RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Engine covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-12, 01:20 PM
andp409
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine covers

I am looking for the OEM part number for the plastic cover that goes over the passengers side of the engine bay on my 2004 rx330. The oil change guys threw it out when checking the power steering fluid.
Old 12-29-12, 02:01 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by andp409
I am looking for the OEM part number for the plastic cover that goes over the passengers side of the engine bay on my 2004 rx330. The oil change guys threw it out when checking the power steering fluid.
Welcome to Club Lexus, andp409.

I sure hope they are going to purchase you a new one. Believe what you are looking for is: 53795-0E010

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X330-2004.html

Some what of a poor image for this particular part. You can confirm by calling or visiting your local Lexus dealership and checking with the parts department. By supplying your VIN you can assure you get the right part number for your vehicle.

Do not forget about the push button clips:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2006/4413.html

Did you check underneath to see if they messed with the under body splash shields? Is the front one still in place?
Old 12-29-12, 02:28 PM
andp409
Driver School Candidate

Thanks
That is exactly what I need.
The link to Sewellparts is something every Lexus owner should know about.
Old 12-29-12, 02:36 PM
GadgetmanN
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I would be looking for a new place to get oil changes. I would doubt their ability to do the job correctly.
Old 12-29-12, 03:15 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Thanks
That is exactly what I need.
The link to Sewellparts is something every Lexus owner should know about.
Sewell Lexus is a long time supporter of Club Lexus. If you create an account online with them, be sure to select your membership with Club Lexus in the Forum Membership Information (Optional) section. Then, when you login and select the parts you want it will automatically show any additional discount you might receive as a member of CL. If you are not logged in you will see their normal pricing. You also need to login before adding anything to your basket.

BTW, you should consider going to a local Toyota dealership for your oil changes if you are going outside the Lexus dealership. Prices are less and coupons are sometimes available online, most have an Express Lube service to get you in and out quick, and as the engine is the same in the RX as in the V6 editions of the RAV4 and Highlander they have the filter in stock and they are less likely to screw things up.
Old 12-29-12, 03:23 PM
SaneEnch
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Welcome to Club Lexus, andp409.

I sure hope they are going to purchase you a new one. Believe what you are looking for is: 53795-0E010

Some what of a poor image for this particular part. You can confirm by calling or visiting your local Lexus dealership and checking with the parts department. By supplying your VIN you can assure you get the right part number for your vehicle.

Do not forget about the push button clips:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2006/4413.html

Did you check underneath to see if they messed with the under body splash shields? Is the front one still in place?

This place I used to go to throw away part of my bottom splash shield - just the cover for the engine oil tank. I been wondering in eBay for the part, but could only find the whole bottom cover for about $150. I didn't want to buy the whole thing.

Do you happen to know the part number for just the engine oil tank cover? Is it possible to just buy that piece only? Is it 'that' bad not having it? I had it gone for about 2 years now. I do regular washing of them bottom and definitly wash it after the snow and salt.

Thanks, I have a 2004 RX330.
Old 12-29-12, 03:44 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SaneEnch
This place I used to go to throw away part of my bottom splash shield - just the cover for the engine oil tank. I been wondering in eBay for the part, but could only find the whole bottom cover for about $150. I didn't want to buy the whole thing.

Do you happen to know the part number for just the engine oil tank cover? Is it possible to just buy that piece only? Is it 'that' bad not having it? I had it gone for about 2 years now. I do regular washing of them bottom and definitly wash it after the snow and salt.

Thanks, I have a 2004 RX330.
Makes a difference on this part if you have FWD or AWD. This is a start:

Only takes a few minutes in the Sewell system to find most any part you are looking to find. They even have some packages of common parts combinations all ready for you to add to your cart.

