RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-14, 03:14 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I did cut open the light to change the LED...But I don't remember the size. That was one of the first mods I did when I bought the car. I couldn't stand the amber. If you don't want to cut anything open...the later RXs changed the scuff plate lights to blue. You could buy some of those. But that definitely wouldn't be cheap.
Old 05-29-14, 06:14 PM
JProdun
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock LED bulbs in there are 3mm, but people used 5mm and those fit just fine.
Old 05-30-14, 10:04 AM
chuckbass
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the responses and info. Maybe I'll give it another try, as the amber irritates me!
Old 05-30-14, 08:23 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

Hey, fellow Rexes! Just wanted to share with you all that I replaced my suspension with KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers. It was a huge pain, though, because I knew I had some suspension damage in the rear, but never imagined that it was so bad. I hit a pothole a few weeks ago and my rear suspension gave out. I thought I blew a seal, but when I raised my car up, that side wheel didn't lift off of the ground. The strut had broken off completely from the mount and the only thing that held the car together was the weight of the car against the spring. And to make things even better, I found today that some ill-trained mechanic had bent out the fold on either side of my left-side rear pinch weld. I can't even think of who could have done it, but it is so. Does anybody know if something like that is repairable?
Old 05-30-14, 08:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS350S
Hey! Thats me!
You should start a thread, its beautiful.
Old 06-02-14, 01:46 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

My weekend project was installing Dynamat to my car. Bought the Xtreme Bulk Pack (36 Sq. Ft.) online for $150.00 and it was well worth it. It was enough to do all four doors, the tailgate, and under the cargo floor board. It is amazing how much quieter my car is on rough roads and I am especially surprised how much quieter the engine is when accelerating. It also really brings out the bass and mid in the audio. I am going to buy a little more to do the underside of the hood too.

I will definitely be installing that stuff in every car I own from here out.

Old 06-09-14, 08:52 AM
Hajoca
Driver School Candidate

Passenger rear hub bearing assembly repalced.
Long pipe. Big hammer. Kroil.
I hate rust.
Old 06-13-14, 07:39 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

An update about the signal mirrors I installed. We had our first rain since I installed them and the signals filled with water. Probably my own fault for getting the cheaper mirrors off Ebay. I will have to wait a few months to buy new ones, as all my money is going to vacations the next few month. But anyone have ideas of what signal mirrors to buy? I was wondering if the mirror covers from the Rav4 or the new 4runner would fit on RX.
Old 06-14-14, 08:04 AM
lexusAU
Driver School Candidate

Smile New High Quality Lexus Style Mirrors...but kinda expensive tho

Originally Posted by jakenbake
An update about the signal mirrors I installed. We had our first rain since I installed them and the signals filled with water. Probably my own fault for getting the cheaper mirrors off Ebay. I will have to wait a few months to buy new ones, as all my money is going to vacations the next few month. But anyone have ideas of what signal mirrors to buy? I was wondering if the mirror covers from the Rav4 or the new 4runner would fit on RX.
I was going to buy these "JZSDivision ", Mirrors for the RX : (They look OEM!)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEXUS-RX3...b4eb466&_uhb=1

But i never got around to it,.. i still want to buy them, but service is due soon, etc so ill have to save and get them later,
if only they were $100 or so cheaper! i would buy em!,, the quality looks Top notch!
IMO they are the best looking Aftermarket mirrors for the RX i could find, they come pre-painted in Black, White or Silver.

Have u seen these before/ seen them fitted to a 2nd Gen RX?

Last edited by lexusAU; 06-14-14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-14-14, 08:07 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Those look amazing. I want them so bad. These were the ones I was thinking about getting...But yours look way better.
Old 06-17-14, 07:24 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Last couple of weeks, reduced the tail gate open volume by 50%.
Old 06-17-14, 02:13 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Well my additions seem just downright pathetic after seeing what some of you have done lmbo. I installed an Optima Red Top battery last weekend and awhile back I recovered my worn armrests with real leather slips on's I bought from somewhere on Ebay. Also a few years ago I put a wood look cover on the two front vents nearest each front door and covered the door hande surrounds with a similar wood look cover. Nothing major but it does add a different look to the interior that looks factory to the untrained eye.

Anyway Jakenbake I have been seriously considering dynamating my RX as well since its not a quiet as I'd like it to be. How hard was the job and how long did it take you?
Old 06-20-14, 08:37 PM
LeUsX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myw
very HAWT!
Nice job with the installs
Old 06-27-14, 04:49 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

The Dynamat wasn't too hard. Just a little time consuming with unclipping all the wiring harnesses on the doors. Probably took me 5 hours to instal on all five doors, hood, and rear floor board. I wouldn't bother doing the hood...It didn't make a difference.
Old 07-09-14, 04:28 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

So I had mentioned that one of the signal mirrors I bought has a leak in the light. Well, I got replacements and now I have two extra mirror covers. I would rather not have the other ones be a total loss since they are only a couple months old so if anyone wants to buy a couple of signal mirrors for cheap and thinks they can reseal the light, let me know. I paid $170 for them and an extra $150 to have them painted black so I was hoping to get a $100 for them. If you are interested, let me know.

PS....Sorry the mirrors are dirty and have a couple bugs on them in the last picture. Haven't had time to clean them up yet.

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)