RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-15, 01:07 AM
rns
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgmonkey

Toyota japan oe badge set
Nice Do you plan to do the front badge too?
For front grille emblem/badge you can get either Harrier or Toyota logo. You can do both with Rx350 grill. For Rx400h to have Toyota emblem, you must replace the grille too.

Last edited by rns; 07-09-15 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-09-15, 01:14 AM
Jgmonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rns
Nice Do you plan to do the front badge too?
For front grille emblem/badge you can get either Harrier or Toyota logo. You can do both with Rx350 grill. For Rx400h to have Toyota emblem, you must replace the grille too.

I have the front harrier badge but still trying to decide on the grille I want. It's either the grazio & Co grille or the thundwrcloud grille. I like it horizontal haha
Old 07-09-15, 03:44 AM
rns
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgmonkey
I have the front harrier badge but still trying to decide on the grille I want. It's either the grazio & Co grille or the thundwrcloud grille. I like it horizontal haha
I've looked these too but I think not for me
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/jackethous...940099107004f/
If having spare money I would invest into Rays gramlights
Old 08-07-15, 09:21 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Discovered transfer case is leaking, dropped it off at dealer for diagnosis. 4 months out of warranty, I'll be asking for some goodwill assistance on this one.
Old 08-12-15, 05:07 AM
UCF3
Rookie

Originally Posted by NVAKeith
Discovered transfer case is leaking, dropped it off at dealer for diagnosis. 4 months out of warranty, I'll be asking for some goodwill assistance on this one.
Sorry to hear about the leak. hope they honor the warranty claim.
Old 08-23-15, 06:37 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Follow up:

Dealer confirmed case was leaking and diagnosis revealed metal shavings on drain plug magnet suggesting transfer case was damaged by low fluid. Replacement quote was $5800. Requested goodwill assistance from Lexus; was granted parts only. So I paid labor ~$1950 and they put us in a rental for a few days. No complaints! Car has had every oil change at dealer since it was new, I suspect that helped with the goodwill determination.
Old 08-25-15, 06:54 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Follow up:

Dealer confirmed case was leaking and diagnosis revealed metal shavings on drain plug magnet suggesting transfer case was damaged by low fluid. Replacement quote was $5800. Requested goodwill assistance from Lexus; was granted parts only. So I paid labor ~$1950 and they put us in a rental for a few days. No complaints! Car has had every oil change at dealer since it was new, I suspect that helped with the goodwill determination.
Cograts, good solution.
Old 10-01-15, 04:58 PM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Led install on bottom bumper nice insert for them to fit right in. Powered them into the Drls. Disconnected drl bulb. Also plastic dip Lexus emblem anthracite gray.
Attached Thumbnails The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-photo920.jpg  
Old 10-16-15, 06:19 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Here's another! Aftermarket navi install.
Attached Thumbnails The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-photo831.jpg  

Last edited by Ants350; 10-16-15 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-16-15, 06:25 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ants350
Led install on bottom bumper nice insert for them to fit right in. Powered them into the Drls. Disconnected drl bulb. Also plastic dip Lexus emblem anthracite gray.
Neat one question I have re: the DRL's. The Australian models do not have DRL's "installed". I have checked in the engine bay fuse box and noted that the fuse block that would ordinarily sit in the DRL spot is empty. Could I feasibly add the DRL block in and DRL's would work? Where is the DRL bulb? I want to add DRL's but need to plug into something. If it's on the car, then why not use existing wiring
Old 10-16-15, 07:30 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Well on my car the Drls are the fog lights. Same bulb.
Old 10-16-15, 11:47 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The DRLs on these cars is normally the high beam at a lower intensity (so they don't blind drivers). There are two relays that control the DRLs. One relay that turns on the power to the DRL and a second relay that changes the wiring of the highbeams. When the second relay is off, the high beams are wired in parallel so that each bulb lights up at full intensity....When the second relay turns on, the wiring of the high beam switches so that the bulbs are wired in series and the bulbs light up at half the intensity. So the idea of adding the relays may work but it would probably be a more difficult project than just simply plugging it in. My suggestion would be to either wire your fog lights to be the DRLs or by an LED light bar to put in the slot on the lower bumper. Super Bright LEDs sells a nice one that is actually bright enough to be seen during the day and dims at night so that it doesn't blind other drivers.
Old 12-17-15, 08:07 AM
anniemcq
Driver School Candidate

Question Wood dash kits?

Just bought a 2015 RX350 to replace my 2005 RX330 (which is now the "kid" car for my college student). Obsidian with Saddle Tan and Espresso Walnut trim. I'm thrilled with most things, but I'm disappointed that there is a lot less wood trim than there was in the 2005 version.

I'm wondering if anyone has put on additional wood trim using one of the dash kits available from Sherwood, B&I, or Remin, to add wood to additional areas. Sherwood and B&I claim to color match; Remin has many colors and will send samples. All have the option of real wood. Love to hear from anyone who has used these products.

Thanks!
Annie
Old 02-28-16, 05:53 PM
jdmRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,

Been browsing the forums for a while, just joined.
2008 Lexus RX350 - Mods include:
- Rojam iRT Version 1 Front and Rear skirts
- Rojam DTM quad exhaust
- Tanabe NF210 lowering springs (planning to sell once I can post in the classifieds )
- EagleEyes smoked LED tail lamps

Old 02-28-16, 06:27 PM
left123
Driver School Candidate

I did two things to my (wife's) RX350 today:

1.) Changed out my rear hatch rubber opening switch (part # 84840-21010) as it had melted and was not functioning consistently. Very easy DIY (linked here) and with great results.

2.) Fixed TPMS light that was plaguing me by finally inflating the spare to the correct pressure. Somehow I forgot it also had a TPMS sensor. Silly me.

Now I need to figure out how to keep the winshield wipers from squeaking so badly (with multiple brands/types of wipers).

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)