RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-12, 10:01 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's another link, maybe it'll work. http://youtu.be/wk2jEm1eWZQ

Very well done vid! That's really the first time I've seen it 'all together'.
Old 10-01-12, 12:35 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've watched the video.
I love your ride and it has a lot of nice stuff in it.

Only drawback is that I think you rushed a few things and that you did it from a technical point of view instead of a selling point of view. I'll send you a more detail constructive thoughts in a PM.
Old 10-01-12, 07:52 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
I've watched the video.
I love your ride and it has a lot of nice stuff in it.

Only drawback is that I think you rushed a few things and that you did it from a technical point of view instead of a selling point of view. I'll send you a more detail constructive thoughts in a PM.
Thanks for the feedback. All your points were great. However it was not really a great video. Just "a" video for some one that asked for it. I was/am very busy with school and doing a real great sale vid is just really hard to do. This was a very relaxed, time consuming and detailed vid of the mods. However I also really agree I should prob. have sold also on the "lexus" brand. I just assumed the potential buyer already knew most of that stuff.

Either way I am at the point I might really need to part out so but if I do another video I will do it allot better.
Old 10-04-12, 04:14 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Yup well the part out has started. Thread updated on the forum. I wish there were a better way to put up sales on car specific areas. I can't sell here at all. That means I have to just sit and wait for some of you to actually find the sale page or it gets deleted. How ironic.

Anyways I will check in time to time to help out those new guys with questions about the RX. You know like I did when I first came around. I will also post here with photo updates with parts leaving the car lol. I think it will be interesting actually.
Old 10-04-12, 06:45 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Don' be a stranger, you.ve been a big part of this forum! Are you rocking a GX now?
Old 10-04-12, 08:50 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
Don' be a stranger, you.ve been a big part of this forum! Are you rocking a GX now?
Yeah. It's allot more vehicle than I ever expected. The V8 is a beast. Not allot to mod Better for me haha, Kinda boring in that sense but refreshing in the bank account.
Old 10-04-12, 09:46 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

I rode in one of those once, it was enormous! Amazingly quiet and very solid.
Old 10-04-12, 12:33 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Infinirx, sorry to read that you had a to part out your car, but we all understand and it will be truly missed here on the boards.

Later on that day after I sent the pm about the video I realized that it would take so much time and editing to do a video like I suggested and your time and education is the most import thing right now. Priorities rule!!! Vehicles will come and go and you rocked out with this vehicle while you have it. What some may have dub a soccer mom's SUV or a girlie SUV you've turned it into a hot whip.

Enjoy the Gx and I have a feeling that you're going to mod that also. Moding may not be out your system just yet, stop in and say hello to us Rx guys when you have a moment. Good luck with the part out and sale.
Old 10-04-12, 01:50 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
Infinirx, sorry to read that you had a to part out your car, but we all understand and it will be truly missed here on the boards.

Later on that day after I sent the pm about the video I realized that it would take so much time and editing to do a video like I suggested and your time and education is the most import thing right now. Priorities rule!!! Vehicles will come and go and you rocked out with this vehicle while you have it. What some may have dub a soccer mom's SUV or a girlie SUV you've turned it into a hot whip.

Enjoy the Gx and I have a feeling that you're going to mod that also. Moding may not be out your system just yet, stop in and say hello to us Rx guys when you have a moment. Good luck with the part out and sale.
Hahaha believe me I have a list of stuff but it's all very rudimentary. Some aftermarket Vias ipod stuff, OEM and a couple of OEM JDM but not allot available. The GX470 is the Prado/Land Cruiser outside the USA and their are allot of interior and exterior differences that make it hard to know what will fit and not fit.

I just don't have the time or money for risk taking and customization like I did. Plus the maintenance on the GX is ALLOT more than the RX. Doubled to tripled in expenses.

Rear suspension is air and digitally controlled. Each rear struts are at best $700 a piece. Usually a sensor ends up busting when you replace the shocks atc. etc. more and more $$. Still love the truck chases tundra luxury SUV lol!!

But miss the MPG and lightness of the RX not to mention low maintenance. Simple to take car of.
Old 10-12-12, 08:36 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally get to add something to this thread. Got my 2 front windows tinted today. We have a company called Tint-A-Car here in Australia (not sure if they have a US presence). The window tint film I got is called "Octane". It is a 35% VLT tint (so darkest legal tint) but it also has a pigment that makes it "look darker" than it actually is. All legal and it looks beautiful on the car. Surprisingl it blends in so nicely with the rear windows, it's ridiculous - why I haven't done this up until now, I'll never understand................... Love the look!

Old 10-18-12, 12:59 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Today I started my part out. procrastinated so much and now that it's happening it's still hard to do anything lol!

But I did this today.....

Then saw this and just could not go any further...

next I will start doing the easy stuff. Wald kit, interior mods.
Old 10-18-12, 04:30 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

That brings back memories, when I had to pull my DTS 5.1 surround system out from my old car, i ended up with 2 boxes of goodies and miles of cables.
Old 10-18-12, 08:58 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by draco
Finally get to add something to this thread. Got my 2 front windows tinted today. We have a company called Tint-A-Car here in Australia (not sure if they have a US presence). The window tint film I got is called "Octane". It is a 35% VLT tint (so darkest legal tint) but it also has a pigment that makes it "look darker" than it actually is. All legal and it looks beautiful on the car. Surprisingl it blends in so nicely with the rear windows, it's ridiculous - why I haven't done this up until now, I'll never understand................... Love the look!

Looks great! Are those over sized tires? They look big!
Old 10-19-12, 01:51 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mowmow
That brings back memories, when I had to pull my DTS 5.1 surround system out from my old car, i ended up with 2 boxes of goodies and miles of cables.
lol well unfortunately I ended up pulling the BT microphone too hard, it broke, and had to do some surgery that I am thinking was not good enough hehe. Also busted the button to activate voice commends. It's really delicate. put that back together but dunno if that's gonna work either. Well at least they are replaceable. If there is an issue I will buy them both and send them out.
Old 11-02-12, 02:11 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Ok documenting the breakdown of the RX build back to stock thus far lol

Ready! So I thought. company sent me the wrong rears and wasted about half the day (4hrs) till we figured it out.

about 6:30 am picking up the car from Moms.

Curtains and stereo out!

Found these. Never painted or installed. I hate that I never finished some of this stuff.

Great install on the Air Compressors. Too bad I could not take them off today due to getting the wrong rear struts. So annoying.

Stock dash. Looks good. However seems my CD player and radio is not working right. Gotta be a bad connection. Everything else is working fine.

WALD Kit off!! Better this way. I just took the front camera off as well so now I can stop worrying about the front lip.

So after today it looks like this but I put the roof racks back on. Still a great looking car lowered and with those wheels.

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)