on the home page as accompanied by an article. It's pretty big news, if you ask me.
Old 12-13-02, 08:07 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Keep in mind that most of the pictures we have seen are of the Toyota Harrier.
The Lexus RX will differ slightly from the Toyota Harrier.
Not everything you see in the Harrier pics will be in the RX.

The Harrier dimensions from the auto-g article are (RX will be similar if not same):
186" Length / 72.6" Width / 65.7" Height / 106.9" Wheelbase

So the RX330 will be a bit longer and a little wider than the current RX300.
It will still be probably the smallest of the luxury SUVs.
Cargo space will probably be about the same.

Another spy shot can be found at http://thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5596
For some reason they mention third row seating which most have dismissed as unlikely for the RX330.
In the picture, notice that the RX has roof rails. So the Lexus moon roof might be different
from the moon roof picture above.
Attached Thumbnails New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!-ad-shoot-crop.jpg  
Old 12-13-02, 12:03 PM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

1. The headlamps (projectors) point in the direction that you steer (a world first according to the article). This feature was supposed to have shown up on the BMW 745, but never made it.

If I recall my auto history, I think the late 40s Tucker had this as a standard feature.

Quick Reply: New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!