Does it make a difference not having this splash shield? Perhaps not. My thought is that Lexus put it on the vehicle for a reason so I try to take care of what I was given. Even the Lexus dealership I used was lax in putting all the clips and screws back on my RX over time. I have now assembled my own collection of clips and bolts and replaced all that was missing.
Old 12-30-12, 03:13 PM
cartman57
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lax Lexus dealer?? Say it ain't so.......maybe they know something the engineers don't by leaving pushpins and covers off. Nah, typical laziness, give them money for an incomplete job. They do have free coffee, water and wifi!
Old 12-31-12, 01:19 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cartman57
A lax Lexus dealer?? Say it ain't so.......maybe they know something the engineers don't by leaving pushpins and covers off. Nah, typical laziness, give them money for an incomplete job. They do have free coffee, water and wifi!
At the time I purchased my RX I was working long hours and had a lot going on otherwise that I did not pay much attention to the vehicle outside of taking it into the shop for its regular 5K visits and to put gas in it. At the time this was a short term purchase and any long time problem would belong to someone else. So, I was not concerned about the little details. I have other classics to which I would give my car time allocation.

Later, as I cut my schedule and commitments dramatically I took renewed interest in my RX and decided I would hold on to it for the long term. About this time I had given up on the dealership and started doing the few things it needed by myself. Was when I started to notice little things along the way which were not done right. Only reinforced my belief the quality at this dealership was lacking -- from sales to service... top to bottom. So, now I have a stash of clips and phosphate bolts.

Now, even though I have more time on my hands, time has caught up with me and so I now contract out much of these things. I started using Toyota as there was a shop near the club and they ran a shuttle there. However, I do not even get to the club much anymore so I looked around for other solutions as going there was an hour drive. The new shop I have been using is so customer oriented I have few fears of sloppy workmanship. I get to see and talk to the techs who actually work on my RX and can have a discussion on long term care issues. And yes, they do have free sodas, coffee and water along with free wi-fi. Nothing fancy, however, here is one vote for the little guys. I still do the air and cabin filters and other little things myself, however, the oil changes and such go there.
Old 12-31-12, 05:51 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

The underside covers are installed for a very good reason. For aerodynamics. Saves gas. 2 key parameters ring all over the auto world: Weight and CD.

Every single pound eliminated translate into higher MPG.

CD of 0.26 (as in Prius) is more of a norm than a wish nowadays. You might not even be aware, headlamps, side mirrors, your back end design are now at the mercy of the CD (Coeff of Drag).

Underside cladding lessens the CD. Wheels plush to the side panel means less drag. Your headlamps if designed well will split the air to compensate for the side mirror. Rears are more squarish and spoilers abound.

All about the MPG game.
Old 12-31-12, 06:29 AM
cartman57
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, honest independent shops are difficult to find, most are like the dealers, out to make the $$. The good ones are always busy but willing to take the time and new customers are welcome. Word of mouth is their best advertising.

After having both headlamp assemblies replaced under warranty from condensation issues, I looked at it and it had the top bolt missing on both sides holding it to the top support. I questioned the service advisor about it, his reply was 'it's on tight enough and doesn't need it', that was the last time the vehicle was at the dealer!!( I was able to have a free cup of coffee though as they were out of soda, the salespeople kept drinking them)
They still got paid from Lexus for the warranty work but failed to keep a customer.
Old 12-31-12, 09:31 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by cartman57
I agree, honest independent shops are difficult to find, most are like the dealers, out to make the $$. The good ones are always busy but willing to take the time and new customers are welcome. Word of mouth is their best advertising.

After having both headlamp assemblies replaced under warranty from condensation issues, I looked at it and it had the top bolt missing on both sides holding it to the top support. I questioned the service advisor about it, his reply was 'it's on tight enough and doesn't need it', that was the last time the vehicle was at the dealer!!( I was able to have a free cup of coffee though as they were out of soda, the salespeople kept drinking them)
They still got paid from Lexus for the warranty work but failed to keep a customer.
That sucks. A Lexus dealer not worthy.