RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

60,000 service cost

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 10:39 AM
dman00001
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the 60k service done by a good Lexus dealer in Atlanta and it was $450... I recently paid over $600 from another Lexus dealer on my ES350 before I heard of this one. Needless to say I won't be going to the other dealer from now on.
Old 04-08-14, 05:10 PM
Felixgsr
Driver School Candidate

I just finished a phone call with the service department regarding the 60k mile service and they said $850 plus taxes

besides the brake fluid flush, transmission flush and i guess the hybrid battery coolant gets flushed as well, filters, tire rotation and visual inspections,

seems a bit expensive, what are your thoughts ?
Old 04-08-14, 06:29 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Felixgsr
I just finished a phone call with the service department regarding the 60k mile service and they said $850 plus taxes

besides the brake fluid flush, transmission flush and i guess the hybrid battery coolant gets flushed as well, filters, tire rotation and visual inspections,

Welcome to Club Lexus, Felixgsr.

Depending on all they were looking to perform, yes this is probably a bit on the high side. You do need to keep in mind that you were probably also getting a loaner vehicle while yours was in the shop along with a free car wash. Still, much of the 60K service beyond the oil change and filter changes is checking items instead of performing any real work. You can go here to find out what is normally covered in the 60K mile service, along with checking your Owner's Manual:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce-schedule.do

Items such as the key fob batteries and the air conditioning filter can easily be replaced by yourself. If you have another Lexus dealership in your area you can check with them, or you can check with your local Toyota dealership to see if they are willing to service your hybrid. Not all will, but many can and will perform the same work as Lexus for much less.

Finally, going forward you will probably find more information and answers to your questions and/or problems in either the 3rd Generation RX or 3rd Generation RX Hybrid forums for where your 2010 RX450h

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...eneration-212/

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology-213/
Old 04-08-14, 09:06 PM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Felixgsr

If it is the hybrid, ask for a drain and fill on the transmission, and the hybrid coolant should not be changed for 100k miles or 5 years. The brake flush would be good, and at any Toyota dealership is only $130 (requires Toyota scan tool for the flush). The fluids for the Transmissions (AWD) would take about 5 quarts of WS fluid at $10 per quart. Filter (air and cabin filter) should be less than $60. These are for the parts. The brakes would be labor and fluid.
Old 04-11-14, 04:18 PM
RX3302004
Pole Position

I'm not very handy on vehicles, but the cabin and engine air filter swaps are easy. Look at Youtube for videos if you need to.
Old 04-11-14, 11:43 PM
Kram
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Which reminds me my 60K is coming up.

1. My brake fluid is good.
2. I have a prescribed tire rotation sked already.
3. Cabin and Engine Air Filters were recently replaced.
4. I am not due for an oil change yet.

So I just have to wait.

However I am beginning to fell as slight shimmy when applying the brakes...maybe time to turn rotors. Scheduled on next inspection.
If you need to turn your rotors I have found that you can buy new slotted and drilled rotors with creamic pads for under 200.00 as a kit. I just did after haveing my right front rotor turned twice in 56,000.0 miles and the brakes work so go- you do need to follow the brake in to have the best out come.also if you want to know who much pad is still on the shoes just look t the fuild level if down right you should never have to replace or add fuild to the master cilinder just use the max / min and when you reach min that is when you need to address brake issues
Old 04-20-14, 09:12 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm at 58K right now and will call around to see how much the 60K service is in my area.

I'm thinking of just going to a local shop and have the brake fluid drained, flush the coolant and replace with Toyota Life Long Coolant. I just don't know how much coolant to bring with me. I may also have them do a trany drain and fill also. Does anyone know if the rear differential takes the same ATF WS fluid and if so how much?
Old 04-21-14, 05:49 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
I'm at 58K right now and will call around to see how much the 60K service is in my area.

I'm thinking of just going to a local shop and have the brake fluid drained, flush the coolant and replace with Toyota Life Long Coolant. I just don't know how much coolant to bring with me. I may also have them do a trany drain and fill also. Does anyone know if the rear differential takes the same ATF WS fluid and if so how much?
Everything you need is right in your Owner's Manual in regards to fluid types and capacities.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_06-01.pdf

Typically, you will need at least 1 gallon of unmixed coolant as the system is just over 2 gallons.

The front transfer case and rear differential use a gear oil. A Mobil 1 75W90 will suffice. 1QT for each.
Old 04-22-14, 08:45 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

I live in NYC and been calling dealerships that do not have the price for the 60,000 mile service on their website.

Manhattan (or New York, NY) $995+Tax besides what's listed in the manual, this includes changing spark plugs and the PCV valve. I thought it was kinda strange to change plugs at 60K but that's their price.

Lawrence, NJ - has 2 prices. $817 for Lawrence 60K service $355 for the Factory recommended service. The comparison and prices are on their website but the only difference I see is that they replace the fuel cap, drive belts and provide a fuel additive.
http://www.lawrencelexus.com/?http:/...lerLogin=false

Bridgewater, NJ - 510.07

Englewood, NJ - 492.18
Old 04-22-14, 09:42 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have noticed on this forum a pattern of NYC dealerships doing unnecessary work and inflated prices. The spark plugs on your RX are not scheduled for replacement until 120k miles. I have also read on this forum that Toyota dealerships in NYC will not work on Lexus. Maybe both owned by the same company? I would take that little trip to NJ.
Old 04-22-14, 09:54 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

One of the forum moderators here at CL, Anita (kitlz), uses Lexus of Bridgewater. Has a female service writer who works with her to make sure no unnecessary work is done. Anita has nothing but good things to say about this dealership.
Old 04-22-14, 11:10 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Just for kicks oops I mean informational purposes and research, I've decided to call one more place in NYC since the prices were not listed on their website.

This is Bay Ridge - Brooklyn, NY

$995.00 with Spark Plugs changed and now having a special offering free interior detailing.
$545 -$595 with out changing spark plugs. (They would need to inspect the vehicle to determine the actual cost)
Old 04-22-14, 11:26 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Rainbird and RX330inFL, needless to say, I will be going across state lines to have this service done.

I think these prices are outrageous compared to other places and other states along with the inflated work. I understand that they have to make money, but not off of my dime.

I have went to one Toyota dealership in NJ and they tried to pad the bill as well, telling me that I needed work that I didn't need. I couldn't believe I was arguing with the service writer insisting that I needed a belt changed. He said well take it to Lexus, we're Toyota, we can't see their information and our parts are not guaranteed to work in your Lexus. I know it's the same company but it's different. I know he was having a bad day, but that was not my issue and I did not return. Sure enough I went back to Lexus and that same belt was fine.
Old 10-22-14, 09:33 AM
Bgllver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by banjo
WOW...How can they charge more than twice as much than here in Texas...The manual says what the 60,000 consist of...Looks like Lexus would have a say on what a dealer can charge..Would find another dealer even if long drive..
Westside Lexus in Houston gave me a long list of things they say my car (2010 Rx350) needs done at 60k to keep it running at "optimal" performance. Individual prices are not given but the total price for all on the list would be $1247.25.
Old 10-22-14, 09:58 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgllver
Westside Lexus in Houston gave me a long list of things they say my car (2010 Rx350) needs done at 60k to keep it running at "optimal" performance. Individual prices are not given but the total price for all on the list would be $1247.25.
The 2010 RX350 is a third generation model. I would think there would not be any major or additional services compared to our second generation model. Maybe you could post as to what services they would do at 60K for that price?

Quick Reply: 60,000 service cost