RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone with a WALD kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 09:42 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone with a WALD kit installed

Just wondering if there is anyone with a WALD kit installed that can do me a favour? I need to know what the vertical height of the front lip is. I need to know from where it attaches to the original bumper and to the bottom. I am more interested in the side of the front lip kit rather than the front. I have asked someone down here a question regarding it, but I don't expect an answer until possibly Monday.

Thanks if you are able to assist.
Old 04-02-11, 06:35 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I ask why?
Old 04-02-11, 08:23 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

I have an idea in mind and would like to know how big this bumper is.
Old 04-02-11, 11:55 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one here as far as I know actually have it installed yet due to they need to change there front bumper. Go onto their site and contact them. Wald International is the name.
Old 04-03-11, 06:02 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you need to change the front bumper? It's a lip kit and fits over the bottom portion of the front bumper. There are others who already have this kit on their RX (I know I've seen between 3-5 different owners on here) so your best bet is to search for them and ask for their assistance.
Old 04-03-11, 06:51 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by infinirx
No one here as far as I know actually have it installed yet due to they need to change there front bumper. Go onto their site and contact them. Wald International is the name.
Infinirx, it is a lip kit so it attaches the OEM front bumper. Not too sure where you got the idea that you had to change the bumper??
Old 04-03-11, 07:57 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Guys gotta do a little more searching on this forum There is some one that has an edition of the RX that has a different front bumper. I dunno Pebble beach maybe? It's also I think a burgundy metallic color? Long time ago and I cannot remember the thread. They have the entire kit on accept the front lip due to the front bumper being different in some way.

Been camping this kit for almost a year so far. I have this kit on order and it is some where either in US customs or the ocean. Ordered it about seven weeks ago. So if you want to wait and not contact Wald international I will for sure let you know if you still need it by then.
Old 04-04-11, 07:00 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys gotta do a little more searching on this forum There is some one that has an edition of the RX that has a different front bumper. I dunno Pebble beach maybe? It's also I think a burgundy metallic color? Long time ago and I cannot remember the thread. They have the entire kit on accept the front lip due to the front bumper being different in some way.

Been camping this kit for almost a year so far. I have this kit on order and it is some where either in US customs or the ocean. Ordered it about seven weeks ago. So if you want to wait and not contact Wald international I will for sure let you know if you still need it by then.
The only reason I can see as to why the front lip won't work with the OEM bumper is if you have a Hybrid, and if I'm not mistaken, that's why that owner couldn't put the front lip on his car.
Old 04-04-11, 07:39 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Back to the question, does anybody have a WALD kit installed on a non-hybrid RX. I did my searching earlier and did come across the Hybrid and he quite clearly stated that the front of the kit would not fit his RX because it was a hybrid and they have a different bumper.
Old 04-04-11, 08:47 AM
LS430LX470
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by draco
Just wondering if there is anyone with a WALD kit installed that can do me a favour? I need to know what the vertical height of the front lip is. I need to know from where it attaches to the original bumper and to the bottom. I am more interested in the side of the front lip kit rather than the front. I have asked someone down here a question regarding it, but I don't expect an answer until possibly Monday.

Thanks if you are able to assist.

I saw this kit ( i didnt like it) but check out the one on lextacy.com

( http://www.lextasy.com/rx330-body-kit.htm )
Old 04-04-11, 01:09 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

I think you got your answer. No one here has it yet....

http://www.wald.co.jp/contact/contact.html

Or you can contact the store I got it from since they have a direct connection to Wald and see what they say.

http://www.pgmotoringusa.com/store/c..._detail&p=1405
Old 04-05-11, 07:50 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

It would appear that way. The person that I am talking to down here should hopefully have the answer for me tomorrow. I will post the measurements if by the slightest, most likely inconceivably remote hope and possibility that someone else asks the same question down the track once I have my measurements.
Old 04-05-11, 11:31 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

I am extremely curious to what you have in mind
Old 04-06-11, 06:25 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

I am extremely curious to what you have in mind
In mind, well I do have something in mind . Whether what I am thinking will work out or now all depends on the measurements I get tomorrow. The guy did send me some pictures but the measurements weren't as accurate as I wanted them to be, so I will have wait and see. I should have a better idea tomorrow hopefully.
Old 04-06-11, 08:49 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

I don't quite understand the secrecy. Some of us may have better insight if you explained your objective. It may turn out that your intent may be impossible for entirely other reasons, or someone may have an idea that allows you to bypass the whole measurement altogether!

Quick Reply: Anyone with a WALD kit installed