RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

My Dealer is the #1 Dealer in the US

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 06:12 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts
Default My Dealer is the #1 Dealer in the US

My dealer has been rated as the #1 Lexus dealer in customer satisfaction, 17 out of the last 19 years as advertised in the local paper. I have gone in for service without calling on several occasions and always received prompt service. Waiting room has cable TV, computer bays, DVD movies, coffee, juice, soft drinks, cookies, donuts, etc. Service mgr always gives you a time for service if you wait and is always on time. The car always is cleaned inside and out. I assumed that all Lexus dealers are like this but was just wondering. How is your dealer ?

Cat
Old 12-11-09, 06:51 PM
kiwi
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine is inside the toyota dealer, just a different counter, they do have lexus techs, but thats where it ends, same waiting room as toyota, no comp. no free coffee juice etc, just a tv on the news channel with uncomfotable chairs
Old 12-11-09, 06:55 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

I love mine. First Lexus dealer in New Jersey, celebrated 20 years this year. I've been going there for 11 years and purchased 3 RXs from them now. I walk in and get the best price without any haggling.

They moved their service department into a former ice skating rink a few years back. Drive up and the huge garage door opens - no exposure to the elements. A valet takes the car - even the valets have been there a long time. I go up to the incredibly long granite counter staffed by no less than seven people, take a seat in the leather seats in the waiting area, grab tea, hot chocolate, or any of the 15 kinds of coffee they have there. Food is always available. Cable TV, free wifi and a kiddie play area.

I have stayed with the same service advisor, Mary, for the most part. She has been there for 19 years and is the absolute best. She gives me discounts including free parts and lets only one or two techs work on my RX. I never have to wait there long because Mary will hand me keys to a loaner without asking, even if service only takes an hour or so. Or I could have them pick up the car from me if I wanted. Only used it once but it's an added convenience.

Oh, I should mention I drive 38 miles to my dealer. There are at least 15 others closer. But why go anywhere else?
Old 12-11-09, 11:09 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,099 Likes on 989 Posts

I am very pleased with Lexus of Austin.

It has had some growing pains .... sharing the bldg with bmw, no Lexus loaners .. but that is past us.

During early part of ownership, I used to visit the service area more [with 3 Lexus in house] often, and now I visit the parts when needed. I have noticed new faces in the service area.

What won me over was, how helpful the staff is. Bryan (last name withheld) [now moved to Houston-Lexus] went over and beyond trying to help a distressed customer on a tire issue.

Regarding the other nice stuff .. waiting area, amenities etc .. they all come with a price tag which we customers pay for. If we like it, then we should be prepared to pay a bit more for the vehicle, parts, service and labor.

Salim
Old 12-14-09, 08:49 AM
mmlex1987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
I love mine. First Lexus dealer in New Jersey, celebrated 20 years this year. I've been going there for 11 years and purchased 3 RXs from them now. I walk in and get the best price without any haggling.

They moved their service department into a former ice skating rink a few years back. Drive up and the huge garage door opens - no exposure to the elements. A valet takes the car - even the valets have been there a long time. I go up to the incredibly long granite counter staffed by no less than seven people, take a seat in the leather seats in the waiting area, grab tea, hot chocolate, or any of the 15 kinds of coffee they have there. Food is always available. Cable TV, free wifi and a kiddie play area.

I have stayed with the same service advisor, Mary, for the most part. She has been there for 19 years and is the absolute best. She gives me discounts including free parts and lets only one or two techs work on my RX. I never have to wait there long because Mary will hand me keys to a loaner without asking, even if service only takes an hour or so. Or I could have them pick up the car from me if I wanted. Only used it once but it's an added convenience.

Oh, I should mention I drive 38 miles to my dealer. There are at least 15 others closer. But why go anywhere else?
This sounds very much like my dealer experience. I also travel past several other dealers that are much closer. "We should all be treated fairly and honestly at our dealers" Those are just my thoughts.
Old 12-14-09, 10:18 AM
metal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kiwi
mine is inside the toyota dealer, just a different counter, they do have lexus techs, but thats where it ends, same waiting room as toyota, no comp. no free coffee juice etc, just a tv on the news channel with uncomfotable chairs
Wow, I am surprised Lexus would allow this based on the experiance I have had with the two LEXUS dealerships I have delt with. Both are first class operations and far exceed my long history with many Cadillac dealers.
Old 12-14-09, 08:49 PM
joako
Driver

Originally Posted by salimshah
It has had some growing pains .... sharing the bldg with bmw, no Lexus loaners .. but that is past us.
Some of us would rather have a decent car for a loaner.

My dealer, Lexus of Kendall in Miami, FL is horrible. The service area is run down -- it is now the old Lexus dealer after they moved to a new building. No free anything but cheap coffee. No WiFi or computer for the customer to use and a TV stuck on a random channel you can't change.

Worst of all they just can't do things right. When you call you get transferred 27 times to setup an appointment. They order parts and never call you -- you need to be on top of them to see if your parts have come in. Half the time the person you need doesn't answer and if you leave a message they don't return your call. They cut a key and it didn't even work... how could you cut a key wrong if a machine does it???
Old 12-15-09, 09:01 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joako
Some of us would rather have a decent car for a loaner.

