RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Old 08-29-11, 04:38 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that is cheap.. okay, if i were paying $43 for 5 qts i'd be putting in my RX too. We get ripped in Australia.. it's more like $100.
Old 08-29-11, 04:52 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiefied
Damn that is cheap.. okay, if i were paying $43 for 5 qts i'd be putting in my RX too. We get ripped in Australia.. it's more like $100.
Really? I wonder why the price is so much more out there?
Old 08-29-11, 05:14 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Price of oil... like pumping gas at the service station, costs us quite a deal more than in say the USA.. also applies to motor oil too. I remember Mobil 1 used to cost us $50 per 5L but has recently skyrocketed to around $80.
Old 08-29-11, 06:47 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Howiefied
Price of oil... like pumping gas at the service station, costs us quite a deal more than in say the USA.. also applies to motor oil too. I remember Mobil 1 used to cost us $50 per 5L but has recently skyrocketed to around $80.
But it's fully synthetic. Sigh.... so no big oil well in Australia?
Old 08-29-11, 06:57 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Exactly it's a fully synthetic product, but still tied to the price of oil. There are big wells in Australia, but most of it is exported to other countries and refined there. Actually the majority of Australian resources go overseas.. given Australia has the largest mineral reserves in the world, it's pretty sad to see it is not spread evenly amoung it's citizens. Resource companies here just keep making superprofits and any attempts to tax them is met with fierce resistance by aggressive political campaigns.

Sorry for going off topic LOL
Old 09-08-11, 04:55 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Just left the muffler shop.........
Old 09-08-11, 05:17 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

what'd you get done?

Gone to get some tyres for my new rims tomorrow
Old 09-08-11, 05:21 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Mid muffler change out to magnaflow. It's literally 5x smaller and you can see straight through it. The oem is a snake and it's huge. I will post pics and vids with details when I can. On the iPad now waiting for a haircut.
Old 09-08-11, 06:29 PM
Sandhopper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had both front windows tinted... Looks better but feels great not being cooked by the sun during my daily drive...
Old 09-08-11, 11:13 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sandhopper
Had both front windows tinted... Looks better but feels great not being cooked by the sun during my daily drive...
I love the fronts tinted. So much cooler in the car as well. What percent did you get??

Some vids I am looking at now for the mid muffler magnaflow change I had done today. I will post when I decide the best ones. Not a big fan of the sound, and my interior feels it allot due to it being right under the mid section almost. But dam I loving the boost. I feel like I raised sails on a ship and caught the wind.

Last edited by infinirx; 09-09-11 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 12:18 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

One thing that was very cool about this place was I forgot my old OEM exhaust and he still had it there after so many months. Told me he figured I would come back for it one day lol!

I swear the OEM dwarfs the Magnaflow resonator. Plus you can see straight through the resonator and the OEM is just BLACK inside.

I was so nervous....

Ok here are a couple of vids. Both rear and mid exhaust are changed to Magnaflow.
http://youtu.be/3DNJel9nbC8?hd=1

Sound just does not really relay what my ears and my interior are experiencing lol.
http://youtu.be/s5VYlYjvEbo?hd=1

I will say this. I will NOT punch the gas anywhere near a cop. It's not that it's loud. But you can feel it's there big time. It idles allot more truck sounding now hahaha

PS: Holy cow I just watched the video with my sony base headphones...... Ok the sound is pretty on point. But you gotta have decent base on your speakers lol!

Last edited by infinirx; 09-09-11 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 09:25 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow Tim, that's tempting! Is there any drone at any speed? What is it like cruising at 70? I'll bet between your Weapon R and the Magnaflows, your fun factor is charting up with a bullet.
Old 09-09-11, 11:45 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

What do you mean by "Drone"? I am having fun yes. I actually really underestimated the gains. I hit 80 and did not know it. A couple of times I got scared cause I was coming up on cars way too fast.

I will be very careful around cops but I think no one can really hide this.
Old 09-09-11, 12:57 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Would you have used a larger, more restrictive resonator if you had to do it over? Drone is loud cabin noise at a certain speed (it varies) from poor harmonics. If you had experienced it you would know it.
Old 09-09-11, 01:22 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

I posted about the interior sound if that's what you mean? Heh most of anything under 70mph?!? lol!

I can't say yet. I need about a week with it and I will let you know in terms of if I would do anything different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)