RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Slip Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 11:20 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slip Indicator Light

Very simply the 'Slip Indicator Light' has been going on more and more lately. At first it was once or twice when leaving my garage in the ramp or off the highway on a sharp turn and funny hill. I thought oh it's just cause the wheels are a bit heavy and it's a strange hill, turn.

But now it's progressed and I think it could be a bigger problem. I am Getting it allot more. It's the rear wheels and now it at times happens when on a hill going upwards. Does not seem right. It's not snowing lol!! It's not wet. But hte wheels are heavy. 21"s and allot wider than stock as well. Could it be over time some parts are giving and not being able to rotate the wheels? So strange to me.

Any suggestions wold be great.
Old 05-04-11, 11:34 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

AWD or FWD?
Old 05-04-11, 11:39 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

AWD suspension
Old 05-04-11, 11:40 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah! You have air on it right?
Old 05-04-11, 11:46 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Yes but I don't think that would effect the rear diff. from rotating the tires or what ever is happening. I drove very cautiously today and all was good. But I know it's gonna happen again lol!
Old 05-05-11, 07:13 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might just be rolling through those turns too fast. You said the roads were not wet?? Maybe just a little?
Old 05-05-11, 07:37 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Clean the wheel sensors real good on the hubs (all 4) CAUTION the rear ones are very tuff to get out,so be careful with them. More than likely this is your problem.
Old 05-05-11, 09:20 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexus114
Clean the wheel sensors real good on the hubs (all 4) CAUTION the rear ones are very tuff to get out,so be careful with them. More than likely this is your problem.
Wheel sensors? Ok I gotta find out what those are are where they are lol!
Old 05-05-11, 10:49 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

He may be thinking of the factory air system, yours no doubt has them but most likely a bit more available than the original air.
Old 05-05-11, 11:02 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
He may be thinking of the factory air system, yours no doubt has them but most likely a bit more available than the original air.
Where wheel sensors are concerned? I am confused. I wold not even know where to start to look. I know I have a digital leveling system called AccuAir that has sensor arms but that's about height not wheel rotation.
Old 05-05-11, 01:07 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

The wheel sensors on each hub work with the traction control & also with the abs system. When you take your wheel off, look on the side of the hub toward the vehicle. You will see I believe it`s a 10mm bolt, take that off, disconnect the wire that goes to it,pull it out of the housing, and clean off any debris that may be on it. They are magnatized so they tend to p/u some real fine particles. Do this for each wheel. I used WD40 and cleaned/dried them real well,and put them back in. Worked like a charm.
Old 05-05-11, 03:13 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! I have to put in new rotors so I am going to do this at the same time!

PS: The guy that fixed my front differential a while back says it could be my ride height sensors. Might need to be recalibrated.

Last edited by infinirx; 05-05-11 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-11-11, 09:09 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

So far what my mechanic told me was that my rotors were warped and that is sets off this kind of issue because they are lose and uneven. My front pass. side rotor was crystallized and you could see the damage in the back. Also my rear brakes were done. So I have been using the front brakes mostly and on warped rotors.

Did the switch today to slotted and drilled front and rear. New brakes. I hope that's it. I will check in in a few days to see cause I should know since it happened enough where it should not happen at all now.
Old 05-11-11, 09:29 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Damn, those new brakes must feel pretty good.
Old 05-11-11, 10:00 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
Damn, those new brakes must feel pretty good.
Yeah they are Axis replicas. Decent brakes

Funny they were so easy to install. Took two hours for all four. I paid my friend that is one of those great mechanics that is NOT a working mechanic $100. He even fixed my left HID fog light that never seemed to work right.

It's really something when you see some one do thorough work for practically nothing cause he really loves it and it's better work than the dealership would prob. do. He showed me the shoddy work the guy that installed my Air Bag suspension and HID Fogs. Just amazing.

However in a few days of driving I will know for sure if he's right about the slip light issue

Quick Reply: Slip Indicator Light