RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-11, 11:35 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I should prob have that done as well. Not sure if it's ever been done on my car. Kind of scary. When should the rear Diff? and transfer fluids be done anyway? I am planning another trans fluid change and plugs at 120K maybe I should add this to the list.
Old 09-18-11, 12:02 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Finally after months waiting for a shady mechanic to return my Springs and engine cover I got a replacement. Thanks Seawell!

Not sure if many do stuff like this but found a pro clear bra guy and did the entire lip kit today. Better to be safe than sorry. Such great protection for a FB kit.

Just gonna teas a little here

I am starting to feel self conscious about posting so much. I am so web based in my world when I am not moving around and modding or in my school work I just can't help share.
Old 09-18-11, 01:19 AM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep sharing brudda!! Loving the updates. Curious to see what you're doing to your console!

Had a few swirls I wanted to remove on the paintwork, so yesterday I spent pretty much all day detailing the car.. i'm stuffed now! lol

Steps were :
Poorboys SSR3.0 on Lake County (Orange) Pad
Poorboys SSR1.5 on Lake County (White) Pad
Dodojuice Lime Prime on Lake County (Blue) Pad
Megs Show Car Glaze
Megs Techwax Sealant
Dodojuice Blue Velvet Wax
and CarPro CQuartz for Trim

More pics here :
https://picasaweb.google.com/1050597...Pb_vb3HvdK3uwE
Old 09-18-11, 05:43 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Howie, your RX looks insane! The new rims are awesome too.
Old 09-18-11, 05:52 AM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Thanks buddy! I was swearing and cursing about half way through detailing, got up at around 7am and didn't stop till about 4pm .. but the final result was totally worth it heh.
Old 09-18-11, 07:30 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be pretty boring around here without the Howie and James show, we can talk about tires and timing belts only so much.
Old 09-18-11, 08:34 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Exactly, that's why I come back to 2nd gen land And Carver, you don't do a bad job yourself. Where's that grill?
Old 09-18-11, 08:43 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ I second that Kitlz. Carver you got allot contributed here. Howiefied I like the close ups
Old 09-18-11, 09:07 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Where's that grill?
Still sitting on my living room floor. I like looking at it, once it goes on the car I'll rarely see it again!

I'm going to force myself to do it next week. Pics aplenty!
Old 09-18-11, 11:22 AM
Sandhopper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
^^^ I should prob have that done as well. Not sure if it's ever been done on my car. Kind of scary. When should the rear Diff? and transfer fluids be done anyway? I am planning another trans fluid change and plugs at 120K maybe I should add this to the list.
Not sure what the schedule indicates but I like to change out the differentials every 50K with a good synthetic gear oil. Same with the transfer case. I am about to do our Burban at 25K just because I am a little courious as to the condition of the oil. I have had some front differential problems with my GM trucks in the past. The rears tend to be a little more stout.
Old 09-18-11, 12:21 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Howiefied, do not think my RX looked that clean when new. Good work.
Old 09-18-11, 03:32 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sandhopper
Not sure what the schedule indicates but I like to change out the differentials every 50K with a good synthetic gear oil. Same with the transfer case. I am about to do our Burban at 25K just because I am a little courious as to the condition of the oil. I have had some front differential problems with my GM trucks in the past. The rears tend to be a little more stout.
Ppppprrrrrrroooobbably should get it done then. I need o check and see if it was ever done.
Old 09-18-11, 03:45 PM
Sandhopper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howiefied, Looks real nice! would like to get a set of those shoes... Real clean. Going to wait on the rims and tires until my current tires are spent. Won't be too long at this rate.
Old 09-18-11, 04:11 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Thanks guys! Loving how active this forum has become... next i wanna try out that door sill led mod that Gidovs posted.
Old 09-18-11, 05:13 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Ok! Here we go.

Small stuff first:
Got some just for show to impress the judges stuff here. Cigar Ash tray/ Table lighter compartment No one will ever smoke in the car. But it's clever. Sake Bottles on the left.

Sport Peddles. Needs to be drilled on by the way. I think it adds a nice detail to an otherwise never seen or looked at area.

This was a great mod for me. Not as much the new Stereo but the Beatsonic product. It's not even the mount you can see but the 12pin and 20pin bypass boxes that let me use my HAVAC, OEM Nav w/ sound, BT, and rear view camera! Well done!

Beats spending $400 on the touch screen Greddy that does almost the same stuff. I can get Diagnostic Codes and all right on the LCD screen of the Navi.

Next week is maybe the front license plate cemara to avoid crashing my front lip kit. Also made by beatsonic!

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)