My dealer, Lexus of Kendall in Miami, FL is horrible. The service area is run down -- it is now the old Lexus dealer after they moved to a new building. No free anything but cheap coffee. No WiFi or computer for the customer to use and a TV stuck on a random channel you can't change.

Worst of all they just can't do things right. When you call you get transferred 27 times to setup an appointment. They order parts and never call you -- you need to be on top of them to see if your parts have come in. Half the time the person you need doesn't answer and if you leave a message they don't return your call. They cut a key and it didn't even work... how could you cut a key wrong if a machine does it???
joako, sounds like to me you need to go to another dealer. Life is too short to suffer the abuse you have described. I would not put up with it.

Cat
Old 12-15-09, 09:58 AM
mmlex1987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
joako, sounds like to me you need to go to another dealer. Life is too short to suffer the abuse you have described. I would not put up with it.

Cat
I agree, find another dealer within your area. Sometimes the extra distance is very much worth the proper treatment you will receive. Good luck.
Old 12-17-09, 10:47 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

I wanted to post my impressions of my latest dealer visit which was this morning. I received a recall letter from Lexus to make an appointment with my local Lexus dealer to have the oil line changed. Here is what I observed:
I drove up to the Service department's large glass doors and they opened up for me to drive in. Drove in and parked behind another RX that was there for service and the glass doors closed to keep in the warmth of the building. A service manager greeted me and found my name on a list and he asked if there were any other issues besides the oil line that they could address while they had the car. I said no and then proceeded to the waiting room as I had told them I would just wait on the car. A loaner was offered to me when I made the appointment but that was not necessary for this visit. The waiting room is laid out like an elegant living room in a nice home. Plush sofa chairs arranged in front of a 42 inch Sanyo TV separated by a table full of magazines and the daily newspaper. To the side were mahogany cushioned chairs. There were several small bays on the side to do office work and use your computer but they also have wireless service available too. There is also another room off from this one if you did not want the distraction of a TV. DVD movies are available to watch if you so desire. They had complimentary coffee and three different kinds of cookies, oatmeal, macadamia and chocolate chip. They had nice enamel coffee cups with the Lexus logo on them as well as paper cups and two different kinds of napkins. Every once in a while a hostess would enter and ask if she could get anything for anybody. My car was ready in about an hour and fifteen minutes and it was washed, vacuumed and the gas tank topped off. It was a very nice experience and I was walked out to my car by my service manager and wished a merry Christmas. I am very pleased with my Lexus experience and that is why my dealer is ranked #1 in the country for customer satisfaction.

Cat
Old 12-17-09, 01:25 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

So who is this mysterious dealer? Got a name and location? This is in AK right?
Old 12-17-09, 01:38 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I go to Charles Barker Lexus in Newport News, Va and Wilde Lexus in Sarasota,FL. Both dealers are outstanding, Wilde is huge, with 88 loaner cars and a putting green you can use while you get an oil change. Both have computers, refreshments, spotless facilities, and super friendly people. For the last 17 years I have owned nothing but Lexus, and it's because of the service I get that keeps me coming back !
Old 12-17-09, 02:50 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
So who is this mysterious dealer? Got a name and location? This is in AK right?
AK=Alaska. No, this is Parker Lexus in Little Rock, Arkansas. They advertise that they have been the the number one Lexus dealer in the USA for the last 18 out of 19 years in customer satisfaction. I just wanted to see how other Lexus customers are treated at their dealers and the amenities.

I wish my dealer had a putting green as I am an avid golfer. If I get a survey card from this last visit I am going to recommend that. I too have been a Lexus owner for the last 14 years and will continue as long as they keep making quality automobiles and keep their great customer service.

Cat
Old 12-18-09, 07:48 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other than to trade my Lexus in for a new one, I never go near a Dealership.
Process is as follows:
  • I book my RX in for a Service by phone or internet,
  • The Dealership calls and confirms the date/time,
  • On the agreed day/time a Lexus Technician arrives at my house, collects my vehicle, leaves me with my complimentary Lexus loaner
  • The same Lexus Technician then returns my vehicle later that day after it's been detailed.

The Dealer I use is across town from me.

No Servicing costs for the first 4 years as I'm under a Corporate Programme however the service levels are the same.

Can't ask for more than this IMHO.
Old 12-18-09, 08:04 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by harleydjce
Other than to trade my Lexus in for a new one, I never go near a Dealership.
Process is as follows:
  • I book my RX in for a Service by phone or internet,
  • The Dealership calls and confirms the date/time,
  • On the agreed day/time a Lexus Technician arrives at my house, collects my vehicle, leaves me with my complimentary Lexus loaner
  • The same Lexus Technician then returns my vehicle later that day after it's been detailed.

The Dealer I use is across town from me.

No Servicing costs for the first 4 years as I'm under a Corporate Programme however the service levels are the same.

Can't ask for more than this IMHO.
Parker Lexus offers the same thing as you described. I just assumed that all Lexus dealer did this. Let's hear from those that do not.

Cat

Quick Reply: My Dealer is the #1 Dealer in the US