RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-02, 12:46 AM
satxrx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job, JohnsRX and Justin T.W., for the get on the pics!

Now that I've seen the RX330 it looks like a cross between the RX300, the ES300 and the IS300 sportcross.

The rear window looks really steeply raked - I wonder what that'll do for the cubic volume and loading stuff in the back. It'll have to grow on me, I guess.

The front I like because it's not a revolutionary change from the original - more evolutionary.

Anyone else notice the gear shifter is still in the high center stack position? I know there were some complaints or gripes when the RX was intro'd but I like it okay.

Overall, I'm not totally flipped about the redesign which is good I guess. But it just doesn't make we DESIRE it like when I first saw the RX or X5, for example.

My .02 cents.
Old 11-27-02, 12:49 AM
satxrx
Driver

Default Another thought

I really do like the wheels, I wonder if they're larger say 17's or 18's? I also wonder if they'll fit my RX.
Old 11-28-02, 05:44 PM
ken eaise

I'm kind of disappointed in the steeply raked rear end design and the central dash/audio appearance. My excitement and anticipation have waned a great deal. I was hoping for love at first sight like I had with the present model. I was planning on buying one in April but think that plan will change now.
This is a highly subjective area but I'm just disappointed.
Old 11-29-02, 12:09 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: RX 300 2003 vs 330?

I posted the pictures and i can tell u, after seeing the pcitures in greater detail. The interior of the new 330 is much much better and has a lot more content to it. Styling is a subjective thing, but newer is always better for Lexus.
If stereo is your only complaint about the current one, then i can tell u dont sweat it. When i bought mine less than a year ago, i thought the stereo was bad too, but now i thank its great. Even compared to the mark levinson from the new LS. But its just dont have that bass the LS has.

edit-language

Last edited by Daddy-O; 11-29-02 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-29-02, 12:57 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

JohnsRX:
Thanks for finding the article. However, is there anyway you can take that magazine to flatbed scanner and get scans? The photos of the magazine pages don't really show details too well.

Otherwise what magazine is that? Maybe I can find it in Japantown or something.
Old 11-29-02, 01:38 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

sorry bro, no scanner and too lazy, but u can get the magazine in rownland heights, diamond plaza's chinese place in about a month. Another detail that u might see if u blew that picture up some more: there's a metal trim below the wood trim along the doors!! And its a 5 speed automatic and it has a BIG sun-roof like the new e-class.

Originally posted by xsfo
Otherwise what magazine is that? Maybe I can find it in Japantown or something.
Old 11-29-02, 02:08 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

JohnsRX:
What does the cover look like (what's on the cover, an RX?) for that issue? Is there a link to a picture of the magazine somewhere so I know which magazine it is? I'm not familiar wit dem foreign magazines
Old 11-29-02, 03:55 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

its called "Taiwan Motor" magazine with a small new RX picture on the cover.

JohnsRX:
What does the cover look like (what's on the cover, an RX?) for that issue? [/i]
Old 11-29-02, 04:41 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Ok, thanks. You mean this one?
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-02, 09:30 AM
GXS
Driver School Candidate

Is it me or do I really see a power tilt/telescope button on the steering column?
Old 11-30-02, 07:22 PM
DjXquizit
Driver

lookz pretty nice overall..not really diggin the back styling tho.. looks kinda like an IS300 sportcross.. anyways, is there any word on a 3rd row?? that would be real bad azz.. that would be reason enough for my dad to trade in my 99 RX.. and i also heard rumors that they're gonna make a hybrid version of the RX330.. neone know if thats true?
Old 11-30-02, 09:58 PM
satxrx
Driver

Originally posted by DjXquizit
lookz pretty nice overall..not really diggin the back styling tho.. looks kinda like an IS300 sportcross.. anyways, is there any word on a 3rd row?? that would be real bad azz.. that would be reason enough for my dad to trade in my 99 RX.. and i also heard rumors that they're gonna make a hybrid version of the RX330.. neone know if thats true?
By the looks of the steeply raked rear glass, I have doubts about 3rd row seats.

The hybrid rumor has been mentioned (cannot recall where though) but probably won't be out right away.

I agree with you about the rear styling, too. But I suppose it'll grow on me over time.
Old 12-01-02, 11:44 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

yes.

Ok, thanks. You mean this one?
Old 12-02-02, 01:58 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I like it!

Obviously these are not final photos of the next gen RX, but from what I see, it looks great and I would buy one once it came out.

As long as this new RX has the ML Audio / NAV package as well as more power (which we already know it will have) and nice sporty rims then I am all for it since I have always like the RX, but wanted the design to be a bit more sportier, which it seems to be now.

I can't wait until we get more info on this next gen RX!

Last edited by lexguynj; 12-02-02 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-05-02, 10:50 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes
cant wait for more info or clearer pictures
these are definetly a good start!

Erick G

Quick Reply: New RX330...Its official...Spy picture!!