RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Toyota Extra Care warranty for Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 07:04 AM
hardimen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Extra Care warranty for Lexus?

I found this website that sells an "exclusionary" Lexus extended warranty for Lexus's bought thru a private party seller. The conditions are:

For RX330:
- vehicle must be 9 years or newer
- less than 70k miles

They claim it to be genuine Toyota warranty and will be recognized by both Lexus and Toyota. Another thing that I find quite disconcerting is the fact that they don't even inspect the vehicle at all! Is that normally how the process works? How can they take the risk of not inspecting a vehicle?

Anyway, they quoted me $3740 for a 5 year/60K warranty for my 05 LS430 with 78K miles and $2915 for 05 RX330 with 68K miles.

Here's the website:
http://falmouth-toyota.lexusextendedcarwarranty.com/

Here's the warranty details:
http://falmouth-toyota.lexusextended...e-platinum.pdf

Does anyone heard of this Toyota Dealer? Could this warranty be for real? If this is for real, are there any other toyota dealerships that can offer this same warranty for less?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-12, 08:56 AM
stevesxm
Rookie

Originally Posted by hardimen
I found this website that sells an "exclusionary" Lexus extended warranty for Lexus's bought thru a private party seller. The conditions are:

For RX330:
- vehicle must be 9 years or newer
- less than 70k miles

They claim it to be genuine Toyota warranty and will be recognized by both Lexus and Toyota. Another thing that I find quite disconcerting is the fact that they don't even inspect the vehicle at all! Is that normally how the process works? How can they take the risk of not inspecting a vehicle?

Anyway, they quoted me $3740 for a 5 year/60K warranty for my 05 LS430 with 78K miles and $2915 for 05 RX330 with 68K miles.

Here's the website:
http://falmouth-toyota.lexusextendedcarwarranty.com/

Here's the warranty details:
http://falmouth-toyota.lexusextended...e-platinum.pdf

Does anyone heard of this Toyota Dealer? Could this warranty be for real? If this is for real, are there any other toyota dealerships that can offer this same warranty for less?

Thanks.
like all things like this, you have two things to coinsider:

1) what exactly will they cover item for item and the value for it ( " we will repair or replace your transmission at our discrection, at a prorated value to 100 $ per 1000 miles less than a LKQ version would cost to purchase commercially " ) which means they give you 250 $ for a 2500 $ transmission and tell you to go get one out of a junk yard ...

2) what they require " in order to maintain this warranty your car must be presented for designated service at precise intervals as defined elsewhere " ... THIS means they give you a series of inpections and maintainance work that MUST be done at your expense or they will decline coverage.

beyond that , remember the definition of insurance policy and that is " it is the license to sue your insurance company when they refuse to pay" .

i never had a single client that bought extended warranties on anything that ever got a settlement that was worth the premium. there was always an excuse or disclaimer or exclusion somewhere that let the company off the hook and, of course, by the time you sued them, you spent more than you got back.

in my opinion, you are better off spending that money on frequent oil changes and good honest basic routine maintainance... and the hard parts of the car should last a long time. the bells and whistles parts are a problem all unto themselves and you might ask them that question directly ...

" gee my 1000 $ sunglass holder is broken... do you cover that "
Old 10-07-12, 03:24 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus extra care and Toyota extra care are the same independent company. They also do it for many other cars. you can buy "Lexus extra care" for audi, bmws, toyotas, and many others. If it's the real toyota extra care...it's not a bad deal at all. Just make sure it's the real one.....the same one that covers the certified pre-owned cars.

If it is, just make sure you know what you're buying. there are many different plans and coverages.
Old 10-07-12, 09:21 PM
hardimen
Rookie

The toyota dealer claims that it is a genuine "Toyota Extra Care Platinum" plan. It is exclusionary and only the following are excluded:

ITEMS NOT COVERED
Accessory Drive Belts; Batteries; Body Panels; Brake Linings, Pads and Shoes, Rotors and Drums; Bumpers; Carpet; Chrome; Clutch Friction Disc and Pressure Plate; Dash Cover and Pad; Door Trim, Handles, and Fabric; Filters; Fluids; Glass (including Windshields); Headliner; Heating Hoses, Lines and Tubes; Hinges; Hoses; Hybrid Vehicle Battery Pack; Hybrid Vehicle Battery Plug Assembly; Hybrid Vehicle Relay Assembly; Hybrid Vehicle Supply Battery Assembly; Interior and Exterior Trim Moldings, including but not limited to Ashtrays, Covers, Cup Holders, and Vents; Lamps (Back-up, Fog Light, Side Marker, and Turn Signal Light Assemblies); Light Bulbs; Nuts, Bolts, Clips, Retainers, and Fasteners; Paint; Rust and Corrosion Damage; Seat Covers; Sheet Metals; Shiny Metals; Spark Plugs; Structural Framework and Welds; Tires; Vacuum Hoses, Lines and Tubes; Weather Stripping; Wheels and Rims; Windshield Wiper Blades (Rubber component)

My main concern is the electrical/computer controlled components of the vehicle.

I will try to get one for my LS and if it turns out to be genuine then I will probably get one for the RX also.
Old 10-08-12, 07:38 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Another thing that I find quite disconcerting is the fact that they don't even inspect the vehicle at all! Is that normally how the process works?
That's how it worked for the past 3 that I've purchased -- all from different makes.

If this is for real, are there any other toyota dealerships that can offer this same warranty for less?
There are prior threads on extended warranties that you can refer to for options. I used them to purchase through Jerry Johnson @ Midwest Toyota.
Old 10-09-12, 11:19 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the extended warranty for the IS from the lexus dealer in the east coast....