RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

07 RX350 Windshield washer motor weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 06:38 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 07 RX350 Windshield washer motor weird problem

Any help will be great guys. I have a friend with a 2007 RX350, he just developed a problem with his windshield washer motor. From what I understand, when he pulls on the leaver to get his glass sprayed the sound of electric motor starts and the fluid comes spraying on the windshield normaly. But after he releases the leaver the water stops spraying like expected, but the electric motor sound doesn’t go away. He basically needs to shut the car down for the sound to disappear. Not sure how is this even possible for the motor to continue to run without pumping fluid. Could it be something else? What can be triggered to run by the water spray switch?

Thank you all and a happy new year
Old 01-02-13, 07:22 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the operation of the headlight washers. There might be a problem there.
Old 01-21-13, 09:39 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
Check the operation of the headlight washers. There might be a problem there.
Update: some how, when the weather is cold, and he is trying to wash the window, the headlight sprayers get activated at the same time and, half the time they stay up in an open position and keep on spraying after the lever for the windshield is released back, and sometimes they do not pop up, but still stay on, I assume they spray inside the bumper as I can hear the sound of the pump. So this is the weird part: Why the hell the headlight sprayers get activated with the windshield sprayer? After all, they have separate activation. The windshield is activated by the lever near the steering wheel and the one for the headlamps has a separate button near the radio. I saw his car today and pulled a fuse #5. This eliminated the operation of the lamp sprayers, and lit up a "window washer" light on the instrument cluster.
Does anyone know what might be happening and how to fix this properly? Or I just should help him remove the light-bulb from the cluster as well.

Thanks
Old 01-22-13, 08:10 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headlight spray will only work when the headlights are on. When lights are on and you wash the windshield the head light spray hits the first time than not again for awhile, I'm not sure how long it waits but it won't spray the next time you wash the windshield. The headlight wash button will spray every time you push when the lights are on.
Old 01-22-13, 03:42 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jgr7
The headlight spray will only work when the headlights are on. When lights are on and you wash the windshield the head light spray hits the first time than not again for awhile, I'm not sure how long it waits but it won't spray the next time you wash the windshield. The headlight wash button will spray every time you push when the lights are on.
Ok, I never noticed that before, till the headlight washer stopped shutting down after the lever release and kept going. So, why does it run constantly now?

Last edited by Globalinx; 01-22-13 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-31-13, 10:46 AM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Anyone?