TSB Recalibrate ECM engine & transmission - Club Lexus Forums


TSB Recalibrate ECM engine & transmission

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-09, 09:16 PM   #1
visual
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: va
Posts: 51
Default TSB Recalibrate ECM engine & transmission

Took my 05 RX into the dealer and applied the TSB TC005-03 (ECM calibration: shift feeling enhancement). OMG, what a different. It was like night and day different. Smooth shifting. No more hesitation and gear hunting at low speed. I love my "wife" RX now .

The best thing was that it was covered under manufacture warranty (96 months or 80 K miles). They also washed and vacuumed the car. Wow, I love Lexus!
visual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 10:31 PM   #2
voodoojc
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 40
Default

I guess this doesn't apply to the 400h since it has CVT?
voodoojc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 05:33 AM   #3
veleno
Lead Lap
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 671
Posts: 634
Default

What years is this TSB for?
veleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 06:04 AM   #4
visual
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: va
Posts: 51
Default

This TSB only apply to 04 and 05.
visual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 10:47 AM   #5
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
 
kitlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,351
Default

Thanks for the info. Have to tell the dealer to do this next month. The shifting on mine is kinda strange at times.
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 11:44 AM   #6
mandyfig
Moderator
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 9,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual View Post
Took my 05 RX into the dealer and applied the TSB TC005-03 (ECM calibration: shift feeling enhancement). OMG, what a different. It was like night and day different. Smooth shifting. No more hesitation and gear hunting at low speed. I love my "wife" RX now .

The best thing was that it was covered under manufacture warranty (96 months or 80 K miles). They also washed and vacuumed the car. Wow, I love Lexus!

Can you please confirm if your car is already out of regular warranty (48 months, 50K miles)? Are you saying that the TSB was applied based on the Powertrain warranty? Is this what showed up on the Service receipt?
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 11:59 AM   #7
visual
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: va
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyfig View Post
Can you please confirm if your car is already out of regular warranty (48 months, 50K miles)? Are you saying that the TSB was applied based on the Powertrain warranty? Is this what showed up on the Service receipt?
If you search this forum, you can download a pdf version of the TSB. On the first page of the TSB procedure, it stated that this warranty is cover up to 96 months or 80K miles. BTW, my RX is at 77K miles, which passed the Powertrain warranty. I recommend to printout the TSB and bring it with you. If the service adviser give you problem, just show it to them.
visual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 12:03 PM   #8
visual
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: va
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitlz View Post
Thanks for the info. Have to tell the dealer to do this next month. The shifting on mine is kinda strange at times.
hey, if you apply this to 04, you don't need to buy the pending 2010 RX
Your 04 will drive like the 2010 model
visual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 01:59 PM   #9
mandyfig
Moderator
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 9,682
Default

Ok now it rings a bell, thanks.

Yes if you describe the problem, then they will flash your ECU for the improvement.

Some of the folks who did this did not see an improvement and some said it got worse.
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 02:20 PM   #10
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
 
kitlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual View Post
hey, if you apply this to 04, you don't need to buy the pending 2010 RX
Your 04 will drive like the 2010 model
Too late, my '10 is coming in around Christmas
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 09:08 PM   #11
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual View Post
If you search this forum, you can download a pdf version of the TSB. On the first page of the TSB procedure, it stated that this warranty is cover up to 96 months or 80K miles. BTW, my RX is at 77K miles, which passed the Powertrain warranty. I recommend to printout the TSB and bring it with you. If the service adviser give you problem, just show it to them.
Did someone actually post the full PDF of this TSB? Was hard pressed to find it.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 07:26 AM   #12
jfelbab
Moderator
 
jfelbab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 3,142
Default

I found a list of 58 TSB's for the 2004 RX330 here:
http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2004/Lexus/RX330

Looks like TSB Number:0050 is the one to ask your dealer about.
jfelbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:39 AM   #13
mandyfig
Moderator
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 9,682
Default

Bringing this from the archives. Did somebody finally post this TSB?

This is valid through 96 months or 80K miles. I have requested that this be done on my RX and would have been convenient if I had a copy of: TC00503 Shift Enhancement dated 08/11/2003.
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:30 AM   #14
lexus114
Lexus Champion
 
lexus114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bethlehem Twsp. Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,336
Default

Make sure you have either a new battery,or a fully charged one before you take it in for the flash!!!!! If your battery dies before it`s complete,it will wipe out your ecm!
lexus114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:40 AM   #15
mandyfig
Moderator
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 9,682
Default

Shoot, can not do that now. Hope they take care of it. They better. My battery is just fine when I handed them the RX!
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
difficulty with hesitation hmooblis LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 8 07-16-16 05:59 PM
Transmission or ECM? That is the question. Arroz RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 2 10-27-10 04:32 PM
ECU/ECM question 1st Gen crazimofo LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 27 09-22-06 11:17 AM
95/96 Ls400 low Idle, engine dies and jerking thread! 95LS400Bob LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 3 01-07-05 08:59 PM
ECM Calibration: Shifting Enhancement RX330 cmstahl RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 13 09-20-03 05:49 AM


Tags
2004, 2010, 350, bulletins, ecm, lexus, pdf, rx, rx330, service, tc00503, technical, transmission, tsb, warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved