RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 09:29 PM
MeryLexmas
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with engine mounts is once one goes, the others won't be far behind due to the added stress put upon them form a failed mount. Once the motor has more movement from a dead mount, the others will soon falter.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Ranger Rover Sport. Talk about a mechanics friend. The ML series can be a nightmare as well. The Q7 is a good buy. Also you can't go wrong the the GS. The 450h is very nice and was my 1st choice before the RX400h my wife has now. They were just too hard to find in my area.
Old 01-23-13, 07:26 AM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand the concern I will see if the mechanic can show me... This is what he e-mailed me "There are 5 motor mounts on this suv and the front, right and top motor mounts are broken, causing the vibrations and noise, estimate to replace is $745 plus tax, parts and labor included". I will let you all know what we choose to do. This shop has been fantastic to us and they specialize in luxury vehicles. It is called RG Motorworks here in Las Vegas and they are the shop we took our Jaguar too when I had it break down with clients in the car.. They diagnosed it as an electronic signal fault in the throttle body.
Old 01-23-13, 07:30 AM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Originally Posted by MeryLexmas
The problem with engine mounts is once one goes, the others won't be far behind due to the added stress put upon them form a failed mount. Once the motor has more movement from a dead mount, the others will soon falter.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Ranger Rover Sport. Talk about a mechanics friend. The ML series can be a nightmare as well. The Q7 is a good buy. Also you can't go wrong the the GS. The 450h is very nice and was my 1st choice before the RX400h my wife has now. They were just too hard to find in my area.
Very good point with the engine mounts... I did not think of that.

I have wanted a range rover for year lol I most likely will not end up with one unless its the right deal with a warranty haha. I really do like the Q7 my mom is hesitant though beings our family had one and within 6 months the car was deemed unrepairable due to a fluid leak that got into the car and the electrical system frying it. I think it was just a freak thing and isnt a usual issue. So far the best values seem to be the ML and E350/E550. I really like that one of the ML's I found is a 2010 and certified... We will see what ends up happening. I should know by the end of the day.
Old 01-23-13, 08:21 AM
RuninRoach
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

have you looked at the X5. can't go wrong there..
Old 01-23-13, 09:01 AM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Originally Posted by RuninRoach
have you looked at the X5. can't go wrong there..
I have considered the X5, I would love one but they seem to have higher resale than the rest of the cars I am considering. The ones I have found in my price range typically have too many miles.
Old 01-23-13, 09:08 AM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Would you all buy an ML350? I feel like I would be getting a second mom car... lol I am so tempted by the Certified and that its a 2010.
Old 01-23-13, 01:23 PM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am relying on memory hre (always a bad thing) but aren't the three warning lights that are associated with check engine and VSC and one other related to a failing/failed brake activation switch on the brake pedal assembly? I know that there have been threads on this in the past.
Old 01-23-13, 02:08 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpa72
I am relying on memory hre (always a bad thing) but aren't the three warning lights that are associated with check engine and VSC and one other related to a failing/failed brake activation switch on the brake pedal assembly? I know that there have been threads on this in the past.
For the brake switch problem I believe you get the VSC, Brake, ABS and Tire Pressure lights all coming on. Plus, when read you get an error code indicating such.
Old 01-23-13, 04:24 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Interesting, I dont believe it is the braking system as they did inspect that...

The lexus is being sold or I will trade it in... Now heres a question, my mom is making me take care of the entire purchase besides her going and signing/paying. I have no idea how to see the deal through and through however I found a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium in california and a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350 AMG Sport pack in California as well. I cant seem to find anything I like here... Can anyone speak for the process of buying a car from out of state? I'd most likely be trading in the Lexus.
Old 01-23-13, 04:27 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavinw35
Interesting, I dont believe it is the braking system as they did inspect that...

The lexus is being sold or I will trade it in... Now heres a question, my mom is making me take care of the entire purchase besides her going and signing/paying. I have no idea how to see the deal through and through however I found a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium in california and a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350 AMG Sport pack in California as well. I cant seem to find anything I like here... Can anyone speak for the process of buying a car from out of state? I'd most likely be trading in the Lexus.
Didn't you say you wanted something reliable?
Old 01-23-13, 04:44 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Originally Posted by hypervish
Didn't you say you wanted something reliable?
The only way to get a "reliable" luxury car is to not drive a luxury car or drive a Lexus. I just can't bring myself to buy another Lexus. Maybe later on in Life I will come back because it is a great brand but it just is not currently appealing to me. All luxury brands are going to have problems with reliability....
Old 01-23-13, 04:46 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavinw35
The only way to get a "reliable" luxury car is to not drive a luxury car or drive a Lexus. I just can't bring myself to buy another Lexus. Maybe later on in Life I will come back because it is a great brand but it just is not currently appealing to me. All luxury brands are going to have problems with reliability....
Fair enough. To each his own.
Old 04-23-13, 01:31 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Wow I have not been on here in a while! I ended up buying another BMW 750LI with the sport package. The thing is fully loaded besides the night vision and frige in the back seat lol... (more for show than functionality.)

Got an amazing deal and also got the maintenance package and it is a certified pre-owned. It is an amazing car and holy crap does it have some power.

I am so happy my RX is gone... I can change lanes without having the car rattle and sound like its falling apart etc. It was an amazing first car but it was time for it to go.
Old 04-23-13, 01:35 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless-download-3.jpeg   Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless-download-13.jpeg   Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless-download.jpeg  
Old 04-23-13, 01:56 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Good luck with your new ride. What year was it?

Quick Reply: Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless