RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Please help: 4 indicators on dash come up @ same time

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-10, 09:55 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please help: 4 indicators on dash come up @ same time

05 RX330 AWD, which we use only 2-3 times a week. All of a sudden, the dash lights up with low tire pressure, ABS, and 2 other lights. What could that be?

P.S. I had misspelled "Please" but found no way of correcting that after post is made.

Last edited by Kostyan; 01-15-10 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-15-10, 10:09 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kostyan
05 RX330 AWD, which we use only 2-3 times a week. All of a sudden, the dash lights up with low tire pressure, ABS, and 2 other lights. What could that be?

P.S. I had misspelled "Please" but found no way of correcting that after post is made.
A common issue the the brake light switch behind the brake pedal. I don't know how much it costs to replace because the dealer replaced mine under warranty.
Old 01-15-10, 10:13 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
A common issue the the brake light switch behind the brake pedal. I don't know how much it costs to replace because the dealer replaced mine under warranty.
what lights were on, what symptoms did you have with your RX?
Old 01-15-10, 10:29 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Same issue as mine....I have checked all TSB's and no specific mention of this issue.
Old 01-15-10, 10:37 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what lights were on, what symptoms did you have with your RX?
The only issue was the dash lights were on I don't know if the brake lights were working properly or not. The lights were VSC, brake, and check engine? (not sure on that one, it is the wife's car). I did a search here and found that the brake switch was a common failure. I took it in since it was under warranty. They diagnosed the problem as the brake switch and fixed it under warranty.
Old 01-15-10, 10:43 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Same issue as mine....I have checked all TSB's and no specific mention of this issue.
Someone mentions of a TSB in your post regarding this issue, that has to do with replacing a wire harness, that supposedly freezes in cold temps...But this applies only to 2009 model year.

Mandyfig, have you looked at this sensor yet?
Old 01-15-10, 12:46 PM
mandyfig

I have no clue what to check. Let's wait for my Service advisor's reply. Mine will happen intermittently. I have seen it 4x for the last 1.5 weeks. Once it is on, it stays on. It does not come up when you 1st start your car.

I believe it does not affect your car, but it is certainly irritating, specially the blinking low pressure tire...
Old 01-15-10, 12:48 PM
mandyfig

I have no clue what to check. Let's wait for my Service advisor's reply. Mine will happen intermittently. I have seen it 4x for the last 1.5 weeks. Once it is on, it stays on. It does not come up when you 1st start your car.

I believe it does not affect your car, but it is certainly irritating, specially the blinking low pressure tire...
Old 01-22-10, 08:50 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

AdAMJEEPS, how did the dealer know its the switch? Did ECU throw a code and which one?

The symptoms have dissapeared completely while the temps were a bit warmer here in Mid Atlantic (high 40's). Today, the temps fell back to the 30's, my wife drove the RX this morning and saw the lights come back on!

I want to take the RX to Autozone to have the code pulled this weekend and go from there to confirm its the switch and nothing else.

Mandyfig- did you get yours fixed? btw I saw someone's post on here they had to replace the 02 sensor for lights on the dash type of problem...
Old 01-22-10, 01:24 PM
mandyfig

As I posted in my thread, the OBDII did not show any recording. ZERO. And I knew for a fact that the lights went on twice prior to me testing it!

I need Lexus to tell me what's wrong. Quite annoying!
Old 01-22-10, 02:06 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The symptoms have dissapeared completely while the temps were a bit warmer here in Mid Atlantic (high 40's). Today, the temps fell back to the 30's, my wife drove the RX this morning and saw the lights come back on!
Check pressure in all 5 tires, including the spare. If the TPMS light comes on when the weather gets cold, one or more of your tires has low pressure in it. And who knows, maybe the TPMS light triggers others to come on.
Old 01-23-10, 07:12 AM
mandyfig

My tire pressure is checked every 2 weeks. Always at 34 psi. That rules it out for me. CEL light is not on, hence no report on the OBDII scanner. This is really annoying.

Will bring in next week to the dealer.
Old 01-23-10, 10:56 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
My tire pressure is checked every 2 weeks. Always at 34 psi.
Just confirming, it includes the spare, right?
Old 01-23-10, 12:28 PM
mandyfig

Oh shoot, I was not even thinking about the spare.

However, I have an 04. Therefore the spare tire's pressure is not monitored...!
Old 01-23-10, 03:16 PM
Kostyan
Pole Position

took the wifey's RX for a spin and encountered the lights: the ABS, emergency brake, VSC, and low tire pressure were on. The low tire pressure was blinking, others were steady on. Restarted her up and they went away. Went to Autozone and just like madyfig said, no codes.

Low tire pressure should not trigger other lights to come on.

Quick Reply: Please help: 4 indicators on dash come up @ same time