RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Stereo Questions

Old 01-13-10, 03:15 PM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by vasanda
Where is the stock amplifier located?
For '99 it is behind the rear seat and the sub is under the front passenger seat.

Salim
Old 01-13-10, 05:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by mowmow
Thats a great picture !! Your installer really did a good job hiding the subs and amps. I had a fiberglass enclosure for my old car with 2 JL 10W6 v2 in there I'm thinking of doing just 1 this time, now that I have a 1 year old boy, can't really crank it up when he is in the car. Happy for you that you are getting the new 450h, it's sure is a cool car too. Can you let me know what is the color code for the ski rack up top.
My friend owns a body shop and I would like to paint my faded black ski rack to the new metallic silver color.
mowmow, yeah, I really liked what my installer did. He was creative and expensive And getting a little more bass is better than none at all. Good luck with your system.

I'm not sure what the color of the roof rack is on the 10 RX. It blends right into the tungsten pearl which is a little lighter than millenium silver. So they don't stand out on my 450h. I'm thinking about taking them off and going topless
Old 01-19-10, 07:17 PM
vasanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the amp. Does anyone have the model number or know the wattage?
Thx
Old 04-24-14, 03:13 PM
Eliaquim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RX330 CLT
Vasanda,

You're in luck. You CAN upgrade your factory stereo with anything you want in your vehicle. I just recently replaced my factory head unit, speakers and amplifier in my 2004 RX330 with Navigation without losing any functions in my dash. It's not for the novice but with time and the correct tools it can be done. I will do a full DIY with pictures soon but here's some areas of interest.

1- Contact Beatsonic to get the new trim panel and correct harness for your vehicle. Most likely you need the SLA-82 but in my case I used the MVA-82. The harness you use is based on year, ML or no ML, and Nav. or no Nav. Tip, beatsonic stocks other harnesses not shown on their U.S. site.
http://shop.beatsonicusa.com/product...5&categoryId=2

2- Select whatever double-din head unit you want. I'm using a Clarion VX409.

3- I suggest changing your speakers. I used Infinty Reference Series 6x9's in the front and Infinity Reference Series 6.5's in the rear. I cut out the factory speakers and retained the factory "basket" and simply dropped in the Infinity's and soldered the connections behind the speaker. I also installed Stinger Roadkill in the doors.

4- I went with 2 12" Infinity Reference Series subs. This might or might not be your thing but it allows me to take the heavier bass out of the doors. The sub is not permanent so I can take it out in a minute.

5- The mono and 4-channel Alpine amps are mounted under the upper compartment in the hatch where your spare tire jack is etc. I removed the bottom tray so the amps could get better air flow.

6- I also installed a 7-band Clarion EQ which is hidden from view.

Again, a much more comprehensive DIY is coming soon!

Words can't describe how much better music sounds now. It took two weekends to complete but was well worth it! I was in the same boat as you trying to find out how to upgrade everything. I found a few threads where people changed some things but never how or who made the modifications. An installer maybe? Anyway, I always messed around with sound systems from high school to my mid 20's and was glad to see in my mid 30's I can still do it!

Here's some pics of my system. Sorry for the quality but it got dark on me. Enjoy!

Scott
Hello! Please help me with one thing. When you worked on your system, did find out if the door speakers are wired together with the dash speakers or the tweeters...

Thank you!