RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 09:03 PM
sparkplugg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't take any pics, but would be glad to speak with anyone wanting to do the rack and pinion. Found the haynes book to be very helpful.
Old 12-02-13, 09:21 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkplugg
Bought an 06 Rx330 with 66K 10 days ago. I noticed oil on the driveway shortly after getting it home. Ended up changing the rack and pinion and outer tie rods. Had a bunch of warning lights going off in the dash so changed the brake light switch. Front brake pads were to the bottom so changed them. Had new tires installed--Bridgestone Alenzas, which I found I like-fairly quiet ride. After alignment, oil change and got a transmission flush with BG treatment, the car is driving awsome. That rack and pinion was a SOB. Don't wish that one on anyone and hope the Cardone rebuilt unit holds up and is worth the 550 bucks.
A belated welcome to Club Lexus, sparkplugg. Sounds like you did not get away with just the new seal kit and had to replace the whole rack. Looks like you have everything well taken care of there and you should hopefully be good to go for awhile now. Good luck with your purchase.

I have been running a set of Bridgestone Alenzas on my FWD 2004 RX330 for some 50K miles now. Others had posted about how they got noisier as they wore, however, I have no complaints about mine. Have done me well in my travels up and down the east coast and even the snow along the back roads of PA. When it comes time for me to replace I wouldn't pick them again as they are old technology and there are some other good choices out there, however, I would not talk anyone out of purchasing them either. Now, if they were to give me a really good deal I would not hesitate to put another set on my RX.
Old 12-03-13, 05:57 PM
sparkplugg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
A belated welcome to Club Lexus, sparkplugg. Sounds like you did not get away with just the new seal kit and had to replace the whole rack. Looks like you have everything well taken care of there and you should hopefully be good to go for awhile now. Good luck with your purchase.

I have been running a set of Bridgestone Alenzas on my FWD 2004 RX330 for some 50K miles now. Others had posted about how they got noisier as they wore, however, I have no complaints about mine. Have done me well in my travels up and down the east coast and even the snow along the back roads of PA. When it comes time for me to replace I wouldn't pick them again as they are old technology and there are some other good choices out there, however, I would not talk anyone out of purchasing them either. Now, if they were to give me a really good deal I would not hesitate to put another set on my RX.

Thanks for the welcome, RX330inFL.No I diidn't get away with just changing outer seals. Boy was I in for a surprise when I realized what I was looking at and knew what really needed to be done. I had the car on stands for a few days and took my time--best to rest and restart these things when you're fresh again. I appreciate the comments about your experience with the Alenzas. I hope my luck is as good as yours. I have found this site to be very helpful. Thanks again for the welcome.

I am compelled now to share a safety moment with all. When I was working under my car I was using big jack stands and still put a floor jack each side as back up, just in case. Also place a chock behind each rear tire and engaged parking brake. With this kind of set up, I had good peace of mind during the work, which is priceless. Don't take any chances on your safety. You and your loved ones depend on it.
Old 12-03-13, 10:00 PM
CaliRX330
Driver School Candidate

Changed the oil
Changed the transmission fluid
Changed the air filter
Changed the cabin filter
Changed the water pump
Changed the timing belt
Changed both drive belts
Got an alignment
Old 01-19-14, 04:27 PM
PURECARO
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragosdor
So in her 1st year and 20k flawless miles I have done these:
-GROM USB-Bluetooth adapter
-Proclip custom fit iPhone and iPad mini holders
-roof rack delete
-OEM HID headlights retrofit
-Eibach lowering springs (stiffer not lower)
-K&N panel air filter
-F Sport FORGED 19x8 rims on 255/35/19 Michelins
-RX400h front grille that I bought from defo ^^

Does this have some sort of lip add on in the front? Mine looks so naked and bare this one at least in the pics doesn't. I love it
Old 01-19-14, 08:31 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PURECARO
Does this have some sort of lip add on in the front? Mine looks so naked and bare this one at least in the pics doesn't. I love it
That's stock (OEM) front bumper with stock (OEM) lip if you can call it that. No front lip there.
Old 01-20-14, 09:08 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very HAWT!

Originally Posted by MITHARRIER
Here's some pics

Old 01-20-14, 09:14 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

amazing stance.

Originally Posted by infinirx
As of today 90% stock. Took out the air ride and put in new Monroe and KYB struts.

Old 01-21-14, 06:17 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Converted my RX into a CT200H F-Sport ........................... if only for 1 night (RX is having the timing belt / water pump replaced).
Old 03-03-14, 08:20 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

bump......
Old 03-03-14, 10:43 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Well the car just had the following done in the last few weeks (bought it a few weeks ago)

* Tinted the front windows
* New tyres

And (not entirely sure how I missed it when I first bought it) noticed that the rear is de-badged except the Lexus "L" logo.

Last edited by draco; 03-03-14 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-29-14, 04:23 PM
JProdun
Driver

Not all today, but overall:

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake
Interior lights changed to LEDs
Back Up lights changed to LEDs
Parking Lights changed to LEDs
Fog Lights changed to Jet Yellow
Roof Rack Removed

Some more stuff is planned
Attached Thumbnails The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-image-3655664287.jpg  
Old 04-30-14, 01:02 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good job gentlemen, good to see the mod spirit alive and well on the 2 gen forum.
Old 05-05-14, 12:31 PM
Gordonrx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weapon intake

Did the weapon intake make a difference? Sound? Performance?
Old 05-05-14, 12:41 PM
JProdun
Driver

Sound - yes, performance - i'd say that i feel that it pulls a bit better, but it's just how i feel. No dyno to prove it

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)