RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Chrome door handles...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 09:56 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Stick ons have holes (for us 2nd gens). I know because I have the dumb stick ons.
Old 10-19-10, 04:15 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really annoying. No instructions. asking the vendor whats up.

Update: His response was "Normally, TOYOTA optional parts come with the installation manual, but TOYOTA genuine stock parts don't come with it. The chrome door handles are TOYOTA genuine stock parts, so we don't have the installation manual. We just sent some pictures about the installation of the chrome door handles on TOYOTA Harrier to your email address"

Trying to figure out how to upload the full size images atm. I will post later.

Update#2:
If they are way too big for the page I will edit the post and make them links instead. It's all in Japanese so might be challenging for some. But if you have worked on cars before I am sure things will become clear once your on that step. That is usually the case for me and I am an amateur.

Fronts

Rears

Last edited by infinirx; 10-19-10 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-20-10, 09:16 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Update. Installed and looking great. However if you do NOT read Japanese your probably going to get stuck a few times like I did. The rears are a pain and if I did not have my buddy mechanic to ask questions and help me out while he was working on other cars I would be in trouble. I did not expect the Lexus interiors of the doors to be much more complicated than my lower end Toyota that's a year younger lol! Allot more going on inside with he RX. Still very doable for some one that is handy with car mods. Your gonna have to re-train the rear auto windows again as well with the front driver door controls.

Need a special screwdriver in two different sizes for two spots and need to take off and unplug the rear doors. Once that was out of the way about 1hr+ later I was good for the front doors. The first rear was hard the second was a cinch. The two front doors took me 10min. cause it's one screw and that's it.

iphone...

Real pics tomorrow when I was done it was dark out.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-21-10 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-21-10, 06:42 AM
mandyfig

Great post. This is good stuff!
Old 10-21-10, 08:46 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

I did not really leave the house today so no pics

However good news for all of you. I will be seeing my contact Friday or next week to pick up another JDM part. I am going to give her the part numbers and show her that they fit Then maybe she will take on the product and sell them. This means a price discount and for SoCal people shipping as well.

I will let you know.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-22-10 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-22-10, 06:02 AM
mandyfig

Good luck!
Old 10-22-10, 06:26 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Update: Those are not part numbers lol! the guy form Japan takes them off. The numbers we are seeing are meaningless to us Soooooooo seems she had a set and she is a go to sell them now. She does not speak English very well so I did not get that she had a set for me to look at lol!

I am just waiting on a price for you guys and I will post a link to the site and such. Either way we are good Should at least save a few bucks you know? Alos have a great seller that has allot of stuff no one else has, plus can get stuff from the Car Bibles that are out there.

I can pick almost anything from this Japan exclusive mag and she can prob. get it. There are things in this book that will blow your mind.

Ok I took pics with the door handles on. Will post soon

Last edited by infinirx; 10-22-10 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-22-10, 06:50 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

UPDATE: Please read the prev. post

Here are some pics with the new wheels and the new door handles. I think they are a match

From a distance:

Close up:

Old 10-23-10, 05:36 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the handles turned out nice with the car infini!

Now, can you get me one of those "HyperRev" books for the RX?
Old 10-23-10, 07:02 AM
mandyfig

Looking good! Those tinted rears?
Old 10-23-10, 09:47 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Velino you gotta go on that journey yourself buddy. Hard to find stuff that I earned lol!

Yeah tinted rears. To me it's risky and I get paranoid I am gonna get stopped. I did about 3 days after I painted them. But was lucky and got a warning. I got some JDM paint and will redo it allot lighter next time.
Old 10-23-10, 10:48 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Your car looks great, but for some reason the RX with tinted tail lights look a little weird to me. I really love the way the original tail lights look or the Hybrid tail lights
Old 10-24-10, 02:22 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adam8065
Your car looks great, but for some reason the RX with tinted tail lights look a little weird to me. I really love the way the original tail lights look or the Hybrid tail lights
I agree it's also too dark. Looks like an extension to the rear window. Like I wrote before I am planning a redo. I want it much more subtle. Then if I find that weird I will go back to regular . lol Kind of the way it goes when doing all of this on your own. Gotta research the hard way.

Did them really dark on my last car that was a nice rich Salsa Red pearl. Worked really well with that car. Not this one.

PS: I don't want to get too off topic from the OP. Feeling guilty.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-24-10 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-24-10, 06:28 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by infinirx
I agree it's also too dark. Looks like an extension to the rear window. Like I wrote before I am planning a redo. I want it much more subtle. Then if I find that weird I will go back to regular . lol Kind of the way it goes when doing all of this on your own. Gotta research the hard way.

Did them really dark on my last car that was a nice rich Salsa Red pearl. Worked really well with that car. Not this one.

PS: I don't want to get too off topic from the OP. Feeling guilty.
Yeah, I did it to my matador Gs and they looked amazing; but tinted tail lights on the Rx look very weird. Also, the Rx tail lights look very clean and sharp in their original form.
Old 10-29-10, 09:19 AM
mandyfig

Tinted tails look good on darker colors. Light colors tend to highlight the tints and they look weird. JM2C.

Quick Reply: Chrome door handles...