RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Proud new Owner of an 05 RX330

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 01:49 PM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new Owner of an 05 RX330

Hello everyone! Loving every moment so far with it. Runs great, strong, and the ride is so smooth even though it has some miles on it.

I have actually been a member of this forum for awhile as I originally had a 99 RX 300 that I traded in for the 330 but havent been too active. I thought I should officially introduce myself with a post as the info from this forum has help me through some DIYs and diagnose some issues. Most recent that occured was last night my AFS Off light started to blink. With the help of the forum I am able to pinpoint the most likely problem on the sensor located at the rear passenger wheel side. I will probably go through the cleaning procedure first to see if that will fix it before I go ahead and just replace the part. I'm hoping cleaning it will resolve the issue as it seems the part is approximately $400. Not a big deal as I dont even notice if the lights are facing too low or not. What I do notice is the lights do not adjust while turning which dont bother me either as none of my previous cars ever had this feature. The only bothersome thing is the AFS OFF light just flashing constantly.

Anyways, I got a great deal on this car and it was just too good to pass up. A 2005 RX 330 80K miles for $14,500 OTD and the color combo I wanted. A 1 owner, no accidents, every possible service you can think of done at a lexus dealership(latest one being a 75k service), fully loaded, 18" rims, etc... My wife and I came into the dealership not really expecting to purchase, honestly making the negotiations much easier. I had a number in my head and told myself if it wasn't even close we would just get up and leave as I took into account the neccessary maintenance costs in the future it may need. I did my research beforehand. We probably got up about 4 times ready to leave and the sales rep would quickly get up and tell us to hold on and would come back with a slightly lower price. On the 4th time the manager came back and we settled on that number which I believe is a great price.

Sorry for the long post, but I had such a great experience already with the car from point of purchase I wanted to share. Anyways, here are some pictures I stole from the dealership on my phone. Sorry for the poor quality as I haven't had time to take my own yet but it is pretty clean with minor scratches as expected being a black car which you can only really see it if your up close. As long as there were no dents or rust. And the interior is immaculate as if no one had ever sat in it.

Last edited by NoRawkus; 05-16-12 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 02:13 PM
dcdyd
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulation of the purchase. You got a very good deal!
Old 05-16-12, 02:22 PM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Thanks. I have been enjoying the ride so much these past week I have owned it.
Old 05-16-12, 02:45 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the 2RX world!
Old 05-16-12, 07:02 PM
bagsbie
Driver

very good deal on a beautiful car, indeed! enjoy!
Old 05-17-12, 01:48 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great buy! Could not for the life of me find a black on black with navi when looking for my RX. Congratulations.!
Old 05-17-12, 03:57 AM
DixieLex
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looks just like my kid's

very nice, you're gonna enjoy it.
Old 05-17-12, 11:38 AM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Originally Posted by infinirx
Great buy! Could not for the life of me find a black on black with navi when looking for my RX. Congratulations.!
I was looking for almost a month before I found this one. Some of the things I wanted besides the color combo was it had to have NAVI, HIDs, and mileage closer to the 70-80k range. This one just hit all those wants. Last thing to do was see it and make sure it was in good working order. There were soooo many 330s that didnt have HIDs or Navi or both for that matter. I dont know, I feel like for a vehicle like this, it needs to have both of those just to complete the luxurious feel of this car. Just my .02. Anyways, thanks again. On a side note, my AFS OFF light stopped blinking. Hopefully it stays that way now.
Old 05-19-12, 02:47 PM
RockfordRX
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up Congrats!

NoRawkus,
congrats on your new RX! I actually saw this one listed on cars.com when I was browsing the site.
I too just bought a silver RX330 AWD from Lexus of Peoria and quite happy with purchase! California car with no rust, has towing package, I-pod connector and chrome lexus wheels (not a big fan of those especially in Midwest with salt on the roads during winter months - will be getting a set of winter wheels).
I just did a complete brake job on it - ordered front and rear rotors from tirerack.com and bought premium ceramic pads from autozone ( came with hardware and lube in one box!).
Where are you located? I'm in Rockford.
Old 05-20-12, 01:55 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Grats to you.
Old 05-22-12, 09:49 AM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Originally Posted by RockfordRX
NoRawkus,
congrats on your new RX! I actually saw this one listed on cars.com when I was browsing the site.
I too just bought a silver RX330 AWD from Lexus of Peoria and quite happy with purchase! California car with no rust, has towing package, I-pod connector and chrome lexus wheels (not a big fan of those especially in Midwest with salt on the roads during winter months - will be getting a set of winter wheels).
I just did a complete brake job on it - ordered front and rear rotors from tirerack.com and bought premium ceramic pads from autozone ( came with hardware and lube in one box!).
Where are you located? I'm in Rockford.
Congrats to you too. Luckily I jumped on this vehicle before you did. LOL . That's awesome how yours came with a tow package. I could definitely use that. As I was looking into the service history with my vehicle, they actually just did a full brake/rotor change at the 75k mark so I got pretty lucky with that. My tires do need a change but I think I will hold off until fall to prepare for the winter months. I live in the west suburban side of Chicago, city is Addison, IL.
Old 05-22-12, 09:39 PM
RockfordRX
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Sweet! Keep in touch!
Old 05-24-12, 09:01 AM
yakitori
Driver School Candidate

congrats.

I recommend changing your pcv valve/filters/fluids etc if you did not get a maintenance record from previous owners.

I just did the same thing with an 06 with 53k miles on it. I paid a bit more than you though.
Old 06-18-12, 12:28 PM
kendunk21
Driver School Candidate

Awesome, I too am considering purchasing a 2004 rx330 with ~80k miles. My wifey didnt like my LX470 so I sold it to make room for a smaller SUV for her. May I ask how much your dealers were originally asking for?

Also what would you guys get for the same price?
A 2008 CRV LX with 40k miles or 2004 RX330 with 80k miles?
I know the cars are way different but the wifey just wants a car to shuttle the 3 kids around and run local errands. Personally I want to get a RX330, but logically speaking my brain is saying to get a newer car with less miles...sigh.
Old 06-18-12, 01:06 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kendunk21
Awesome, I too am considering purchasing a 2004 rx330 with ~80k miles. My wifey didnt like my LX470 so I sold it to make room for a smaller SUV for her. May I ask how much your dealers were originally asking for?

Also what would you guys get for the same price?
A 2008 CRV LX with 40k miles or 2004 RX330 with 80k miles?
I know the cars are way different but the wifey just wants a car to shuttle the 3 kids around and run local errands. Personally I want to get a RX330, but logically speaking my brain is saying to get a newer car with less miles...sigh.
A great deal of RX330 owners get rid of their ride before 90K miles due to the expense of that servicing, namely the water pump and timing belt change. If the vehicle(s) you look at have not had that done be aware of the expense involved. The RX350 has a timing chain, so you would only be looking at a water pump whenever that fails.

Quick Reply: Proud new Owner of an 05 RX330