RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2007 Rx400h - 225,900 miles - anyone has higher mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 02:55 AM
Bacteriaer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Rx400h - 225,900 miles - anyone has higher mileage?

Bought brand new June 2007, now 225,900 miles and still driving from Seattle to Houston once every few months. Anyone has higher mileage?
Old 12-23-12, 04:28 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Any repairs?
Old 12-23-12, 05:32 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A lady here from VA bought a used 330 with around 240,000 miles.
Old 12-23-12, 07:50 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

My RX400h has 123k...bought with 87k two years ago...Would be interested in what items have failied on yours. my only unusual failure was inverter cooling pump....
Old 12-23-12, 07:59 AM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Would also like to know about repairs
Old 12-23-12, 12:07 PM
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

Received 64 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got an 04 RX330 with 193 on it. Repaired starter, CV axle (fwd), Suspension linkages (ball joints tie rods etc), radiator fan motor, blower fan motor, timing belt.

Can;t remember much else.
Old 12-23-12, 06:01 PM
jbl-1985
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thomas1
My RX400h has 123k...bought with 87k two years ago...Would be interested in what items have failied on yours. my only unusual failure was inverter cooling pump....
Interesting. The inverter cooling pump failed on my Prius too, It was actually a recall that they fixed under warranty.
Old 12-30-12, 06:11 AM
toughlex21
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have 247,500 miles on my '04 330, which i bought brand new in oct 2003. Car still drives decent. I do have several issues however. Radiator leaks (this is the second one in the car. First was repaced under the extended warranty). CEL and VSC lights have been on for the past year. Was checked by the dealer who said it needs a catalytic converter (I dont think im going to replace it). Also i dislike the transmission in this car, sometimes it will be smooth and the next day shift rough. I did have the TSB done for shift enhancement years ago. It helped some but not perfect. When it shifts between 2nd-3rd and 3rd- 4th gears it feels like it gets hung up and you get a bucking sensation(not all the time however). yes i did have tranmission fluid replaced several times. Transmission has been that way from day 1!! Also dashbord rattle drives me nuts. ( has been issue since car was new) When car is very cold or hot it will not rattle but in between when car is warming up it will rattle like u would not believe. I drive aound with the heat on high just to make the rattle go away and i can stop for 5 minutes to say pump gas and start to drive again and it starts to rattle, i just dont get it. Im aware that there was a TSB for this but i decided against it because i have issues about my dash being ripped out and possibly getting damaged or making rattle worse. Just replaced front struts last month. I did replace timing belt and water pump at 142,000 miles so I was lucky but im done putting much more $ into this car. Other than complaints above it has been reliable. Oh also did replace 2 wheel bearings. I should also mention car still has original battery but I know Im playing with fire here . Also think rack and pinion are shot because if a wiggle the steering wheel back and forth when car is parked and not running , I can here a ratlle in steering mechanism. Looking to get through this winter and look for new ride. Maybe RX 450h or going to go with something different ? Jeep grand cherokee? Any rattles in newer rx's? Any recommendations?Please ask any question and I will try to answer for you. P.S I love this forum and visit daily!!!
Old 12-30-12, 07:52 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

@toughlex21 -- have had my RX just a little bit longer than yourself, however, have less than 2/5 the miles. Had the dash replaced when it cracked. Yes, it rattles more now than before. Dealer stuffed some foam insulation in between the windshield and the dash which helps, though it looks tacky.

Not a real fan of the 3rd Generation RX. Heavier, bigger, not as nimble, too much tech -- IMO. I know a lot want all the new tech gadgets, just do not think Lexus has gotten its act together to keep all that stuff trouble free for a decade. Have heard complaints on the new ones about rattles in the doors and panel fit. You can check over in the 3rd Generation forum here for more of those threads. If I had to get a different vehicle today I might look for a used low mileage '09 RX. Most all the bugs should have been worked out on that edition. Otherwise in the Lexus lineup the CT 200h is of interest as I do not stuff as many people or things into the RX and my life, so have been relying on other vehicles in my stable of late. A small FWD wagon would easily fill most needs. So, consider what you needs will be moving forward to help in your decision.

With your wheel bearing replacements and your comment about looking at a Jeep GC I might assume you have an AWD RX. Even with my travels to PA to the mountains and in the snow I have not needed AWD with my RX though I have owned a number of 4WD and AWD over the years. If I was looking for an AWD replacement I might be looking at a Mazda CX-5, however, it would have to be one of the upcoming 2014 with either of two engines not yet available. They have a new 2.5L gas and a 2.2L diesel coming. The current 2.0L is fuel efficient but just not powerful enough. If I was getting a new FWD I might be looking at the same. They seem to be light and nimble the way I like and do not have to have all the tech items.

Finally, if you are looking for a midsize luxury SUV to use just for a lease period there are plenty of choices. The standard warranties will cover most any problem. Once you start looking for something to hold on to for a decade like you have with your RX then the choices narrow. Standard repairs for most can quickly put a dent in one's wallet and can make Lexus repairs look cheap. Outside of Lexus the Acura MDX might be worth a look.

If I am not getting the full Lexus experience in the quality of the vehicle or from the dealership there are plenty of other vehicles to select from which can disappoint me for much less money. For now, my RX does not get driven all that much and I have a nice independent shop with a couple of mechanics quite familiar with Toyota/Lexus. They get their parts from WorldPac, so I am getting the same stuff the dealers get and at much lower service prices. They are also closer and I can actually talk to the techs who work on my vehicle -- and that is something I cannot do at the dealership. I do not get to even see the techs.